Sponsored by:

Whats it worth?

Search this Thread

Old 09 October 2007, 01:13 AM
RJL_WRX05
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats it worth?

Due to a new job etc the time has come to shift my 05 WRX PPP. I have owned it for 2 yrs and It it really has been a fantastic car for me. In the 2yrs it has had no faults whatsoever except for the rear shockers which have just been replaced under warranty. It also has 4 new alloys replaced under warranty cos they started to rust slightly on one wheel.

Its immaculate with 20k on the clock, met silver, tracker/sat nav, FSSH, new tyres, just serviced. Only ever run on Optimax, never seen a track, UK car.

I would sooner just keep it than accept less than £11,500. Do you reckon this is a fair estimate?

Also, where do you reckon the best places are to advertise the car.

Cheers

Last edited by RJL_WRX05; 09 October 2007 at 01:14 AM. Reason: update
Old 09 October 2007, 11:03 AM
wrx287
Scooby Regular

I'd say that was a pretty fair price,as for advertising try putting it on PistonHeads.com :: Speed Matters and auto trader.
Old 09 October 2007, 07:25 PM
RJL_WRX05
Scooby Regular

Cheers wrx287.

For £11,500 someone is gonna get a superb motor. I think I have decided I am gonna definately sell it. Any takers?? LOL

Will be really gutted to see it go but at least I have expereinced owning and driving an Impreza turbo which IMO everyone should do at some point in their life!!

Regards
Old 09 October 2007, 11:03 PM
scooby_duo
Scooby Newbie

Just some advice about advertising your car on Pistonheads.

It's a free site, which definitely has it's bonusus (obviously because it's free ) but there were over 700 Imprezas last time I looked on there. I have my Turbo 2000 MY99 on there for sale at the mo and for some reason I keep getting what seem like genuine inquiries which turn out they're only after my address so they can come and hijack my beast in the middle of the night.

I personally would stick to the cars for sale here, at least you know that most people here are genuine - or at a pinch Autotrader.
Old 10 October 2007, 01:00 AM
RJL_WRX05
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooby_duo
Just some advice about advertising your car on Pistonheads.

It's a free site, which definitely has it's bonusus (obviously because it's free ) but there were over 700 Imprezas last time I looked on there. I have my Turbo 2000 MY99 on there for sale at the mo and for some reason I keep getting what seem like genuine inquiries which turn out they're only after my address so they can come and hijack my beast in the middle of the night.

I personally would stick to the cars for sale here, at least you know that most people here are genuine - or at a pinch Autotrader.

Thanks - Sorry to hear about your bad expereince. I guess there is always a risk when selling a car like an Impreza. There are plenty of other more desirable cars on Piston Heads though (e.g. quite a few 100k+ Porsche GT3's!!!). Anyone wanna buy mine now before the 08 model WRX hits the streets and the price of mine goes up!!