Subaru-Less........sniff..

Search this Thread

Old 13 December 2000, 12:41 AM
blubs
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Hi All,

Sold my Scoob yesterday and I feel a bit like I've lost a limb!!
I said from new that I would only keep it until the end of this year before buying something else.
Can't get a test drive in the new car and cannot get any sense out of any UK dealer as regards availability, spec, aftermarket bits and I won't pay any money on a car I can't test drive. Even buying abroad the info is sketchy and with wifey being pregnant etc etc, I'm taking a self imposed Subaru sabbatical.

I'll be back though in 12 months time when I will look again at the new STI model.

Until then, any shoulders offered will be gratefully cried upon.

I'll still post up on the board (groan heard ), but will probably spend most of my time in the muppet section

blubs
Old 13 December 2000, 12:51 AM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Commiserations mate
Old 13 December 2000, 12:55 AM
Blow Dog
Scooby Regular

Wink

<B> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>I'll still post up on the board (groan heard )but will probably spend most of my time in the muppet section<HR></BLOCKQUOTE></B>

Groan..
Old 13 December 2000, 12:59 AM
Robertio
Scooby Regular

Talking

Well, you will never be far away then What are you going to be using for the next year though?

Old 13 December 2000, 01:58 PM
RichB
Scooby Regular

Click
Old 13 December 2000, 02:07 PM
igratton
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Sorry to hear that bulbs.

Listen....Beechdales in derby have a MY01 demo car. I drove it the other week. Personally for me it is too refined...but others quite like it.

Give em a ring or check out
Old 13 December 2000, 02:11 PM
Squizz
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Sorry to hear that Blubs...

Listers in Worcester have an MY01 demo car that I've driven.

Old 13 December 2000, 03:12 PM
blubs
Scooby Regular

Talking

Robertio,

Probably a ST24 Mondeo or Bora V5. Test driving both this week and will buy this weekend.

Thanx for the sympathies chaps

Blow Dog
What are doing out of your muppet cage ?
Old 13 December 2000, 03:16 PM
JoeyDeacon
Scooby Regular

Question

So you CHOOSE to get rid of the Impreza to get either a Mondeo ST24 or VB Bora and hope to get another Impreza in 12 Months time?? Surely the depreciation you are going to take on either of these new cars over 12 months means it would have made far more sense to keep the Impreza for another year??

Or am I missing something??
Old 13 December 2000, 04:22 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear you sold the scooby.

ST24 eh, you'll certainly notice a difference. It's exactly what I had before the scooby. Twas a great car really.

What about ST200 instead? bit obvious with the painjob, but is meant to be pretty good.

Personally I'd go for a ST24, 4 door saloon, <B>without</B> the body kit, and with the 16inch Chrome effect alloys, as found on GhiaX. If you pick a dark color, like blue, black, or even pepper red it looks rather nice. Mine was the above, in pepper red, and I did like it a lot. Got to drive a 2.0 zetec the other day and did kinda miss driving a mondy (shock horror, a closet mondeo lover!).

good luck n see you around.

BTW - remember when you do get your new car that you are not in the scooby, so when/if you wave/flash, scooby owners might give you an odd response!

Edited to add bit below:

Joey does have a point about depreciation. I purchased the mondy for around 15k and sold it aprox 6 - 7 months later for 9.2k, so as you can see I lost a *lot* of cash, I'm gutted about this, and feel a prize pillock about being so silly, it's not as if I've got cash to burn. I've learnt my lesson since I can tell you.

[This message has been edited by Markus (edited 13 December 2000).]
Old 13 December 2000, 04:52 PM
Matt Oz
Scooby Regular

Blubs,

I too am in the same boat. I sold my STI TypeR V-Ltd last week and feel a bit lost without it!! However, I have an Audi A3 now for running around in and it's soooooo much better than the Scooby for build quality!

Also, the Audi is keener to turn in and understeers less that my STI. Strange but true!

Still miss the Scoob though.

Matt
Old 13 December 2000, 05:00 PM
Andrew Dixon
Scooby Regular

Question

Sorry to hear you are now Scoob-less.

Mind if I ask how you managed to see your car? I'm trying hard to sell mine right now and have not had a sniff of (genuine) interest in the last four weeks.

Any advice appreciated.

Andrew.
Old 13 December 2000, 05:33 PM
Diablo
Scooby Regular

Blubs - DON'T BE HASTY!!

VW are about to undertake some serious price cuts. If you go for the Bora (better on the depreciation stakes), make sure you get the *new* price

D
Old 13 December 2000, 05:46 PM
Leigh
Scooby Regular

Blubs

Try an ST200 Mondeo, preferably a nearly new example (to dodge the MASSIVE initial depreciation)
I borrowed one last week to go to Scotland and after 800 miles in four days I can tell you it is an excellent car!
...and as for the noise when you floor it! Glorious!

Leigh
Old 14 December 2000, 09:15 AM
blubs
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by JoeyDeacon:
<B>So you CHOOSE to get rid of the Impreza to get either a Mondeo ST24 or VB Bora and hope to get another Impreza in 12 Months time?? Surely the depreciation you are going to take on either of these new cars over 12 months means it would have made far more sense to keep the Impreza for another year??

Or am I missing something??[/quote]

I forgot to mention that the new choice won't be a new one, give me some credit!!!

Markus and Leigh,
The Mondeo is just over the top to insure. I can't get a quote for less than £1,200 and it's not that good!!!
I've also spoken to a few people who have advised me that it's a bit hard edged and revvy to live with everyday.

Diablo,
How are ya? Cheers for that but I'm not going to fall into the trap of buying a new car in Britain again!!

There is a local Quicks guy who has 6 ST24's all with 8,000 on the clock and he wants around £11,000 for them so I think those cars have suffered the worst part of their depreciation.

The V5 has done 12,000 and another garage wants 11k for that aswell. I haven't driven either, (Mondeo tonight - V5 weekend), but the build quality is very apparent in the Bora.

Matt Oz,
Haven't thought about the Audi. I'll do some ringing around today, cheers.

Andrew D
I think I dropped lucky. It was advertised in the private section for about three weeks before I had a taker. The fact that it was competitively priced helped it to go aswell.

I will be back though. I'll wait and see what aftermarket/Sti toys appear over next year

blubs