Sponsored by:

Trade in value of WRX Wagon

Search this Thread

Old 31 October 2007, 02:46 PM
gubby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trade in value of WRX Wagon

Was looking at trading my Impreza WRX Sportwagon on a 55 plate, just two years old with 30K miles.

Was offered £10,750 as a trade in.

Is this par for the course, as i was expecting a little more.
Old 31 October 2007, 03:25 PM
IN THE STICKS
Scooby Regular

Location: I'm still around in deepest Essex, now with a Fiesta ST-2

Doesn't sound too bad , I just sold my 03 wrx wagon with 45k on the clock privately for £8k as the best I got offered part ex was £7k , i know my car was older and higher miles but I replaced it with a 2005 STI with PPP for £15,250 , which makes your part ex bid on your wagon seem reasonable I guess ,considdering they will always try to rip you off a little too

Dave
Old 31 October 2007, 03:36 PM
StiX
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

According to WiseBuyer's Guides - used car prices, valuation, review, specs, guides, used car market report your car is worth £9495 as a trade-in.

Although they seem to undervalue some cars, so its probably about right.
Old 31 October 2007, 07:46 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

£10,750 is an outstanding price to be offered ... of course, it all depends against which car and at what price you were trading it in against!!

I would allow you £11,000 against my Classic Wagon, my car is priced at £12,000 ...... the 'price to change' is the thing to bear in mind!
Old 01 November 2007, 11:00 AM
gubby
Scooby Regular

It was against a GB270 Sportwagon.

He wanted full list for the car. So basically he wanted my car plus £12,250.

Thanks for the tempting offer but I want to upgrade not downgrade.
Old 01 November 2007, 12:19 PM
writeofreply
BANNED

I reckon the offer is hard but about right, I'd expect something off list though. Try and work on the price to change rather than getting too bothered about trade in values.
Old 01 November 2007, 12:25 PM
IN THE STICKS
Scooby Regular

Location: I'm still around in deepest Essex, now with a Fiesta ST-2

Originally Posted by gubby
Thanks for the tempting offer but I want to upgrade not downgrade.
Old 01 November 2007, 01:00 PM
Microstar
Scooby Regular

Sounds a healthy price to me. New UK-spec import cars available at well below UK list price have seriously depressed prices of newish trade-ins.
Old 02 November 2007, 11:44 PM
gubby
Scooby Regular

Parkers reckon £11,970 but What Car say £10,665.

So it looks like he wasn't too far off.

But then he was offering no discount on the GB270, so rather than stump up over £12K on top of mine. I think I shall stick with what I've got.

Or maybe move into a Forester next year, as I sure as hell don't want a new Impreza!!!
Old 02 November 2007, 11:48 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Foresters lose even more money than an Impreza!! Much less desirable on the market.

There won't be any discounts on the GB270's as they can sell all of them at List Price ........
Old 03 November 2007, 12:09 AM
gubby
Scooby Regular

You are way off the mark there m8.

Foresters are being offered at over £4K off by dealers at the moment so maybe the time is right for me to go for one. Maybe with PPP.

Also, brokers like Drivethedeal are offering a £2,300 discount on the GB270 and Broadspeed offering them at over £1,000 discount.

But I can do without the hassle of selling mine privately.
Old 03 November 2007, 12:26 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gubby
You are way off the mark there m8.

Foresters are being offered at over £4K off by dealers at the moment so maybe the time is right for me to go for one. Maybe with PPP.

Also, brokers like Drivethedeal are offering a £2,300 discount on the GB270 and Broadspeed offering them at over £1,000 discount.

But I can do without the hassle of selling mine privately.
Foresters are being offered at £4,000 OFF because they are not popular - imagine the residual hit you will take on one of those, great cars though they are.

Interesting on the GB270 Discounts - I'm shocked at that .........
Old 03 November 2007, 09:04 AM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Taken from the Glass guide

Subaru Impreza WRX
2.0 Petrol 5-door Hatchback
5 Speed Manual Four Wheel Drive
Year: 2005 55
Mileage: 30,000

Estimated value of your car

Part-exchange Price:
Excellent condition:
£10000
Average condition:
£8980
Below average condition:
£7990

Previous Save

All valuations given are based on a single transaction with a bona fide motor dealer involving the sale of the consumer's car in part exchange for the purchase of a different car from the same dealer.
Values are not cash values, replacement prices, private sales values or insurance settlements and therefore must not be used for any other valuation purposes whatsoever.

Vehicle prices are affected by many different factors such as regional variations, sales promotions, as well as a dealer's perceived view of the condition of a vehicle. The amount quoted should not be relied upon solely, and should be treated as a guide only.

Glass's has exercised all reasonable care and skill in providing you with your valuation, using information obtained in good faith from sources unconnected to Glass's. Glass's does not accept responsibility for errors, omissions, liability or loss suffered as a result of the use of the valuation by any user or any other party. In the event that this exclusion is found to be unlawful, Glass's maximum liability shall not exceed £5000.

Excellent Condition: Ready for retail sale; mechanically perfect, paintwork unblemished for a vehicle under two years old, but may have slight stone damage on a vehicle over two years old or with high mileage. Interior should be immaculate. A full service history must be provided. All equipment fitted should be fully operational. Tyres should be new or nearly new, wheels and trims clean and undamaged. If appropriate, the MOT Certificate must be for a minimum of nine months.

Average Condition: Some wear and tear to mechanical parts may be expected. Some minor repair might be required to the paintwork, although there should be no serious damage requiring replacement bodywork. The car will be of generally tidy appearance inside and out but some expenditure may be required for retail sale. A full service history should be provided. All equipment fitted should be fully operational. Tyres should not be more than half worn. Wheels and trims should be in good condition. If appropriate, the MOT Certificate must be for a minimum of six months.

Below Average Condition: Requires mechanical repair or some repair to bodywork. The interior may be worn and seats may have marks. Some corrosion, damage or poorly repaired paintwork may need attention. The car may not have a full service history and would not be offered for retail sale without significant expenditure. Major items of equipment such as radios should be operational. Tyres should be legal with an even tread depth across the tyre. Wheels and trims may show evidence of some scuff marks. If appropriate, the MOT Certificate must be for a minimum of three months.
Old 04 November 2007, 04:21 PM
gubby
Scooby Regular

Thanks for that m8.

I shall reduce my expectations next time I look to change.

I shall keep it for at least another year now though as I have just replaced all four tyres (£360), had the 30,000 service carried out (£425) and another years tax(£205).

Still I doubt it would be the new Impreza next time. The Forester looks good though.

Anybody any experience of the Sportshift auto box?