Sponsored by:

Legal Advice

Search this Thread

Old 02 October 2007, 09:16 PM
wrxcraig
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Legal Advice

Around the 15th of August some dossy woman went into the back of me, she is a named driver and has admitted liability which took them 1-2 weeks to report it, about 3 weeks ago I had a phone call from Zuric claim dept to notify me that they are still waiting for a copy of her driving license and was basically told that if she doesnt provide the relevant docs then i would have to pay out .
I thought i'd ring them yesterday to see how the claim was progressing, and was told that the autherisation has been sent to the garage and that the garage will be in contact with me, so rang the garage and no autherisation has been given and would need something in writing.
Rang Zuric claim dept and was told that no autherisation has been given as they are still waiting for relevant docs but she couldnt tell me what docs as it was confidential.
The damage is a new boot as the boot lock fixing points has indented the boot lid and new bumper as it pierced a hole, i thought i wont put a claim in for whiplash as all i wanted was the car repaired.
Have i got a good case to invlove a solicitor or by my time as they dont seem to be doing any chasing or keeping me informed, its been nearly 2mths and ive had one phone call, its that bad i ring her dad to pass on the info of what her insurers need and even they have autherisation to get there headlight fixed, but have given him till thursday afternoon to pass over the docs or im gona issue him into small claims court and pay for the repairs myself.