Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats it worth ??

Subaru Impreza Turbo 2000 MY98..

Silver, 108k with full service history,
6 months tax & 6 months mot,
a/c,
immaculate condition inside and out,
very clean under the bonnet,
Prodrive performance pack ( certificate says its a WR Sport, Have no clue what this is any info will be great )

Only mods are the crystal light pack..

Last edited by staffy-bull; 12 September 2007 at 05:34 PM.
Old 12 September 2007, 06:37 PM
wrx287
Scooby Regular

Probably only looking at about £3000 to £3700, its a buyers market for imprezas at the moment. There is a M reg import in a dealer by me with 37000 miles from new for £4295.
Old 12 September 2007, 06:43 PM
jiffthejiffmanjaffa
Scooby Regular

The log book can often have a different model on the log book than the car actually is.

This is because when the cars get imported, there is two charges for translating the log book. Cheap and expensive.

There's no requirement that you have to have either one. So most people go for the cheap one, which regular has errors in it as it's done by computer.

Thing is though, I've not seen a turbo with abs black plastic stripes down the sides before. I've only seen them on sport models.

Are you sure you car is a turbo and not a converted Sport??

Not to worry you or anything. But a converted sport ir worth considerable les than a true turbo.
Old 12 September 2007, 07:02 PM
staffy-bull
Scooby Regular

Just to clarify that the car is not a import and yes it is a turbo and not an converted sport also the plastic stripes down the sides have been added by previous owner to stop car park dings...

Just to add that the certificate for the Prodrive performance pack shows that it was added from new so the car has always been a turbo...
Old 12 September 2007, 08:04 PM
jiffthejiffmanjaffa
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by staffy-bull
Just to clarify that the car is not a import and yes it is a turbo and not an converted sport also the plastic stripes down the sides have been added by previous owner to stop car park dings...

Just to add that the certificate for the Prodrive performance pack shows that it was added from new so the car has always been a turbo...
Did I touch a nerve???

Get rid of those stripe their horrible looking, and will make people think the same as me especially with the wrong model on the certificiate.

Sorry mate. I only mentioned the above as a possible answer to your question. I might keep my opinons to myself in future
Old 12 September 2007, 09:24 PM
Simon 69
Scooby Regular

Charges for translating the logbook? In all the cars that I have imported from Japan I havent ever come across any translation charges, let alone a tariff..........
Old 12 September 2007, 09:44 PM
nik52wrx
Scooby Regular

Why are you going on about the log book or am i missing something
The WR Sport on the PPP certificate is normal as WR Sport is a brand name Prodrive use as far as i'm aware.
Not got my PPP'd Impreza anymore but i'm sure the blue certificate had WR Sport written on it.
Hope this helps.
Nik.

quote=jiffthejiffmanjaffa;7247712]The log book can often have a different model on the log book than the car actually is.

This is because when the cars get imported, there is two charges for translating the log book. Cheap and expensive.

There's no requirement that you have to have either one. So most people go for the cheap one, which regular has errors in it as it's done by computer.

Thing is though, I've not seen a turbo with abs black plastic stripes down the sides before. I've only seen them on sport models.

Are you sure you car is a turbo and not a converted Sport??

Not to worry you or anything. But a converted sport ir worth considerable les than a true turbo.[/quote]

Trending Topics

Old 12 September 2007, 10:41 PM
speye91
Scooby Regular

Never thought a Uk Turbo had A/C.
Old 13 September 2007, 07:51 AM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by speye91
My old car did.
Old 13 September 2007, 08:01 AM
blu scoob
Scooby Regular

Default scooby

The car looks nice but they all do in the pics,but if you like it just bid what you think is a fair price because its getting on abit,prodrive makes it a better drive so aslong as it drives ok go for it.Dont mind the strips down the side,never had them on one of mine but.
Old 13 September 2007, 09:45 AM
staffy-bull
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jiffthejiffmanjaffa
Did I touch a nerve???

Get rid of those stripe their horrible looking, and will make people think the same as me especially with the wrong model on the certificiate.

Sorry mate. I only mentioned the above as a possible answer to your question. I might keep my opinons to myself in future
NO nerve touched its just what i am responding to you with the facts of what you had written, a car is a car to me and being a WOMAN i dont know too much about it and was just looking for some advice as i was looking at selling it as i am expecting my 3rd child soon and was considering part exing or selling private to get an estate, being a Woman i didnt know what price to advertise it for or want any men taking advantage of me for being a woman. Just thought i would find a little about the wr on the ppp certificate and get some advice really, As for the strips i dont like them either and if you looked back to my past thread you would see i was asking advice on how to remove them without causing any paint work damage.

Thanks for those of you that have been helpfull on the advice and NOT JUMPED DOWN MY THROAT.
Old 13 September 2007, 11:26 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by speye91

1000 quid optional extra fitted by the dealer

Tony