Sponsored by:

JDPower survey

Search this Thread

Old 20 December 2000, 09:51 PM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

Recently recieved a JDPower owners satisfaction survey form by way of the DVLA for S&T reg. cars. Although most of my responses were quite favourable, my Scoob has not been totally trouble - free and I wonder who else out there has recieved the form and how they scored their car? With all the talk about the 97/98MY piston probs. etc. I wonder how Subaru will fair when the results for the S & T models are published?
I have to be honest and state that I dont tend to hold much credence to the results of these surveys. I used to think the reason Skodas did so well was because the people who bought them needed to justify their choice! (mind you, the latest ones are really rather good!)
JohnD
Old 20 December 2000, 10:02 PM
logiclee
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

John,

Bought my wife a Skoda Felicia (VW Polo based), its now 3 years old, has never failed, has no rattles or squeaks and returns 60mpg (1.9 diesel). Loads better than a Corsa to drive.
Had only one warranty claim for a fractured exhaust bracket and the dealer replaced the entire system.

Only downside/upside is they are no longer a cheap car just a cheaper VW.

Just got to get them to produce a 300bhp Octavia WRC replica with ALS for the road, so we can have a Skoda each.

Lee
Old 20 December 2000, 10:40 PM
simes
Scooby Regular

I read in Topgear this month that next year's JD Power will now be done via 100000 randomly distributed questionaires sent out by the DVLA, like they do in the states, hence your questionaire.

I have always criticised the survey in this country for being skewed by being voluntary, so only people who are delighted or really pi55ed off with their cars will bother to reply.

It will be interesting to see if this change has any impact on the results.

Cheers

Simon

[This message has been edited by simes (edited 20 December 2000).]

[This message has been edited by simes (edited 20 December 2000).]
Old 21 December 2000, 07:53 AM
Erik
Scooby Regular

Hi,

I don`t know about road WRC version from Octavia but one Czech company called Eurosport have produced special version Skoda Octavia 2.1 turbo with 250Hp (188kW/ 5560rpm, 344nM/4730rpm) and 270km/h top speed with FWD! 0-100km/h - 5s!Car is fully changed, gearb., engine is drilled fom 1.8L to 2.1L by Motor design co. Exhaust from Audi TT, front mask is real WRC!
Price is apx. 4100.-GBP for susp. and engine mods, 1200.-GBP for gearbox, 2300.-GBP for front mask and other mods.