Sponsored by:

Rally

Search this Thread

Old 20 November 2007, 03:15 PM
DanUK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rally

Just got back from a great event. Many Many Scoobs over in Ireland as you would expect.
Really upset this event is not on next years calendar. Superb!

Old 20 November 2007, 05:06 PM
PaulC555
Scooby Regular

good pics mate..
was there marshalling...had a great time...
was good to be back home for a while.....
Old 20 November 2007, 07:17 PM
postie90
Scooby Regular

greta looking photo`s mate cheers...
Old 20 November 2007, 08:12 PM
Steve_PPP
Scooby Regular

great pics

what happened to the one thats been rear ended? did he spin and fly into a wall backwards or something?
Old 21 November 2007, 09:42 AM
DanUK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Steve_PPP
great pics

what happened to the one thats been rear ended? did he spin and fly into a wall backwards or something?
Didn't hear and no mention on the coverage as he was quite far down the field. They did get it sorted with gaffer tape and lump hammer but it didn't make it to the end!
I would imagine so, easily done!
Old 21 November 2007, 10:19 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DanUK
Really upset this event is not on next years calendar. Superb!
What makes you say that?

I thought that the FIA were deciding on the rounds for a fixed number of years to come?

I'd have thought that since locally the event was a sucess from an organisational point of view and a dramatic rally point of view that its highly likely to be selected by the FIA.

Shaun
Old 21 November 2007, 10:35 AM
DevilHimSelf
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by urban
What makes you say that?

I thought that the FIA were deciding on the rounds for a fixed number of years to come?

I'd have thought that since locally the event was a sucess from an organisational point of view and a dramatic rally point of view that its highly likely to be selected by the FIA.

Shaun
Its Max Mosley who makes what countries have a roundin the WRC, and he has said that Rally Ireland may be included in 2009 round of the WRC. Tbh the rally was great but the commentry provided by RTE the state broadcaster may have fecked it up for us.

End result is Politics.

Hopefully 2009 will include Rally Ireland.
Old 21 November 2007, 12:02 PM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

A lot of fans got royally shafted by a local bus company providing Park & Ride service to several of the stages too - 20 Euros for a ride to the stage, only to be left queueing at both ends for hours (if, indeed, they got a ride at all), not issued with tickets, then dumped with a mile still to walk to the stage. There's disussion of both the P&R debacle as well as the pathetic RTE coverage at Rally Ireland 2007 Media Coverage - Rally Ireland Forum

Fortunately I went with a great group of friends so we really managed to keep each others' spirits up - but realistically most of the time I was cold, wet and, for various reasons, didn't get to see much. By all accounts I'll be better off going to Corsica next year instead.
Old 21 November 2007, 12:32 PM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was a good rally to watch in my opinion. The roads were very slippery and made for some exciting rallying.
Old 21 November 2007, 02:32 PM
brocks
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by AndyC_772
A lot of fans got royally shafted by a local bus company providing Park & Ride service to several of the stages too - 20 Euros for a ride to the stage, only to be left queueing at both ends for hours (if, indeed, they got a ride at all), not issued with tickets, then dumped with a mile still to walk to the stage. There's disussion of both the P&R debacle as well as the pathetic RTE coverage at Rally Ireland 2007 Media Coverage - Rally Ireland Forum

Fortunately I went with a great group of friends so we really managed to keep each others' spirits up - but realistically most of the time I was cold, wet and, for various reasons, didn't get to see much. By all accounts I'll be better off going to Corsica next year instead.
This mirrors my sentiments exactly.....the bus company owner was lucky not to get lynched......and as for complaining to the Gards, they couldnt care less.....would love to see the WRC back as it is a superb spectacle, and lessons will hopefully have been learned from this year.....

Tis nice to say I was at the first evr WRC Ireland event all the same LOL