Angry

""

Last edited by sport special; 26 March 2005 at 08:29 PM. Reason: rubish
Old 20 December 2000, 07:55 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What do you constitute as drugs?

Were they smoking, inhaling or sniffing?

If it was only a joint, good on the police
for being sensible regarding the harmless weed.

Old 20 December 2000, 08:02 PM
stage 1
Scooby Regular

You deserved it for the fogs!
Old 20 December 2000, 08:18 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Angry

"Harmless weed" - GET REAL!!
Old 20 December 2000, 09:05 PM
MorayMackenzie
Scooby Senior

Cool

Were they beating orphan children while other people did coke and E and smoke?

Sounds like they considered themselves as off-duty... probably a good thing... imagine what an officer who was drunk in charge of a warrant card could do you for!
Old 20 December 2000, 09:42 PM
sunilp
Scooby Regular

Angry

[RE PC PLOD DELETED POST]

You are obviously

1) a MUPPET

2) a ****

3) Insecure as you have created an ID which is brand new and doesnt reveal your true identity

Get a life or get with the program and put your details up here so we can report your stupid ****

Bring your 328i along and we'll take care of that too

Sunil

[This message has been edited by sunilp (edited 20 December 2000).]
Old 20 December 2000, 09:48 PM
Stuart H
Scooby Regular

Angry

I should just explain that Sunil is referring to a post from someone calling himself 'PC PLOD'. I have deleted the post.

Sunil, I agree with 1, 2 & 3. Point 2 would appear to be particularly accurate

Trending Topics

Old 20 December 2000, 09:56 PM
Gerg2
Scooby Regular

I was lucky enough to have seen the two deleted dumb arsed posts. Stuart (no critisism)...personally I dont think they should be deleted coz they were a real laugh....but thats not my authority it yours.
Old 20 December 2000, 10:40 PM
jjones
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i was going to give him a slating for un-necessary use of fogs but it looks like i have been beaten to it.

tosser.
Old 20 December 2000, 10:47 PM
sunilp
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Thanks Stuart, shame you had to remove it though

Sunil
Old 21 December 2000, 03:15 PM
AWD
Scooby Regular

What did this PLOD idiot say before it was deleted?
Old 21 December 2000, 08:35 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

"Harmless weed" - GET REAL!!

Dave, perhaps you wish to quantify this statement. Has someone you know had a large block of cannabis resin fall on their head perhaps?

As someone who works in the medical profession, and has seen the relief that 'only' cannabis can bring to many serious illnesses such as MS, glaucoma and the effects of chemotherapy, it never ceases to amaze me that the ignorance of people such as yourself has probably blocked its medicinal use, and prolonged the pain and suffering of thousands.

I understand fully the very few negative effects of cannabis, and I would never advocate either driving or using machinery while intoxicated, as with alcohol. Neither would I advocate its use where certain mental health problems may be triggered or made worse.

The Police have enough to do though without criminalising otherwise innocent people for using it in the comfort of their own home (or pub).

Perhaps you should join the nurses and doctors in A & E on a fri/sat night, you would certainly wish that it was cannabis users you were attending and not the monsters which roam our streets completely out of their minds on alcohol.

Keep the hysteria where its needed, for drugs like alcohol, heroin and crack cocaine.

Jye (totally against the misery and suffering caused by all 'hard' drugs, especially alcohol and tobacco)
Old 21 December 2000, 08:58 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Unhappy

JYE

Get off your high horse.

If you bothered to quantify your statement in the first place then I might have replied differently. As you didn't make it clear about what you consider the effective use of cannabis, what do you expect.

Whether you like it or not, it is still an illegal drug.

Since my mother died an alcoholic in a mental hospital when I was 18 and I spent more years of my life than I care to remember coming home from school finding her unconscious from the effects of alcohol/prescribed drugs and many other things I will not bore this BBS with I hardly need a lecture from you about the effects of drink, drugs or mental health problems.

So, you don't need to call me ignorant or hysterical when you don't know my facts, and if you make yourself clear first next time you post a statement like that then you won't get the response you got.

And yes, this is a serious post and all the above is true.
Old 21 December 2000, 11:42 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

Dave, I was asking you to explain your rather terse initial comment of "Harmless
weed" - GET REAL!!. You have not told me yet why you think cannabis in particular is harmful though.

As for quantifying my initial statement, at that stage I had no need to. This is a
discussion group, not necessarily a platform for me to go into great depth in my initial
posts. That is why I asked you to further quantify your comment and ''chose' to bring my personal experiences to the board, as you have done. At no stage did I ever think I was on my 'high horse'.

Many alcoholics I know are only alive today because they substituted alcohol for cannabis, and for this reason alone I view it as being a help to at least these ndividuals. Due to my position I cannot yet advocate it professionally, but in general conversation I can and normally will do so if I feel that it may be beneficial.

And yes, many areas of life were once
illegal, women voting and homosexuality
being only two examples. This did not make them any more just or right when they were illegal, and cannabis 'will' be legalised for medicinal use at least. Recreationally, I would still prefer to be in the company of someone who is smoking cannabis, than someone who is intoxicated through the effects of alcohol.

After hearing how both your life and your mothers life were blighted by the effects of
alcohol and prescription drugs I am genuinely sorry that I ever broached this subject with you. I cannot perceive the life experiences of everyone before I give my own views
though. We all wish we 'kept our mouth shut' sometimes, and this is one of them for me.

I know many people though who's lives have also been ruined due to the fact that they were criminalised by the courts at an early age for having taken cannabis. This then meant no chance of a meaningful career and hence a life of crime and harder drugs. I stated 'good on the police for being sensible regarding the harmless weed', because of this fact. Im sure we can all see that cannabis use is no longer a priority for police when children start on heroin now, missing out completely the supposed gateway drug.

The 'lecture' was meant to reflect and reinforce the fact that cannabis is much less
harmful than alcohol and the myriad of other more life threatening drugs.

I hope you understand that although we were at odds initially we still share the same
views on at least the danger of alcohol. I certainly don't want take this thread any
further unless you feel it to be in any way constructive.

I genuinely regret that my comments in any way have brought back painful memories for you, and can fully understand your obvious anger and deep loss.

Jye