Sponsored by:

Been involved in a hit & run

Search this Thread

Old 27 August 2007, 03:36 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Been involved in a hit & run

Spent Saturday afternoon washing the car. Was feeling pretty good about myself, as the car was spotless, sun shining etc etc.

Driving through Darlington at about 4:15pm (30mph Zone) I started slowing down as a car in front was turning off to the right, when an offroad motor bike suddenly appeared from out behind some bushes. I could see that he wasn't going to stop in time, so I braked hard and turned to avoid him. To late. The little B@stard went slamming into the side of my car. I though he was going to go through the side window from the sound of his helmet hitting it. Anyway, I scream at him and start to pull my car into the side of the road (as i'd now stopped right in the middle of it) when he pulled his bike back, and took off down some side road which leads to waste land.
Got out of the car to find my passenger front door dented in, and part of the rear passenger door dented too. I noticed something wedged under my rear tyre. It turned out to be a small green petrol can that a witness said was on his handle bars. Thank god that never burst all over my car.
Assuming that he must have either stolen the bike, or at least the petrol, I went down the police station to report it. Unfortunately, it had gone 5pm, and all the police had gone home No crime must happen after 5pm !!!!

Went down on Sunday afternoon instead, and at first the guy at the desk just didn't seam bothered at all. Took some details about me, and rang someone, and asked if I could wait 30mins to make a statement. Luckily that turned out to be only 15mins instead. Made my statement and made the point about the petrol can, and if they'd had a report about stolen petrol, then the 2 are linked, so they might have CCTV footage of him.

This is when it gets strange. After I left the police station I get home, and a couple hours later my mobile rings. It's the Police. Wanting more details from me. OK, no problem. Only it wasn't details about the incident, it more details about me. Kept on asking me my date of birth (3 times at least). Wanting to know if I had car insurance? Yes. OK whats your policy number then? When did it start? when does it expire? Who are you insured with? What did you say your date of birth was?
Then he wanted to know my Driving licence number.

You know, I felt like I was being investigated. Was waiting for him to ask me to come back down so they could take my finger print and DNA.

Go to report a crime and get investigated to see if they can do you for anything.

Rant over.
Old 27 August 2007, 03:41 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

What do you expect, you have a Subaru...

..had the same issue with coppers in Darlo that were on foot patrol. Ok, I had not parked cleverly, but they did the whole persons check, car check, producer. Did they give a parking ticket, oh no...just wanted to make a point about the car.
Old 27 August 2007, 03:43 PM
DB07P1
Scooby Regular

i dont blame you for ranting i would be doing exactly the same!!its a real shame about the car hope it doesnt cost 2 much!!!lets hope the police catch the little scumbag and bang him away...however they may be too busy eating dohnuts and doing bleeding surveys
Old 27 August 2007, 03:49 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

They don't tend to eat donuts around here, they just walk around pretending to do something useful...
Old 27 August 2007, 03:54 PM
bootsy
Scooby Regular

Location: Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless. Like water.

i reported a incident i saw to the police.and got the same treatment persons check, car check, producer and what was i doing in a tesco car park with shopping
Old 27 August 2007, 04:02 PM
VoteConservative!
BANNED

yes the police are *******. Coppers are constantly asking me if my car is stolen just because I look young
Old 27 August 2007, 04:11 PM
Spyd
Scooby Regular

Why do those little chavvy **** always make us real motocrossers look bad?

Last edited by Chris L; 27 August 2007 at 08:49 PM.

Trending Topics

Old 27 August 2007, 08:39 PM
Alan MaC
Scooby Regular

Charlie Bronson had the right idea.

Sort it out yourself cois Plod is useless.

Have you ever thought about this??

Plod (whose Customers are you & I ) doesn't/can't do his job (not really intersted in why) in the real world, he would be sacked.

In the UK, he fails to deliver, you look after things, he then comes down on you like a ton of bricks for taking the "law into your hands."

I relly think, with alll the stuff that is happpening, Illegal Migrants (criminals that the Eastern Euoropean Goverments are glad to see the back of), Hoodie Gangs, Drug delaers, Gun Stuff, Murdered for asking Lick Spittles to not damage your property, ANND<<<< the poor little lad that was shot in Liverpool this week.

Shame on you PLOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 27 August 2007, 09:28 PM
NAY TURBO 99
Scooby Regular

the old bill are racked of mate hope you get your car sorted out and that the little ***** brakes his f****** neck
Old 27 August 2007, 10:23 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Police are useless & a bunch of *****. Certainly my experience of them anyhoo ...

TX.
Old 28 August 2007, 08:36 AM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

Their general approach to victim/witness service is and always has been very poor. I know that their answer is that they are very busy / under resourced blah blah blah, but that doesnt help their public profile.
2 months ago, I witnessed 3 retards kicking random cars to bits near where I live. I called the police who arrived promptly and arrested 1 of the three (allowing 2 to get away). To their credit, during the next 12 hours, they seemed to take it very seriously, coming round to the house "post arrest" and asking me in for a statement the next morning etc.
Since then, nothing, nada, zip... Not a word... Am I going to court to give evidence? Are the victims of this crime getting payback? What's happening? Not a word...
Have the victims heard? Nope...
Now I am not too bothered about it all, but it is another example of the symptomatic failures within the force, when witnesses and victims are just an interferance to the polices real duty of filling in forms and moving on drunks.
Old 28 August 2007, 08:48 AM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

Police are not equipped to deal with crime full stop.
Old 28 August 2007, 09:49 PM
98RED
Scooby Regular

Where I come from its full of young kids on uninsured trial bikes, two pushed one past mine Saturday, the one pushing it was only about 11 years old, no crash hats etc.
Hope your car gets sorted without to much hassle, even though thats not the point. This also happened to a mate of mine a couple of years ago with a kid on a pushbike, dented in the whole passenger door and got clean away old bill had f all interest.
Old 30 August 2007, 11:20 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Spent Tuesday driving around getting quotes to fix the damage.

All quotes are in now, and it looks like it's going to cost me £415.00.

There were a couple cheaper by about £50, but they couldn't offer a loan car. Not much point claiming, as it would still cost me £250 excess, and whatever they bump onto my policy next year, and the next few years after that.

Another expense I just don't need right now.