Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of getting a new Subaru 2.0 R...

Search this Thread

Old 12 October 2007, 11:57 AM
barnettgs
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking of getting a new Subaru 2.0 R...

Hi, I'm new here so go easy with me! Didn't realise I was already registered to this forum ages ago, can't remember how or why I did it!

Anyway, I am considering getting a brand new Subaru Impreza, hopefully after new year. I am looking at 2.0 R version but read somewhere that there will be other 3 new models coming out in the new year, any idea what they will be?

I currently have Ford Mondeo MK3 diesel and while it is great car, I just got sick of driving boring old diesel! I fancy going back to petrol as it feels great to drive and no front-nose heavy as with any diesel cars! I live in farming/rural area in N Ireland so I thought Impreza would be a great car to drive in these terrible roads in Irish weather! I'm doing around 17k a year and I know fuel eco isn't great with Impreza as compared to my Ford Mondeo but hey, I'm willing to pay for the driving experience!

Is there anyone in this forum who has just bought a new Impreza hatchback? Any advice or feedback much appreciated!
Old 12 October 2007, 02:30 PM
Microstar
Scooby Regular

There are some websites with roadtests of the new hatchback, but I suspect real live owners are thin on the ground because the car is so new.

I guess you are the kind of owner that Subaru are after with the new hatchback. Reading the road tests it seems to be a competent car, but nothing out of the ordinary (i.e. bears comparison with Mazda 3, Focus etc etc). It looks pretty good value in comparison with these cars and of course Subarus have traditionally been tough and reliable cars and always come high in satisfaction ratings - so it should be trouble free. The engine and drivetrain is certainly well-proven.

Probably the best thing is to have a road test and see for yourself?
Old 12 October 2007, 02:48 PM
barnettgs
Scooby Newbie

Yeah, I have read some reviews...all of them seemed to hold different opinions. Ok, I will try to get a road test to get the feel of car. I have been driving on cars with front wheel drive for years so I'm well aware of its limitation on my local roads and many backroad, which is why I decided to take a look at new Impreza. Thanks anyway