Sponsored by:

IDLE / MAF / O2 SENSOR

Search this Thread

Old 25 October 2007, 03:10 PM
DAZZY J
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IDLE / MAF / O2 SENSOR

I posted this on the Wales forum recently, but I thought it worth while sticking it on General forum, as I know lots of people have had the same problem. Hope it helps.

I've had a constant problem with idle on MY99 RA, especially when warm. It has even cut out once or twice when the revs dropped, especially in traffic jams. This has happened before and and after rebuilding engine. Spent hours trawling Scoobynet and the web to try and sort it out.
New oxygen sensor, new MAF sensor, changed idle control valve, nothing seemed to sort it.
Recently when I had it remapped, Andy F noticed that it was eratic, especially when fans kicked in. He suggested earthing a few areas on the engine. So I bought a £15 Earthing kit off Ebay. Fitted it straight away.
She is now ticking over sweet as a nut, fans have no effect on tickover, I just can't believe it. I noticed that there are lots of Scooby owners with this problem. SO my advise to them is before you spend hundreds on
MAFS, O2 sensors idle control valves. Buy an earthing kit first and try it.THANK YOU ANDY