Sponsored by:

just done ecu reset on my98

Search this Thread

Old 12 June 2007, 08:24 PM
jbabrh
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just done ecu reset on my98

hi, been having the common running probs fora while now, nothing to serious just dropping revs (whilst dipping clutch at junction) and general lack of performance. anyway went out tonight to read and reset ecu and come accross some interesting codes. 23 and 24 maf and iscv. the maf code i think results from me disconnecting a week ago to see if it would stall, so it probably emited the code then. the second i havent disconnected so im wondering if this is the root of my troubles, its certainly one of the most obvious. the one thing i dont understand is why i havent noticed the cel light on whilst driving at all. so why are there codes stored without the cel light coming on? anyway reset the ecu once the cel light confirmed reset, after a few minutes running i read the memory again and it had cleared so will wait again to see if the iscv code appears again. took the car out for a quick run just after and the car felt a bit sharper. any thoughts
Old 12 June 2007, 09:00 PM
MY,k436suy
Scooby Regular

The second code you mention has been read but not cleared in the past (i think) , so you have now cleared that fault code,if it's been run on a low grade fuel at any time the ecu adjust's ignition to suit, resetting it has now made the ecu adjust ignition etc to factory setting. I think thats correct anyway!
Old 13 June 2007, 12:23 AM
94legturbo
Scooby Regular

i've had a code 24 recently, and i changed the icv, and even though it didnt sort my running problems, it hasnt come back yet.

the Cel light on my car will only come on if something is quite critical to safe running/driving of the car. otherwise it can sit there unnoticed until you do a check.

i normally check whenever it feels like somethings a little wrong. the annoyance comes when you have problems that dont appear as cel's and you have to try and track them down...
Old 13 June 2007, 08:26 PM
jbabrh
Scooby Regular

thanks for the replys guys. the faults with no code are the worst for sure but even if there is code its not always as simple as it seems. anyway if the idle valve is on its way out will it just cause idle problems or can this cause lean running? does anybody have a good spare or will i have to bite the bullet. £280 is a lot of money though if it doesnt totaly cure it

Last edited by jbabrh; 13 June 2007 at 08:28 PM.