Sponsored by:

Traffic Warden Mistake :)

Search this Thread

Old 28 July 2007, 10:02 AM
feRRetboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traffic Warden Mistake :)

Yesterday i was visiting family in Leicester after my Soob had been off the road for a few weeks. I decided to take a quick trip into the city. I parked up in the high street and bought a 1 hr ticket and placed on my dashboard facing outwards.

40 minutes later i returned to my horror to see a large yellow fine stuck on my windscreen. Puzzled, i checked to see that i was still in time, no probs there, i then checked to see that i was within the parking lines, easy mistake to be outside a line when a warden is being **** and you being carefull to protect your alloys etc. Everything was fine, i was really puzzled.

Traffic warden appears looking very smug. I said "did you just issue me with a ticket?" Chap says yes, you didnt have your ticket stuck to the inside of the window!

Well to cut a long story sidewards and a few heated words i decided to leave before i got into more trouble.I thought no way am i paying this and would write a snooty letter on monday.

I proceeded to the Leicester Subaru garage which i hadnt been to before just to have code reset on the car. As my details were being typed into the system the nice chap said " i cant find your car on the system, do you have your service book with you?"

I went to the car, brought it back back, Chap in garage says, the place you bought your car from mate has got one of the digets on the number plate wrong, no wonder we couldnt find you. AT that point i rushed to car, only to see that traffic warden had booked the ticket to the number plate and not the tax disc which was correct!

Ticket wont be valid, since im guessing that number plate wont exist ha ha!

Garage changed my plates for me £20 fitted very cheap, a few phone calls later sorted the insurance details chnage and all is well. Just as well i never had a pull from the twos and blues, that would have taken some explaining im sure.

Still going to write a letter saying the warden is blind, not only did he fail to see my ticket displayed correctly, he even wrote down the number plate wrong i shall say!
Old 28 July 2007, 10:07 AM
m1cks
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by feRRetboy

Still going to write a letter saying the warden is blind, not only did he fail to see my ticket displayed correctly, he even wrote down the number plate wrong i shall say!
If they have the wrong registration written down they have no way to trace you. If you write to them you will then be providing them with your details!
Old 28 July 2007, 10:08 AM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

I wouldnt bother mate...for once you have got one over the scum of the earth ...and just for the record,displaying a ticket on your dash is enough. the sticky side is there to stop those incidents where as you close the door,a gust of wind might make the ticket flip over or fall onto the floor.

so it was an error on the plate, an honest mistake and leave it at that.
and if you get the opportunity to see the same weasel traffic warden, then run over his toes for good measure.
Old 28 July 2007, 10:19 AM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

If there is cobdensation on your winscreen (which is possible after a few mins when the a/c is turned off with widscreen flap open) its imposiible to stick a ticket to the window...it just falls off.

As long as its viewable your in the claer.

Seeing they have your details wrong, don't even think of contacting them, but obviously double check the reg is written down wrong..... Think of it as karma doing justice for you
Old 28 July 2007, 10:30 AM
gingerflyer
Scooby Regular

go here and type the incorrect reg, this gives make,

https://www.mycarcheck.com/

go here and type reg and make, tells you if it exists.

DVLA Online Vehicle Licensing | Vehicle Enquiry

come back with a reply if it exists without giving vehicle details,
Old 28 July 2007, 10:39 AM
MaDaSS
Scooby Regular

LOL, nice one!
Old 28 July 2007, 01:13 PM
Red Rocket 11166
Scooby Regular

Ferretboy,

You could have told the warden your side lights were stuck on and you had a flat battery.

Rgds Red.

Trending Topics

Old 28 July 2007, 01:14 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

I'm not sure on this one...

1) Parking attendants often take pictures of cars they give tickets too. They will also record your tax disc, and normally photograph this. With these details, even with the wrong reg they may be able to trace you. I believe the ticket would stand if they were to successfully trace you, assuming you cannot prove it was wrongly issued (which is was)
2) Someone else may end up having the ticket sent to them and paying. This is wrong, there is a matter of principle to fight over here.
3) Ideally you should have taken a picture of your car at the time showing the ticket displayed. The parking attendant will probably have taken pictures in such a manner that will not show the ticket on the dash to try and prove their claim.

Fight it, as its the fact that they do this to people and think that they can get away with it that is wrong. I always have a camera. Take pics of the warden, the car everything. Fight it, and then shame them. Local press love stories of wardens giving unfair tickets.