Sponsored by:

Faulty clutch

Search this Thread

Old 01 July 2007, 04:06 PM
assti
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Faulty clutch

After my on going problem with my clutch slipping when the weather was frosty I decided to replace it. I purchased one at a good price (so I thought) through a group buy off here from a company called CAMSKILL.

I decided I'll let the professionals fit it so took it to a reputable garage to have it sorted. After picking the car up and paying my money the clutch didn't feel right at all, it was juddering that bad my CD player would jump. I spoke to the garage who said give it a couple of hundred miles to see if it beds in. After approx 300 miles it was no better so I took it back to the garage who said they would strip it down again and have a look.

It turns out that the clutch itself is faulty, So the suppliers (CAMSKILL) were contacted who first said the clutch is ment to be like that, And after numerous promises of them ringing back yet them having to be purshued have said that I'll have to buy another clutch off them, My clutch will have to be sent back to them who will send it to Japan and exeedy will say if it's faulty or not and maybe I'll get some money back.

Now this to me sounded like sh*t due to there reluctency to cooperate, the clutch would probably sit in there store for a month until I chase it back up only then to be told Exeedy say the clutch is not faulty and for me to end up with no clutch and no money.

Anyway I couldn't have my car off the road for any longer so I've ended up having an other clutch supplyed and fitted obviously with me paying again for the clutch and labour.

My question now is what would you do now in order to try to recouperate some of the cost? I'm trying to contact exedy direct but don't seem to be getting anyware. Any Ideas??????

Also has anybody else had problems with exeedy clutches?
Old 01 July 2007, 04:17 PM
Daz1121
Scooby Regular

I've recently had an exedy clutch fitted to my MY00 T2000. It had a terrible judder for the 50miles or so and had since settled down and is judder free.
Old 01 July 2007, 04:22 PM
Scooby Senior

The flywheel must be skimmed on having a new clutch. you can get it done locally for 20-30 quid.

Can't see the clutch being at fault, just that the garage didn't skim the flywheel
Old 01 July 2007, 05:05 PM
scooty
Scooby Regular

This is not meant as a criticism but with genuine parts carrying a 3 year/60000 mile warranty against manufacturing defect it's a shame you didn't try one.

These days lots of wear and tear products are also part of MRP - maximum retail price - a competitive price set by Subaru Europe, accross europe. A price that all official euro importers and dealers have to stick by. Means in reality that prices are near/cheaper than non genuine products.

S
Old 01 July 2007, 05:26 PM
Zola-the-master
Scooby Regular

Flywheels DO NOT need skimming when clutchs are replaced.
Old 01 July 2007, 05:49 PM
assti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 500
The flywheel must be skimmed on having a new clutch. you can get it done locally for 20-30 quid.

Can't see the clutch being at fault, just that the garage didn't skim the flywheel
Sorry should of said ,the flywheel was skimmed.
Old 01 July 2007, 06:04 PM
Ian
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if thet send the clutch back to japan, i think all this has to be done in a max of 3 months, and you have the right to view/copy of the report the came back from it.

and then if it turns out to be faulty, you are intilted to a refund.
Old 01 July 2007, 06:32 PM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zola-the-master
Flywheels DO NOT need skimming when clutchs are replaced.
Depends, sometimes you do if the flywheel is worn. Mine was worn and so it was replaced on an exchange basis, my old one will be skimmed and sold on etc etc