Sponsored by:

What to do???

Search this Thread

Old 12 August 2007, 08:00 PM
classicturbo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do???

Right i have a dilema, i sold my scoob to fund our wedding and house move and got myself a nice low mileage mk4 golf gti turbo. Bored of that now and just seen my old scoob up for sale again, it's a 2000 classic uk car and it's just clocked up 100,000 miles with full service history. I can get it for a really good price but am concerned that -

1 - The mileage, how long do these go for?

2 - The 'check engine' light is on?

I think i can get around 5 grand for the golf but the scoob will be less than that. It also has tein coilovers and ppp. Also prodrive spoilers - all colour coded.

What do i do? Keep the golf and be a bit boring or get the scoob back and enjoy my driving again???

Last edited by classicturbo; 13 August 2007 at 07:29 AM.
Old 12 August 2007, 08:04 PM
360ste
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

See if the new owner will get a diagnostic done to see why the ECL is on and go from there. The other thought is how has the car been treated, servicing, repairs and most importantly been driven.
Old 12 August 2007, 10:07 PM
st3v3
Scooby Regular

You know how you HPI a car, well as you probably know the history of it,ie:not been stolen and so on, instead you could take it to a Subaru dealer and pay them the money to get a CEL diagnostic on it(£35), all of coarse when you're on an exstended test drive.
Old 12 August 2007, 10:23 PM
Paul JC
Scooby Regular

well i doubt anyone else will buy it with the CEL light on unless its silly cheap so they will have to get that sorted imo.
Old 13 August 2007, 06:42 AM
classicturbo
Scooby Regular

Well i know the trader who's selling it and he's letting me get it on the diagnostic test this morning. As it's my old car i already know the history upto the last 12months but i'm just concerned about the now high mileage. I had subaru do a major service on it before i sold it including all belts etc.... so i know they're ok. I really want her back!
Old 13 August 2007, 08:53 AM
a_fisher
Scooby Regular

You can check the error code(s) yourself:

Reading CEL codes, see point 3. Works on the classic only by plugging a couple of wires together under the steering column