Sponsored by:

My Berkshire Hell

Search this Thread

Old 18 July 2007, 02:31 PM
mikepaul
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry My Berkshire Hell

Just asking for some advice and I'm very depressed with my current situation.

A single mother moved next door about 11 months ago, things were fine until she got a dog which barked constantly. I complained to the council which was a waste of time, I complained to the housing association who own the house next door- they did nothing.

I used to have sympathy for single parents on state benefit, but when they destroy your quality of life, I tend to agree Maggie Thatcher was right!

I arrived home last night to watch her son beating a football against my WRX, luckily no dents but lots of scratches. I’m dam sure it was malicious

I'm nearing a mental breakdown, have managed to sell the house in Berkshire (new owners move in 2 months time) and I’m moving to Northampton as I hate Berkshire and can't stand the people here as they as so selfish and obsessed with money and greed.

My options regarding the damage to the car include

1) Call the Policy and risk my car getting vandalised further
2) Confront the single mother next door (she's just play the poor me, and pour herself another straight vodka)
3) When I move out sue the housing association for stress their tenant making my life hell!

I don't move until September, and my wife has moved out already, through we have a strong marriage and have stayed together. in two months time we'll be in our new house in Northampton and will stayed married for life.

It's a trued story, very sad - but I have to find a way of surviving for the next two months.

I love the WRX, so it pains me to see someone being so petty at getting revenge on someone who suffered because they got a dog that barks night and day (puppy to fully grown still barks the same.
Old 18 July 2007, 02:40 PM
daz_don1
Scooby Regular

sorry to hear about your difficulties! its not on when people have got no respect for you and your property.
i had a similar thing happen to me when some people moved in a few doors away. to cut a long story short i had a ctr at the time and they were always messin with it. When i confronted them it ended up being keyed and costin me 370 to have it sorted

The best thing to do is not to confront her as it will be turned round on you in some way to say you are bullying a single woman.Call the police and get a crime number that way you got somethin to fall back on if needed in future.

Could your wife have the wrx where she is and just use a run around till you move?

At least you no its not lasting forever and i hope you can sort somethin out

Daz
Old 18 July 2007, 03:37 PM
Ryo
Scooby Regular

Sounds harsh......but its not just Berkshire mate.

Its not the place, its your neighbours, be it Berkshire or Yorkshire, crap neighbours are all over.

My missus used to live in Amersham, supposedly a really nice place, but the neighbours were annoying scum.

I do live in Berkshire, and there are parts of it I dispise, but also parts I love. I'm lucky in that I know all my neighbours, they know me and we all look out for each other. Alas, its a very rare thing to find nowadays.

I hope you get it all sorted and your quality of life goes up. I couldnt imagine what I would feel if I found a kid knocking a ball against my car.....Grrr.
Old 18 July 2007, 03:41 PM
[Davey]
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikepaul
I'm nearing a mental breakdown, have managed to sell the house in Berkshire (new owners move in 2 months time) and I’m moving to Northampton as I hate Berkshire and can't stand the people here as they as so selfish and obsessed with money and greed.
Thanks!

Seriously though mate.. I think you'll find its more to do with the general callibre of people who live in Housing Association provided housing.... Personally after polite complaints first I would have shot the dog, given the mother a slap and popped the little sh*ts football..

As for Berkshire just avoid Slough, Staines, most parts of Windsor and Tilehurst and Whitley.
Old 18 July 2007, 03:54 PM
Avalyn
Scooby Regular

Not even confined to England. I'm up in Aberdeen, stay in a smaller 4 bed detached house with 2 neighbours either side in bigger 4 bed detached now worth upwards of 400K.

One set of neighbours have 2 dogs, they do bark but the couple are very conscious of it and apologise profusely and do everything they can to shut them up. We get on great .. have them round for drinks etc

The other couple are OK, not who we would choose to socialize with really.

They have an older daughter who's been thrown out of the house twice this year. Will turn up drunk with chav boyfriends and basically knock the crap out of the front door demanding to be taken in. The last time she was at it, her Dad (who I feel quite sorry for) was attempting to get her into the house while she bit his arms until they bled calling him an f'in c etc etc at full tilt at 2 in the morning

The last lot of neighbours (house on the other side) had a kid, supposedly with ADHD, bought him a full drum kit great and parked a 20ft motorhome up the drive in full view of our front window. The son was actually OK but the parents were defo. 2p short (especially the mother) and would cause havoc for no reason. Boy were we glad when they moved out.

I can only sympathise with your circumstances but at least there is light at the end of the tunnel and you'll be elsewhere with your missus.

My advice on the car, just leave it, it's not worth the hassle, these people cannot be reasoned with unless your willing to get your hands dirty and that usually ends in bother with the local plod.

Hey it's only 2 months, 8 weeks or so. The fact that you've got an escape will be enough to keep you going. Just look forward to weekends with the missus and it'll fly past.

Avalyn.
Old 18 July 2007, 03:56 PM
Scoobyspanners
Scooby Regular

If She is clamming benefits try keeping an eye on when She is in or out. If you think She is working try reporting Her as a benefit cheat, and to social services abandonment of Her kid if it is left roaming the Streets at all Hours. Scum bags always worry about loss of benefits, quite a few do work on the side and claim. Is She spilt from Her ex? Someone may be paying visits to see the kid and be paying child support, if so then let Him know what She has been allowing Her kid to get up to, He may be interested and put pressure on Her. Set up a Vid Camera to cover your car if possible, may be useful as evidence if you ever get to take Her to court, or for the social services. Try putting pressure on the Housing association by getting legal advice and letting them know you may be thinking about taking legal action.Have a look at laws on line, quick link below may help...........

Anti-social behaviour : Directgov - Crime, justice and the law

Good luck!
Old 18 July 2007, 03:57 PM
Bodgit
Scooby Regular

find her mobile number and place it on as many toilet walls and phoneboxes advertising her services.

Seriously though, neighbour issues can be a pain especially now you have to disclose these during house sales. If you complain now or later your house purchaser can claim against you for non disclosure. It would then be up to you to prove there were no issues at the time of filling in the forms.

The law nowadays falls on the side of the anti social neighbour. Count yourself lucky you sold it, smile as you leave and hope your new area suits you and your wife better.

Trending Topics

Old 18 July 2007, 04:06 PM
D.K.1
Scooby Regular

I am shocked that the housing association haven't done anything about them

I used to have a neighbour who without fail would go out every weekend and leave her kid sister in charge of her kids, so it ended up being all ngiht parties every Friday and Satrday with music blaring and lots of shouting and carrying on right until about 7am, I called the police a few times because they ended up fighting, throwing glass bottles and smashing them in the alley I had to walk through and they urinated there too, which I disinfected They're animals and a disgrace to be left in charge of children, it disturbed me all night and often disturbed my children.

After the police had been called a few times I was advised to log it with the council and call environmental health, which I did and they started asking me to record in writing all the events, unfortunately I moved before having enough for them to come out with their sound recording equipment to detect noise pollution etc, so they have got away with it, but not before a ffew strongly worded letters from the council, which the occupants bleated about
and the grandmother apologised to the neighbours, all for it to still be exactly the same, it drove me mad!! So I can imagine how you feel with the dog and the other things they are doing.

When I lived in a HA house, the HS wre very fast in dealing with nuisance neighbours and some got evicted (not my neighbours but general nuisances on the estate) and unless they have different rules in different areas, they should do the same for you!!
Old 18 July 2007, 04:51 PM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

What did you do when you saw the kid kicking his ball? Tell him not to do it, it's damaging the car etc.... If so, it's dealt with unless he does it again. At which point, buy a tank and run his ball over or confiscate it.

Kids only learn from being told what's right and what's wrong.

J.
Old 18 July 2007, 05:04 PM
Leebo77
Scooby Regular

Certainly not just confined to specific areas. Some f***** keyed my motor only a month after I bought it.

Problem is, there is a social problem of lazy bas***** that can't be bothered to work or bring their kids up properly.

I've got 2 kids and if either of them used a car as a goal, they'd get a damn good slap. Confront the b*tch, see what she says. If you get nowhere, burst the little g*ts ball!
Good luck with the move
Old 18 July 2007, 08:55 PM
Panthro
Scooby Regular

We're not all bad in Berkshire mate. As said, it doesnt matter where you go, people will be the same c**** that they are all over the country.
Old 18 July 2007, 10:08 PM
98RED
Scooby Regular

Cool THE DOG

rat poison on meat over fence, no more barking dog!
Old 18 July 2007, 11:26 PM
Boost II
Scooby Regular

They had the right idea back in the 50's/60's when they built all the council houses in one part of town and all the executive houses in a different estate.

Now that new labour insist on putting housing association homes in every neighbourhood, you just can't win.

There is a whole new development of luxury £450k-650k houses near me but because of the people in the few housing association houses they put in racing mopeds all night and taking drugs etc the whole place is a living hell for the resisents.

Its as bad as having gypsies moving in to be honest - they seem to have same sort of attitude in these association places - but you can't even get the fekkers to atleast tarmac your drive
Old 18 July 2007, 11:31 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

**** her ..... take the kid in as your own for a few months & then just do a moonlight flitting ..... ps make sure you tell the wife to go stay with the inlaws for the next few months, put the onus on her saying you dont want her stressed out with the move.

Good Luck & make sure you post up a daily blog with pictures
Old 18 July 2007, 11:39 PM
noobyscooby
Scooby Regular

Whatever you do, DO NOT disclose on the form your solicitor will give you, that you have had neighbour problems. Bodgit is right to say you are supposed to but if you want to complete the sale, lie!

Anybody who has neighbour problems has my sympathy but the quickest way to make your house unsaleable or to reduce its value by tens of thousands of pounds is to make formal complaints so never complain in your own name!

Whilst you may well have right on your side, don't depend upon being able to exercise "your rights". First, weigh up the long term costs as to whether or not you can put up with the problems, or move.

Fighting your corner just because you think you are right isn't always sensible even though appearing to give in to complete ar****les might really p*** you off, your wife and kids often end up bearing the brunt of both your anger at the problem and the little toerags who have created it.

Last edited by noobyscooby; 18 July 2007 at 11:41 PM. Reason: left words out
Old 18 July 2007, 11:43 PM
Soulgirl
Scooby Regular

I have a nice air rifle for sale! ???

Seriously, as the saying goes.... keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

Then, when you've got her hook line and sinker, **** the btich over

Last edited by Soulgirl; 18 July 2007 at 11:46 PM. Reason: coz I can
Old 19 July 2007, 05:25 AM
Simon 69
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sti-04!!
**** her ..... take the kid in as your own for a few months & then just do a moonlight flitting.....
Quality advice as usual Ste!

Old 19 July 2007, 06:20 AM
DJ Vinyl Ritchie
BANNED

It could be worse, you could be living in a remote part of Africa - surrounded by rats and acres of turds and generally upto your nuts in guts

Look on the bright side.

As the cat is away.....so to speak, horse it up your neighbour, it's a good way of getting your ''moneys worth'' from the damage her son caused to your car. She's probably gagging for a bit of rough anyway.

Failing that - invest in a set of ear plugs for the duration of your stay

DJ Vinyl Ritchie.........BEWARE: If she has a 'hippos yawn'.....go in head first, son
Old 19 July 2007, 08:45 AM
wrxsti280
Scooby Regular

sorry to hear about your predicament mate, i would see if the missus can have the car where she is living, and then use public transport until you move. i know this is less than ideal, but at least the car will be reletively safe
Old 19 July 2007, 09:16 AM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

Originally Posted by noobyscooby
Whatever you do, DO NOT disclose on the form your solicitor will give you, that you have had neighbour problems. Bodgit is right to say you are supposed to but if you want to complete the sale, lie!
Yes do that! Then get sued, sued to hell and back when it comes out in conversation sometime in the future - you know, a chat with neighbours, a conversation with the local bobby or whatever "Ooo yeah them that lived in number @~@ had a right bad time with 'em" etc etc : thumb: All that lovely money you though you had saved - gone to the new homeowner and two sets of solictors With advice like that, who needs enemies