Search this Thread

Old 19 September 2007, 08:34 AM
The rookie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kwik fit "go green"!

Just seen this:-
Servicing :: Go Green

What a crok! I especially like the "minimise the amount of fuel needed to stop the car." and think that is the lowlight amongst the other blatant rip off cr@p!

Love to know what additive they feel is worthwhile not to mention how there highly trained monkeys will check the EMS for the optimum fuel injection....amongst all the 'green' bullS this has enough methane to run a fleet of CNG cars for a year!

Simon
Old 19 September 2007, 09:02 AM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by The rookie
Just seen this:-
Servicing :: Go Green

What a crok! I especially like the "minimise the amount of fuel needed to stop the car." and think that is the lowlight amongst the other blatant rip off cr@p!

Love to know what additive they feel is worthwhile not to mention how there highly trained monkeys will check the EMS for the optimum fuel injection....amongst all the 'green' bullS this has enough methane to run a fleet of CNG cars for a year!

Simon
Agreed, but if you go to them you almost deserve to get ripped off.
Old 19 September 2007, 09:13 AM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

So - for £29 you get:

A £5 bottle of injector cleaner, a check to see if your engine check light is on, a second check to see if they missed the engine check light was on the first time they checked it, and they check if your car stops. Oh, and they plough some money into one of these "get-rich-quick, set up your own carbon offset scheme" things?

oooooohh.. I'm going to rush to kwik fit right now!

Something else to pry money from the clueless paranoid public who are utterly convinced they are responsible for the impending doom of the universe.

At least the Christians made a good story up about the apocalypse; these greenies are just dull - "REPENT HEATHEN POLLUTERS! FEAR THE SOGGY CARPET AND OCCASIONALLY UNPLEASANT WEATHER CONDITIONS! YOU ARE ALL DOOOOOOOOMED!". Gimme four horsemen any day..
Old 19 September 2007, 10:32 AM
Team Scooby World Police
Scooby Newbie

I didn't know that having dodgy brakes used more fuel
Old 19 September 2007, 12:06 PM
Odds on
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Prasius
So - for £29 you get:

A £5 bottle of injector cleaner, a check to see if your engine check light is on, a second check to see if they missed the engine check light was on the first time they checked it, and they check if your car stops. Oh, and they plough some money into one of these "get-rich-quick, set up your own carbon offset scheme" things?

oooooohh.. I'm going to rush to kwik fit right now!
I think that pretty much sums it up!
Old 19 September 2007, 01:26 PM
speedking
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Team Scooby World Police
I didn't know that having dodgy brakes used more fuel
It does if the pistons don't retract properly leaving the pads rubbing the discs all the time. However it would obviously not affect the "fuel used to stop"
Old 19 September 2007, 08:20 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

Work colleague took his Freelander to Kwikfit for an MOT on his way to work in the rain a few weeks back. Alright he may look a soft touch, late 50s and somewhat dithery. " Bad news , Sir, you're windscreen wiper motor is broken." He was told. He asks to examine the said item and the 'Technician' reluctantly takes him to look at a twisted wiper arm. "Can you please fix it" says the 'Old man.' Car then sails through the MOT with a new wiper motor. "That'll be £350, Sir" says the Oink. " I won't be paying a penny" says the 'old man'. "Do you think I drove here looking out of the side window. You bent the wiper arm and I am not paying for either your negligence or criminal damage" His keys were handed over and no charge made for the new wiper motor, wipers, blades and an MOT. Happy ending to a frightening tale. How many customers aren't so lucky.

Trending Topics

Old 20 September 2007, 02:10 PM
The rookie
Scooby Regular

My Ex's brother was given a 2CV as a first car, not the best car but it was free, took it to kwik 5h!t to get a new exhaust, left it with them, thought nothing of seeing the Fire engine go hurtling by - the numpties had only cut through the fuel line while trying to 'gas axe' the exhaust off...upshot was they paid for 2 months hire car and gave him £750 compensation to buy a proper car - he wasn't to chuffed at first, but was quite happy after!

Simon
Old 20 September 2007, 02:19 PM
satancom
Scooby Regular

So thats why my petrol gets used up quickly, all that braking? Nothing to do with hairing up and down the motorway for hours on end then?