Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

very very off topic ! Highlander 4: End Game

Search this Thread

Old 07 December 2000, 05:49 PM
GaryC
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It was out in the US when we were there early October - Its not really a sequel to 1, 2, and 3, just a 'film length TV version', that has got Christopher Lambert in.

Could well be a straight to Video job
Old 07 December 2000, 06:53 PM
scooby2000
Scooby Regular

is it did come out in USA on 1/9/00
and it does star Chris Lambert and also Adrian Paul (Duncan macleod ) only seen about 20mins
of it before server fellover and i couldn't download anymore but it's looks ok like garyc
said it not a sequel to the rest but they where never true sequels
no release date in this country that i know of looks like we'll after wait until it goes on video or dvd
Old 08 December 2000, 12:46 AM
scoobysnacks
Scooby Regular

Talking

Excellent!
Glad to see some fellow Highlander fans on this board. The series was brilliant(if you had Sky and saw it through to the end of series 6), but lots of people in this country missed out because of the disjointed repeats of series 1 and 2 on ITV. Doh!. The DVD is coming out in America early next year, but I'm not sure what's happening with it's release (or not) in this country. Go to
Old 08 December 2000, 08:45 AM
AWD
Scooby Regular

Cool

I bought Highlander: Directors' special edition or something in the US for $8 a few months back.

As well as the full film it has loads of info like script with comments, casting notes, loads of pictures etc, commentary. All for 8 dollars!
Old 08 December 2000, 01:09 PM
Lovejoy
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

The USA network here in the states used to run the series, then they came out with a new Highlander : The Raven tangent. I think it runs only in syndication now. I think they need to bring back Adrian....insert scene where Rocky is screaming...".....AAAAAADDDDDRRRRIIIIAAAANNNNNN!!! !!!......"

Lovejoy

[This message has been edited by Lovejoy (edited 08 December 2000).]
Old 08 December 2000, 01:35 PM
GaryC
Scooby Regular

I disagree - the series was pants.

Highlander - (just about) god of all films,
Highlander2 - good film, but not a 'Highlander'
Highlander 3 - Very good, worthy sequel to the first
Old 08 December 2000, 01:56 PM
scoobysnacks
Scooby Regular

Angry

The series was most certainly NOT pants! How dare you! You obviously didn't see most of the best episodes form season 3 onwards or you wouldn't be talking such rubbish. It lasted for 6 years in Europe and America and that does not happen with a series that is 'pants'). Also, why did over 100000 people go to the Highlander convention in LA?
Old 08 December 2000, 02:17 PM
scoobysnacks
Scooby Regular

Angry

A 'convention' can last a few days days and it's a place where you can meet the cast, ask them questions, get autographs, learn about their new films, series etc. There's also loads of memorabilia for sale and acutions for charity. There was one in London last year to which Adrian Paul and the lovely Tessa (can't remember her real name) went. There were people from all over the world there. For a 'pants' series that pretty good going..... Once again, if you didn't see the last few seasons there's no point in saying it rubbish. It got a lot better. It's like watching 10 minutes of star wars, not liking it and then saying the whole series of episodes was pants.
Old 08 December 2000, 02:26 PM
GaryC
Scooby Regular

Many crap series' run for year And I am not surprised that a Highlander convention pulled in 100000 after three films - but I suggest it was the films not the series that pulled them in. If the series was so good, why was it only ever shown in the middle of the night on terrestial TV?

Series was definitly pants, and an insult to the original film to give it the same name

[This message has been edited by GaryC (edited 08 December 2000).]
Old 08 December 2000, 02:40 PM
scoobysnacks
Scooby Regular

Sorry Chandler, didn't mean to insult you intelligence. Got the wrong end of the stick.
Actually, Gary the convention was for the series, with only series cast members.... The series developed the Highlander theme much further than the film and was clearly better than the film later on.
Many good series are not shown properly on Terestrial TV because Sky had bought the right to show it. Why would they bother if it was crap?
Old 08 December 2000, 04:20 PM
Nightmare
Scooby Regular

I liked the series too - same theme as Buffy / Angel or anything else like that really - top entertainment! Its a real shame we didnt get all of it over in the UK - wonder if we ever will?
Old 08 December 2000, 05:24 PM
GaryC
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by scoobysnacks:
<B>
<snip>...not shown properly on Terestrial TV because Sky had bought the right to show it. Why would they bother if it was crap?[/quote]

It was shown on terestial TV, just in the middle of the night - because its pants

Oh and the day Sky stop buying/showing crap is the day Prodrive admit the P1 is just an overpriced STi

...And in the same vein as Buffy? - Sarah Michelle-Gellar?? - 'nuff said!
Old 08 December 2000, 07:33 PM
scooby2000
Scooby Regular

this might sound sad but just after the thrid
film came out i went up to glenfinnan for a week and visted all the sites they used in the film and the series the one that he came back to scotland (homeland) visted both castles used and the inn duncan stayed in the "lenui" real name glenuig also did the trip to skye it's well worth going not only for the sites but there's some good roads round there to have some fun watch out for the sheep and wildlife

remember in the end there can be only one !!!!!
Old 11 December 2000, 01:03 PM
scoobysnacks
Scooby Regular

Wink

GaryC,

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I meant that ITV didn't show it properly because they only had the rights to show the first couple of series (showing them in a strange order) and SKY had the rest. I Guess you missed out on about 5 years of episodes shown in prime time on SKY1, which puts you in a pretty poor position to judge the whole series.... But really, you're just trying to wind me up aren't you?
Old 11 December 2000, 01:05 PM
scoobysnacks
Scooby Regular

Wink

Anybody agree with me? Please?

[This message has been edited by scoobysnacks (edited 11 December 2000).]
Old 11 December 2000, 05:30 PM
GaryC
Scooby Regular

I did see some of the newer series on SKY, even during this year. Still thought it was crap compared to the original film, or even '3'.

Each to their own
Old 12 December 2000, 07:41 AM
Billbill
Scooby Regular

Still show em over here on "T" TV.
Late late.