You Gotta Love 'Em

Search this Thread

Old 20 September 2007, 10:58 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default You Gotta Love 'Em

Volvo, evening rush hour, M11/A11

Traffic is moderately heavy with people sticking to the outside lane as "normal"

Dark Blue X5 in o/s lane of M11 decides at last possible moment to cut left into o/s lane of A11. That bit has a sharp corner, so X5 is up the chuff of a large 54 plate Merc. I'm behind.

Traffic for next 5 miles is heavy with o/side lane the "place to be" so I'm following this X5. He's still up the chuff of the merc. Go past Haverhill turning, still heavy round the next couple of bends and as is my wont, as I'm not passing, I'm inside lane sort of shotgun to the car in the outside - there but not undertaking. Traffic slows and I slow too but not as much as X5 so I'm level with rear passenger door. 3 blokes inside, driver is using some sort of PDA and has dropped back from car in front. He's obviously NOT paying attention so on the basis that heavy traffic & bloke not paying attention is better from in front than behind, I decide to undertake him and slip in front. I do that. Pause. Lights flash when he realises what I've done then blue strobes

They go off. I'm firmly of the opinion that the driver is taking the P. Speeds had been up in excess of the speed limit whilst following him plus his tailgating etc. His flashing the strobes mean dick so I carry on.

He backs off and I carry on. Speed didn't slacken (on my part) and yes I was exceeding the limit but not driving badly - lane discipline, no tailgating etc.

It wasn't until we get past Newmarket and near the A11/A14 split that he comes racing up again (3 digit plus as I was near there). Road was emptyish with the ocaisional chicane. I'm in the middle lane as I'm going A14. He starts to dive up the inside maybe thinking I'm cutting left last minute, sees a car so slows and pulls out behind me. I go o/side to pass a lorry & he does same, right behind me, then he cuts in again to the A11 bit to block me off when I return to middle lane BUT has to back off and come out again when another A11 car blocks his way, then again dives inside to block me off should I go A11.

But I'm not ( ) so at the last minute I flash hazards at him and carry on up the A14 as he jams his brakes on for the lorry moving to the now o/side lane as the A11 becomes 2 lanes again.

Par for the course BM driving but doubly twatish that he made himself known as a copper or customs (trying to intimidate by his badge?) then continued to drive like a prat.

Just wish he or his collegues read this. I was looking forward to being pulled but he didn't oblige. If you're going to drive like a ****, don't declare yourself as an upholder of the law in order to try and intimidate someone for a transgression that you yourself have exceeded by a great margin

Was funny though, driving above the speed limit wanting to be pulled but knowing deep down you wouldn't be
Old 21 September 2007, 07:30 AM
Alan MaC
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

*****, pity it didn't have a sticker "how's my driving? ring >>.

Regards

Alan MaC