Sponsored by:

picked up my car tonight

Search this Thread

Old 02 August 2007, 11:18 PM
daz1968
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default picked up my car tonight

I finally picked up my new car tonight, was going to have a bugeye sti, but in the end went for a blobeye WRX as was about same price but was from a dealer with full history and a warranty so think I have made the right decision, never drove one for more than a test drive before so am still getting used to it, only one thing I noticed was that I have no locking wheel nuts, should the WRX have had them and can anyone recommend a good set worth having. Also the bridgestones are noisy, when they wear what are the best to replace them with. Looking forward to scooby ownership as have wanted one for a long time but never got round to it as was ford through and through, I still have my cossie though and will never part with that, I think a prodrive backbox will be my first investment though as the car is just to quiet. Think I will have to keep my eye on the classifieds and ebay to try to get one. The Garage told me that 95 fuel is fine but when I went to fill up a sticker in the flap states 98 ron only, I had to put a little 95 in though to get it home, is it best to stick with a better fuel in the future.

Any advice welcomed as I am new to all this.

Thanks
Darren
Old 02 August 2007, 11:23 PM
renny
Scooby Regular

Fuel wise best go for summit like V Power or Tesco 99 - that's what most people will advise on here.

As for wheel nuts,i've got 2 sets of McGuard locking nuts on mine - 1 set came as standard the others i got later.Not sure whether your blobeye should have had them as standard or not to be honest mate.

Welcome and enjoy
Old 03 August 2007, 11:06 AM
Mark'sWRX
Scooby Regular

Welcome.

Locking wheel nuts were standard on UK models but not EU imports so maybe the car is from Malta or Cyprus. UK ones had side airbags too, so check that. Buy some McGard locking nuts from Halfords or eBay.

As for tyres, yes the Bridgestones are noisy. Most people change to Toyo or Goodyear which are bit quieter.

My first mod was a Prodrive backbox and was well worth it (again loads on eBay) and gave it a nice burble.

Shell V-Power or Tesco 99 are the best fuels, but it can run on normal 95, but the ECU adjusts and you get less power. If you fill up with super, the ECU readusts. Most people don't like BP Ultimate, but try it if you can't get Shell or Tesco 99.

You should love the car as much as your cossie (I have a blobeye WRX), but there are a few more simple mods that are almost vital. E.g. Get an uprated rear anti-roll bar and drop links to make it handle properly.

Mark