Sponsored by:

Calling all members need help

Search this Thread

Old 04 November 2007, 09:41 AM
slipstream_uk
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Calling all members need help

Need help here fellow members, do I name & shame a member.

I posted looking for an uprated rear antiroll bar, I was pm'd from a member how he had one for sale and also he had a h-brace for sale aswell. So I bought both parts from him. Paid through paypal & cleared on the 27th October.
He made it clear he was removing the parts from his car on the 27th or 28th October and post them to me on the 29th October.

I did not received my parts, so I sent him a pm on the 1st November. Asking if the parts had been sent yet. I got no response from him, though he has been active in the forums.

I sent another 2 emails on the 3rd November to his aol account, still no answer from him. Sent another pm to him on the 3rd November, again still no answer. I know he must be getting his pm's as he is active on the forums, selling more parts.

How long should I wait for a part to be delivered, I find it very disappointing a fellow member could do this to another member. Just leave me hanging and maybe out of pocket.

What you do, if you where in my shoes.

Cheers Slippy.
Old 04 November 2007, 09:59 AM
bushiwarrior
Scooby Regular

normal practice using ebay policy as a guide with paypal its 15 days before you can open a dispute so i would use that as a guide mate. Saying that i would still torture him and harass a confirmed date.
Old 04 November 2007, 11:31 AM
typerchris
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would hate to be ripped off and to find out someone had been previously and i wasnt made aware. What i suggest you do personnaly is find the posts he has up selling items just post asking where your items are as you have had no corrospondance in a polite fashion. I'm sure this will get his attention. I could understand if he had made no other posts as he may have had pc/family problems and not had time to access, but as he is selling other items it seems fishy and people should be aware as its not nice to con people

Good luck
Old 04 November 2007, 11:42 AM
richie001
Scooby Regular

Give him chance to reply then if you have no luck name and shame him on here and on any other forums he uses.
Old 04 November 2007, 12:45 PM
slipstream_uk
Scooby Regular

Ok cheers for the replies. Now im getting very concerned for other members. The member in question has many postings up for selling parts and also breaking a scooby.
But again completely ignoring my pm's & emails for info about my parts. Also this member has been posting on this forum today, so he must of got the pm's.

I feel, ive gave this member the benefit of doubt. I will post his user name and real name before I go to work tonight, if I dont get a reply later this afternoon.

Last edited by slipstream_uk; 04 November 2007 at 12:48 PM. Reason: .
Old 04 November 2007, 12:51 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Location: Newcastle. 330bhp-289lb/ft @ 1bar boost - 12.4s @ 105mph
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Username something related to Rabies
Old 04 November 2007, 02:03 PM
speye91
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mickywrx
Username something related to Rabies
Woof Woof.
Old 04 November 2007, 02:34 PM
HowieG
Scooby Regular

Just name him. Don't mess about. He's got your money.
Old 04 November 2007, 02:49 PM
rigga
Scooby Regular

Having been ripped off twice in the past on here,admitadly for only small ammounts i share your concerns,i would after the attempts you have made to contact him,and the fact he is still posting and selling parts to others ,who also potentially be ripped off..... name him.
Old 04 November 2007, 03:11 PM
slipstream_uk
Scooby Regular

After again sending a pm & email to his aol account with a link to his forum page. Still no response.
The member in question is MadDogWRX / Paul Mechen

I maybe stand to loose £100 here.

Last edited by slipstream_uk; 04 November 2007 at 03:16 PM. Reason: .
Old 04 November 2007, 07:41 PM
gojonnyjo
Scooby Regular

Red face Paypal

you will not loose your money if you used paypal, you will be able to claim your money via paypal, if the 15 days are up. claim through paypal and sod the bugger, at least you had sense to use paypal, just think if you had just sent him cash or a cheque.
Old 04 November 2007, 08:14 PM
Mystik Journeyman
Scooby Regular

I don't think there's a minimum time you have to wait; that's just for items from eBay. You do have to file a dispute within 45 days of payment though.

Their 'dispute' process is there to get both parties to communicate so, since he's not communicating, immediately ecalate it to a claim.
Old 04 November 2007, 10:09 PM
rigga
Scooby Regular

I missed out on logging a dispute on paypal,seller kept fobbing me off on a cat pipe i purchased,ended up when i realised i was getting nothing it was out of time,ebay and paypal didnt want to know...... dont wait too long.
Old 04 November 2007, 10:29 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gojonnyjo
you will not loose your money if you used paypal, you will be able to claim your money via paypal, if the 15 days are up. claim through paypal and sod the bugger, at least you had sense to use paypal, just think if you had just sent him cash or a cheque.
thats all fine and dandy but if the person you are claiming the money off has removed all the funds your up **** creek without a paddle! the same happened to me on here, fishuk "sold" me a reversing camera for my dad for £135, 4 weeks passed so claimed, got a whole £5 back.

just take a trip to leicester and knock on his door, I guarentee that will work
Old 04 November 2007, 10:37 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

I'm still waiting for a set of 4 door handles, not off the user named above.

Said I wasn't in a real hurry for them but has been nearly a year now.

It's only £20 but its the principle.
Old 04 November 2007, 10:39 PM
harvey
Former Sponsor

I suggest you make the guy's name public. This Forum can only function if we share information with each other.

typerchris : I got your PM acknowledging you owe me money and I note your post above.
Please get the money to me tomorrow (Monday).
Old 04 November 2007, 10:45 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Sad and disappointing but a reflection of the morals of some on here. On the other side of the coin AXGT Bwaii sent me the goods first and then expected payment, so it's not all bad.
Old 04 November 2007, 10:52 PM
bighead
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

when a "seller" did not sent the item that I had paid for on here .........I just started a thread naming him .... got my item in 2 days after I'd posted
Old 05 November 2007, 12:11 AM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

In fact, it's 5 days off being a year since I paid a member who has posted above for a set of handles.

Last edited by mickywrx; 05 November 2007 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Got paypal dates mixed up.
Old 05 November 2007, 02:23 AM
Mystik Journeyman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by shaggy1973
thats all fine and dandy but if the person you are claiming the money off has removed all the funds your up **** creek without a paddle!
I've never heard of this happening before and there's nothing to indicate it on their website. Maybe it was because the sale didn't fall under their 'payment protection' scheme.

Anyway, I find the best way to do things when paying via PayPal is to have the transaction funded through a credit card. This means that, if PayPal stitch you up too, your credit card company will end up footing the bill, not you.
Old 05 November 2007, 04:24 PM
Varboy
Scooby Regular

I think we should have a seller rating on this board as they do on NASIOC, not a full blown ebay feedback system, just a chance to rate the seller.

That way, if someone is scammed, they can post as such and it will act as a warning to other potential buyers.
Old 07 November 2007, 12:03 AM
harvey
Former Sponsor

mickywrx : Let me guess. Is it Chris Algie, AKA typerchris?
He has owed me £32.50 for about a year. He moved address but I am just about to verify I now know where he lives. When I have the address do you want it?
On Sunday, while collecting a set of wheels from someone on here, I had a phone call from another member. The chap with the wheels overheard the conversation and put two and two together. He then told me that Algie had stuffed him for £11 but that he had also taken money from his mate for a spoiler that was never delivered so be very much aware, EVERYONE.
Varboy : Excellent idea. Why not suggest this to Webmaster or one of the mods running the For Sale sections.

If you run your Paypal account in credit then you have no credit card protection and have to rely on Paypal which at best is a pain in the butt and takes a long time.
If you use your credit card to settle the Paypal then your credit card company will refund you and take the matter up with Paypal.
Old 07 November 2007, 12:31 AM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Originally Posted by harvey
mickywrx : Let me guess. Is it Chris Algie, AKA typerchris?
He has owed me £32.50 for about a year. He moved address but I am just about to verify I now know where he lives. When I have the address do you want it?
On Sunday, while collecting a set of wheels from someone on here, I had a phone call from another member. The chap with the wheels overheard the conversation and put two and two together. He then told me that Algie had stuffed him for £11 but that he had also taken money from his mate for a spoiler that was never delivered so be very much aware, EVERYONE.
Varboy : Excellent idea. Why not suggest this to Webmaster or one of the mods running the For Sale sections.

If you run your Paypal account in credit then you have no credit card protection and have to rely on Paypal which at best is a pain in the butt and takes a long time.
If you use your credit card to settle the Paypal then your credit card company will refund you and take the matter up with Paypal.
Unfortunately for me not, Harvey.
Old 07 November 2007, 01:00 AM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Micky : If you don't get a satisfactory response, and after a year I don't see that you can get such a response other than a complete refund and an apology, then I think you should name and shame. If it is a genuine oversight then fair enough but if not then to benefit everybody else you should make the information public after giving the person concerned adequate warning just like Algie was.
Old 07 November 2007, 01:11 AM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Hi Harvey,

I said at the time that I wasn't in a massive hurry for the door handles, I'm sure you'll apprecate how things can slip peoples minds, well I forgot about them for a few month, got in touch....., forgot about them again...., forgetfull bugger that I am.

For anyone interested, the user I refer to posted directly before my second post on this thread.
Old 07 November 2007, 01:29 AM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

Christ, there are almost as many debtors as debtees in this thread
Old 07 November 2007, 09:08 AM
harvey
Former Sponsor

LOL. ROTF.
Unfortunately this sort of conduct is not a laughing matter.
Old 07 November 2007, 01:03 PM
slipstream_uk
Scooby Regular

*** UPDATE ***

Il like to report my story has ended with a happy ending. I got a reply from MADDOGWRX. In his reply he explained how he had problems with the delivery company and promised the parts will be sent, also he will refund my p & p.

Well today at 12.30pm, both parts arrived.

*Sidenote*
To people who sell parts, please keep your buyers up to date with any problems and confirm when the parts have been sent out. This will stop any confusion that will arise. Il put my problem down to lack of communication.

Cheers Phil
Old 07 November 2007, 01:08 PM
Deano_P1
Scooby Regular

Glad everything turned out ok
Old 07 November 2007, 01:36 PM
bob r
Scooby Regular

And everyone lived happily ever after

He shouldn't have ignored your emails and pm's though.
Did he send the parts after you posted on hear I wonder?

Quick Reply: Calling all members need help