Sponsored by:

Legacy gtb sti oil leak

Search this Thread

Old 30 November 2007, 06:45 PM
legacygtbstiROB
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Legacy gtb sti oil leak

Discussion thread for Legacy gtb sti oil leak. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.
Old 30 November 2007, 10:36 PM
Aquanaut
Scooby Regular

Recently took a mechanic mate to look at 99 Legacy GTB. He did talk about oil leaks to look out for. Said to look at the grooved belt at the front of the engine, the pulley at the bottom was prone to the seal wearing the shaft and causing a leak. The car we looked at was good so didn't think to ask any more at the time.

Don't know if this is helpful - get her fixed as they are when the second turbo kicks in.
Old 02 December 2007, 09:07 AM
legacygtbstiROB
Scooby Newbie

Default oil leak

hi there thanks for your comment but after spending all day saturday takeing the car apart i finlay found the problem it was the small O ring in the oil pump had just split so the it was ok when driving normally but when i put me foot down the oil pressure would be to great for the O ring to hangdle so out she poored!!!. once fitted back all together had to test the car and so far so good. no oil leeks. just need to sort out a new knock sensor now, she hesitates and the only fault code im getting is 22 , so need to found where to get one of those now....my subaru main dealers gona think xmas is come ealry when i walk in . there about £100 plus...

anyone no where to get them cheaper????
thanks

Last edited by legacygtbstiROB; 06 December 2007 at 08:53 PM.