Sponsored by:

Had first Taste of Scooby Love

Search this Thread

Old 24 October 2007, 06:36 PM
KINGTIGER
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Had first Taste of Scooby Love

Well I went to Bradford again today to look at a couple of Subaru's JAP Performance and MIRMOTORS I found them real helpfull and both willing to give me advice.

Also had a test drive aswell, shockingly fast loved it. I know from then I want a Impreza. I drove it back and basically chatted for a while.

I really like the car I was in a STI V4.

Just a couple of things.

A 10 year old car with 75000 miles on is that ok for a Impreza vehicle had Service history. This vehicle has also cambelt changed.

Looked at a 94 WRX this had 57000.

Would I be better of getting a STI.

Cheers for your help

Last edited by KINGTIGER; 24 October 2007 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake
Old 24 October 2007, 09:09 PM
Stephen Pope
Scooby Regular

i would save a bit more and get a newer one - imports are not undersealed and so will rust faster. insurance cheaper on uk car,

great cars though - get one asap and join the club!!!
Old 25 October 2007, 08:46 AM
GeeDee
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Stephen Pope
i would save a bit more and get a newer one - imports are not undersealed and so will rust faster. insurance cheaper on uk car,

great cars though - get one asap and join the club!!!
EDIT - Imported second hand cars may not be undersealed. If imported from new then importer will probably have had it undersealed along with other "UK" updates.

Insurance may only be cheaper on a UK car because it has substantially less power. It's like saying insurance on a Hawkeye WRX is less than an STi - of course it is, it has 25% more power and is a higher spec! No-one has proved to me that an imported classic running at 276bhp is more expensive than a UK car with loads of mods to bring it near to 276bhp.

Last edited by GeeDee; 25 October 2007 at 08:50 AM.
Old 25 October 2007, 08:56 AM
Marx Mcrae
Scooby Regular

I had an STi 4 a few years back and it was imported to tis country when it was brand new. It didnt have a spec of rust on it anywhere.
Just depends how well there looked after.
If its an STi that your after then there are plenty of sheds about so choose very carefully, if you know someone that knows abit about them, then definatly ask them to have a look.
If I were choosing between a WRX and a STi then I personally would choose the STi for several reasons.
From the STi3 onwards they came with 4 pot brakes, wheres as the WRX still had 2 pots.
STi's have 276 bhp standard, WRX have between 240bhp ( red interior ) or 260bhp ( grey interior )
STi's have a stronger engine, so long as it has been remapped to cope with UK fuel.
Old 25 October 2007, 02:35 PM
KINGTIGER
Scooby Regular

Undersealing will not be a problem I will just pay to get it done, but saying that my mate was going on about doing his Rangey a while back.
When I saw the STI V4 at MIRMOTORS I rang my insurance people up and they quated me fully comp 600 quid but wouldn't touch me on a Type R version!

I've took in all your advice and appreciate it. First place I went to dealer didn't seemed bothered just said STI's are really popular and alot of his other cars had real low mileage.
But the other two places I went to yesterday JAP Performance and MIRMOTORS was so much better both of them took and interested and helped me out.