Sponsored by:

Stolen Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02 October 2007, 09:13 PM
SSCJAY
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Stolen Exhaust

Apparently the doppy driver left a brand new Revolution 3" exhaust outside my house yesterday, and it was not here when I got home.

If anyone gets offered one or it pops up on ebay name and shame them.
Old 02 October 2007, 11:54 PM
Red Rocket 11166
Scooby Regular

Perhaps the doppy driver owns a Scooby.
Old 02 October 2007, 11:59 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Sounds like a scam to me & driver stole it! Company that you bought it from should be insured for this so talk to them.

TX.
Old 03 October 2007, 01:37 PM
dantastic
Scooby Regular

Just inform the sender that you have not received the goods, as the driver left the goods outside and did not get a signature he has not completed delivery, and is liable for the loss, the sender should send you a replacement and pursue the courier for the costs.
Old 03 October 2007, 02:30 PM
ChrisGrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SSCJAY
Apparently the doppy driver left a brand new Revolution 3" exhaust outside my house yesterday, and it was not here when I got home.

If anyone gets offered one or it pops up on ebay name and shame them.
only if it goes for more than i bid on e-bay

hope you get it all sorted it's def the delivery companys fault!
Old 03 October 2007, 03:26 PM
abbott
Scooby Regular

yes you will defo get sorted out for it as it must have to be signed for surely !! same happened to one of my mates he lives in a block of flats and delivery man came in n spoke to the junkies on the bottom floor sitting on the staircase he asked fro ******* one of the said junkies said im him and signed for it !!! (£400 BLU RAY dvd player LOL) anyway sorry to rattle on you will defo get sorted out buddy !
Old 03 October 2007, 08:09 PM
20withascooby
Scooby Regular

i work for a courier company and we have to get all items signed for unless its noted underneath by you that its ok to leave sumwhere or a note on the dorr if sumthing goes missing coz we have left it without permission we have to pay for it ourselves so if he works for city link he gtta wrk a few extra hours lol
Old 03 October 2007, 08:59 PM
Mr Brannen
Scooby Newbie

Hope you get it, just had one fitted on my RA, feckin awesome exhaust
Old 03 October 2007, 10:51 PM
340BHP-WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 20withascooby
i work for a courier company and we have to get all items signed for unless its noted underneath by you that its ok to leave sumwhere or a note on the dorr if sumthing goes missing coz we have left it without permission we have to pay for it ourselves so if he works for city link he gtta wrk a few extra hours lol
I had this with Business Post. The driver left an exhaust outside my parents house without getting a signature. It went missing(if he even delivered it that is),I rang the company I bought it from who said it was down to the courier,rang Business Post and got a load of abuse from them and then the driver turned up at my parents house and threatened my old man as he said he would have to pay for it out of his own pocket. The driver was very lucky that my old man didn't drop him on the spot !

Anyway,I paid for the exhaust by credit card.Rang the credit card company who sorted it all out for me and got another exhaust delivered to me.
Credit card companies have so much weight behind them they can get things sorted much quicker than you can yourself.
Old 03 October 2007, 11:26 PM
rigga
Scooby Regular

Sent some injectors off to Lateral last week for testing,sent by registered post,spoke to mark today and they were just left outside,no signiture asked for or anything..... royal mail gone to pot.
Old 04 October 2007, 08:54 AM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Unless you specifically instruct the seller to mark the parcel to be left elsewhere ( in which case its at your own risk, and hard to argue ) then the seller is liable to refund or replace.

Dont take any BS from them trying to fob you off to chase the couriers - THEY need to do this - the contract for delivery is between the seller and the courier - nothing to do with you.

If the courier does let someone else sign for it, or just leaves it without a signature its their fault and they have to reimburse the seller.

My business sells mostly mail order, and all items have to be signed for - if it does go missing, we refund the buyer, or send out a replacement order, then we have to chase up royal mail or the couriers to claim against them - its a pain as we often dont get the money back for a couple of months, but it wouldnt be fair for us to make the buyer wait.
Old 04 October 2007, 12:12 PM
Norman Dog
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by rigga
Sent some injectors off to Lateral last week for testing,sent by registered post,spoke to mark today and they were just left outside,no signiture asked for or anything..... royal mail gone to pot.
Quite agree, the cheeky bar-stewards have got the nerve to whinge about what they get paid too