Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tail Gaters - I just hate them

Search this Thread

Old 16 January 2002, 02:47 PM
PEN
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drive to work was uneventful, not much one can do when you can't get out of 1st gear... but this girlie behind me... had the monopoly on how to get into someone's boot, as if getting any closer would speed up the process...

but what really worried me was I could see, she wasn't looking at the road, she was fiddling with her hair, fiddling with the mirror, putting on lippie, one two occasions was actually not visible at the wheel 'gawd knows what she was doing' and even reading something....

all I was expecting was at some stage, instead of the boot inspection it was going to be a boot install.... one Saxo and one Scooby united forever in insurance claim bliss...

the net result of drivers like that is that you end up watching them more than you have too, which is also wrong..

My little winge for the day - just thought I'd share it.
P
Old 16 January 2002, 02:56 PM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What is it with f^^%ing saxos!!

I ****1ng hate them... Im sure there must have been a recall on the fog light switch on them.... Stuck on!

I had one drive up my ar$e... so close I couldnt see there lights.. why do they try and prove that their stickered up saxo vtr is as quick as a scoob? Why did I have to prove that my 4pot calipers and braided brake lines work.. by accidently braking rather hard for no real reason? Why do they still stick them selves back up behind you? Maybe its time I fitted a towball and braked harder?

Sorry to hijack your thread but I hate the things.

David
Old 16 January 2002, 03:02 PM
whip
Scooby Regular

Angry

Had a similar thing happen last week, with an early-twenties girl in a Merc, trying to introduce her car to my rear seats, and swerving quite erratically in the process. It was on the motorway and due to the fact that no-one was leaving more than a 10 foot gap to the car in front it took ages to change lane and get out of harm's way.

When she undertook me a few moments later I could see she had some documents balanced on the wheel and was taking an occasional glance out the window. Brain-dead or what. Have also seen blokes doing similar things, even saw one bloke reading the newspaper on the steering wheel with a coffee in his left hand.

All you can do is try to get in a position where they can't hit you, either by changing lanes or whatever. On a single lane road though it does become harder, your options are to pass the car in front, pull over and let em past or just back off progressively and hope they get the message.

Whip
Old 16 January 2002, 03:10 PM
PEN
Scooby Regular

Angry

David
It was probably the same Saxo as the Fog lights were on... I missed that bit...

You can hyjack my thread whenever you want.... it's fine

did I mention my car did 270 bhp on the rolling road on saturday in case you missed my thread about it... I'm still overwhelmed...

P
Old 16 January 2002, 03:15 PM
MikesWagon
Scooby Regular

Every single night, on alternate weeks I get this blue Saxo hard up my a**e. This thing's so damned close you couldn't get a *** paper between us etc etc.

Not to worry, it's only L's car behind mine in the drive.

Drove it home from snooker last night - great fun in the twisty bits without doing silly speeds. Her fogs only come one when we flash other **** drivers, Scooby's included, who have there's on.

Mike.
Old 16 January 2002, 03:29 PM
JoeyDeacon
Scooby Regular

Angry

A while ago I was in the outside lane doing 95 (Yes I know its naughty blah blah blah) when I noticed I was being followed by a Vauxhall Corsa driven by a woman so close that I couldn't even see her number plate. I came to the conclusion that if I had to brake for any reason there is no way that a Corsa is going to outbrake an Impreza so I pulled over and let her past. She then proceeded to do exactly the same to the car I had just been following.

Some of these people obviously have no idea about stopping distances....
Old 16 January 2002, 03:33 PM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?
im not jealous of 270bhp Bas%^d g1t tw@t...

Saxo vtr approx 110?

160bhp difference... whats to prove... nothing. And our foglights are brighter than theirs.

David

[Edited by David_Wallis - 1/16/2002 3:33:54 PM]
Old 16 January 2002, 04:08 PM
Dizzy
Scooby Regular

Angry

I followed a sinquechento or whatever the F**k they are last night who was soooo close to the celiqa infront it was a joke... when we came to roundabouts etc we all pulled off @ reasonable speeds up to the 60 limit but (s)he insisted on sitting on the bumper of the guy infront?!! why?
Old 16 January 2002, 04:25 PM
mr flibble
Scooby Regular

Hey All Saxo drivers are not T*ats or muppets!! I used to love my VTS, only ever put the fog lights in the fog. I think its a car that has unfortunately gained a bad rep. I must admit I sold mine for MY00 because of its rep, but as a little hot hatch I found it extremely enjoyable (especially when embarrassing more powerful cars!)

remember its not the car, its the driver!

M
Old 16 January 2002, 04:40 PM
juan
Scooby Regular

knew a fella a few years back who had spots wired up in the back of his van for use on various tw@ts driving too close or with main beam on behind him etc.

must have been fun
Old 16 January 2002, 05:33 PM
PEN
Scooby Regular

what's even better I used to have a Blitz box on the back of mine and it was so loud people kept their distance... needless to say I'm deaf now and can't hear a word you're all saying...

but it was fun if someone was stood behind the car when you started it up. Just amazing how high some people can jump when they've had a fright.... just my evil side coming out... sorry...

P
Old 16 January 2002, 06:50 PM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Dont get me wrong a like vts's and respect them... love the handling, power etc and would have one.. but people trying to prove the vtr is quick need to realise.. that a scoob can get to sixty twice as quick... vts's can actually stay quite close.. (ok till second gear)

And I do appreciate its not the car its the driver (Saxo Drivers! )
Old 16 January 2002, 07:05 PM
FLAT ERIC
Scooby Regular

Location: You only live ONCE But if you do it right >>>>> ONCE is enough
Wink

My answer to spotty faced youth T-gaiter.
After signing to pull back a bit perlease but to no avail.I let him by,then followed spotty to his destination.Walked up to him & with a friendly smile said "Hello,my name is Mark.If you want to get any further up my backside,I had better know your first name as well.
With that,spotty took off with his back to the wall.Strange lad.
Never did find out his name.Wife peed her pants when I told her.Wont let me out on my own any more.

Mark
Old 16 January 2002, 07:08 PM
teknopete
Scooby Regular

Cool

Peebs u r doin it all wrong (IMHO)

What u need is a slight over fuelling in u r map
It`s amazing the distance these fools give u after u lick their bumper/bonnet with a flame actually most of the time as soon as they c a flame they draw back

Pete (the torch)
Old 16 January 2002, 07:22 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking

ROFLMAO @ flat eric!
Old 17 January 2002, 05:29 PM
PEN
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Mark, nice one can I use that....

... I think I must be jinxed.... same time, same place... rear view mirror this morning... you guessed it.... OH NO...it was her... AGAIN!!!

...bit paranoid now... maybe she's laying in wait for me... a one girlie 'how to unsettle a scoobie driver' brigade... spoooooky...

if she's there tomorrow I'll know for sure...

P
Old 17 January 2002, 05:48 PM
teknopete
Scooby Regular

Talking

Pen,

Maybe she jus wants u
Or lurvs the detail on u r scoob
Old 17 January 2002, 06:03 PM
FLAT ERIC
Scooby Regular

Location: You only live ONCE But if you do it right >>>>> ONCE is enough
Wink

Pen

Sure you can use it.I will send you a disclaimer to sign in triplicate.Oh & did I mention the medical?I can fix you up with a good plumber

M
Old 17 January 2002, 06:11 PM
GranTurismo
Scooby Regular

As it causes so many accidents why dont they make GATSOS that cath tailgaters?

Camera in the side of the road that records the speed and the gap, or better still video a section of road to avoind any arguments people overtaking and pulling in etc.

All profits to the wiplash trust?
Old 17 January 2002, 06:48 PM
NBW
Scooby Regular

Angry

Sadly it's easier to book a lone motorist doing 100mph on a completely clear stretch of motorway, than it is to catch jerks tailgating.

Like the guy in a BMW 5 series going North on the M1 yesterday - outside lane, 3 feet from the car in front, doing 85-90, and dodging left/right to get past. Did this to about 10-12 cars, very aggressive driving.

Tim
Old 17 January 2002, 10:43 PM
teknopete
Scooby Regular

Cool

GT,

They do that in Germany on the autobahn "video section of road for tailgaiters" they have a box marked on the road and if 2 cars are in it at the same time the gaiter gets busted

Pete
Old 17 January 2002, 11:18 PM
frisby
Scooby Regular

Penni, she was probably only checking out you new spoiler

laters

stu
Old 18 January 2002, 06:48 PM
philc
Scooby Regular

teknopete - that german idea sounds good; never heard of anyone getting booked for tailgating, but it's got to be about the most dangerous driving practice on the road, at any speed.

If i get tailgated it totally changes my driving habits - 'cos now I'm driving for the person behind me - got to allow for their (non-existent) braking distance.

However, with the scoob, I seem to get a lot more *respect* and a lot less tailgating.

Either because they know the subaru is capable of high performance, or I'm not around long enough to notice tailgaters?
Old 18 January 2002, 10:36 PM
MarkJackon
Scooby Regular

Had a VTR keep up with me in my T5, **** head was caught on my Tow bar !!!!!
Old 18 January 2002, 11:25 PM
Sith
Scooby Regular

LOL @ MJ.

P.
Old 19 January 2002, 01:36 AM
teknopete
Scooby Regular

Question

Phil,

IMHO there`d b less accidents if they introduced that idea in this country in stead of dumb a55ed revinue generatin gatsos and at the same time it`d stop us gettin p155ed of by *****.

Pete