Sponsored by:

Geometry and Scoobyclinic

Search this Thread

Old 05 July 2007, 05:22 PM
ScoobyWeb
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Geometry and Scoobyclinic

Ok, I want to hear from anyone who has had their geometry setup by Scoobyclinic. Need to get mine done ASAP and would like to know peoples experience with SC. Did you notice a vast improvement afterwards with the handling, Understeer, and tyre wear rates. Only people who have had this done at the Clinic. I know what the benefits are but would like to know if people felt a difference after having it done at the clinic.
TSL want £165 + VAT for this which I think is way too expensive when others only charge half that amount. TSL & Powerstation use the same type of machine but the Clinic uses a different machine.
Be nice to hear from people.

Cheers, Chris.
Old 05 July 2007, 05:57 PM
scousefly
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down Flame suit on

I had my geometry 'checked' and 'adjusted' by this place cause my rear passenger side tyre was wearing badly, they charged £120 and said the rear was fine but the front toe in/out was off by 1 degree. I bought some whiteline gear off them but decided to get it fitted elsewhere as they were outta the way an busy.
I went to TSL they did the rear links an rollbar but couldnt budge the bolts for the anti lift kit to go on, the car at some time had been kerbed heavily before I bought it so they stuck it on their machine and the toe in/out was actually off by 7 degrees hence the bad tyre wear.
I ended up buying a new subframe and it was fitted and the fast road setup done by them and it was a changed car
I tried to get summit outta triangle subaru in chesterfield for the subframe but they weren't playing and I went back to scoobyclinic to tell them of my findings and could I have my £120 back I was told NO and that TSL's degrees must be different from their's
I have the before an after printouts from TSL but never got them from the clinic as they dont provide them.

And before all the clinic stalwarts start this is what happened to me you werent there and as I have already said I have the paperwork to back my story up. The question was asked and I replied so its up to the party asking to make a decision

Last edited by scousefly; 05 July 2007 at 06:00 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05 July 2007, 06:13 PM
ScoobyWeb
Scooby Regular

Hi Pal, I remember reading about your probs with the clinic thats why I am asking for peoples experience with them. As said TSL want £165 + VAT but the clinic want only £85, Bit of a no brainer you would think but I am reluctant to get it done with them until I hear from others re their experience.

Cheers for your input, Chris.
Old 05 July 2007, 06:21 PM
scousefly
Scooby Regular

Default No probs

Im in sheffield as well so taking the car upto nottingham wasnt taken lightly an to be honest if the clinic could have fitted me in I prbably would have got the whiteline gear fitted by them in hindsight im glad things turned out the way they did
When I went up to TSL the first time they only charged £125 they recently put there prices up cause I had to to pay the price you quoted when I went for a recheck. I also had my 2 piece alloys refurbed well 4 of 6 and tony who did them said that the first 2 I had done which where changed by triangle before I picked the car up had deffo been kerbed very badly as the concrete kerb markings where right into the rims so much so he had to weld them first to build them up then he diamond cut the rim and repainted the inners and for £60 a wheel the quality is second to none
Old 05 July 2007, 06:52 PM
ScoobyWeb
Scooby Regular

I don't doubt TSL one bit as far as their ability to set the geometry, but £165 is a lot of money for this type of service. It would actually work out cheaper for me to travel down to powerstation and get it done there.

Chris.
Old 05 July 2007, 06:55 PM
Ozzy_B
Scooby Regular

had full suspension fitted, all my whiteline gear and geom all done by scoobyclinic, handles perfect, and with the recent addition of a whiteline rear arb the handling is awesome, I know the odd person might have a bad experience, but I certainly wouldnt pay £165 for geom when I know, as ive had it done a few times, that it will be perfect after paying £85 at clinic , but each to their own
Old 05 July 2007, 07:22 PM
suffolkdar
Scooby Regular

If you have a handle on the spanners and can go out and test drive for a few hours then do it all your self, It's easy!, I did a search on here(not as easy now)to get some starting points and after about 2 hours mucking about I got the car going around corners like a hot hatch! Tyre wear is on a par with a normal sti.............
Old 06 July 2007, 05:34 PM
RICH S202
Scooby Regular

I took my old WRX RA to my local Subaru dealership as most places were charging over £100. They only charged about £50 and provided me with a detailed printout of before and after geometry changes. Handling was much improved and very noticable. They are cheaper on some things but more expensive on other things. I got excellent value for my money.