Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Powerstation Street Legal Package on Classic?

Search this Thread

Old 18 November 2007, 05:55 PM
jcborden
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Powerstation Street Legal Package on Classic?

Hi All,

Have got a my00 classic UK turbo, completely standard at the moment (58K on the clock) and have been contemplating getting a performance upgragde, but want to keep it legal exhaust wise (i.e. no decat and as quiet as possible). I kind of like my nice quiet journeys at the moment so don't wany any boom from the exhaust.

Anyway, would the Powerstation Street Legal package for the classic be a good way forward. Ecutek remap, plus Milltek exhaust and sports cat. What real performance difference could I expect plus how does the Milltek sound?

Also what are peoples experience insurance wise - I know it will depend on your company, but just after some opinions. Currently with Norwich Union and pay about £380 fully comp for me and the wife.

Thanks in advance.

James
Old 18 November 2007, 09:03 PM
TomCat
Scooby Regular

I think I'd sort the handling first - I got Eibachs, KYB AGX dampers and Whiteline adjustable ARB & drop links off various group buys and then had them fitted by Powerstation.

I was with NUD at the time and the only bit they classed as a mod was the Eibach lowering springs and it loaded the premium on my UK MY99 by 10%

Now I'm thinking like you of upping the power. I think there are cheaper and quiter ways of doing it but maybe give powerstation a call. Fuzz from Powerstation posts here a lot and seems a really good bloke - he did my suspension.

What I've gone for is Magnex as it's supposed to be quiet and I've picked up a cat back Magnex system off ebay cheap. Not sure whether to stay legal & pay £300 for a Ninja cat or £150 for Ninja decat. Then when its fitted I'll be off to powerstation for a remap (cheap for me as car had previously been tek2'd).

I don't know what NUD make of power mods - I'm with A-Plan now and they don't seem to mind
Old 18 November 2007, 09:48 PM
richie001
Scooby Regular

Had i miltek exhaust on my old my98 fitted by Powerstation and i thought it was a really good quiet when needed noisey when you open it up and sounds really nice. Power i think with the exhaust,re-map will be 270 ish.Having the same package fitted too my my05 sti early next year.
Old 18 November 2007, 10:04 PM
stringostar
Scooby Regular

hey. i have a full magnex on mine, with de-cat pipe. its got quite a nice rumble to it, but nothing too loud, and is very manageable on long journeys