Sponsored by:

M3 woes

Search this Thread

Old 09 November 2007, 10:18 PM
danfranklin1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default M3 woes

Does anyone else have the misfortune of having to drive Southbound M3 from London every day past the M25 turnoff, where the roadworks seem to have permenantly stalled? - 9 months-odd, and seemingly no progress.

I work shifts, and even at the dead of night have seen absolutely no evidence of work going on. The road's coned down to one lane just before the M25 turn off, with 'average speed' cameras (by the way, they don't work - I took to ignoring them about seven months ago and haven't had a fine).

Anyway, I've had pretty much enough of it - driving back this evening after a very trying day at work, starving hungry and needing a **** to boot - to be faced with an extra half hour of queueing traffic. And on Thursday evening there was a pile up there, which turned the 40-minute drive into almost two hours.

Why aren't the highways agency answerable to the general motoring public - can't we shoot whoever's responsible, or at least put them in a burning wicker man?

Rant over - Dan.
Old 09 November 2007, 11:10 PM
anthscooby01
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This seems to be happening everywhere and is just another example of totally incompetent government not giving a toss about keeping the country mobile. Its took almost two years to build a roundabout near here and still not finished. Temp traffic lights still bogging us down and site looks like WW11 bomb gone off!