Sponsored by:

Ever been Baited?!

Search this Thread

Old 11 June 2007, 08:50 AM
cfc2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ever been Baited?!

Coming home down the a1 yesterday eveining, got to south mimms and was at the last traffic lights on the roundabout before the m25 slip. Pulled up behind a octavia rs black with heavily tinted windows. He took of like a bat outa hell flying up the slip road and in normal circumstances i would have playfully followed him as i know these are decent cars. On this occassion however i had the misses and my lil girl asleep in the back so a casual approach to cornering and acceleration had to be adopted. Fitting in with the flow on the m25 west bound i'm supprised to see the octavia cruising along in the slow lane(cause i hadn't taken the bait) glancing across i am supprised to see stab/flak jackets and short sleeved white shirts sported by a burly pair of blokes in the front seats woooo!!!
After about 3 miles they came screaming past after hanging back for a while and you could see all the lights and stuff on the rear shelf (does it pop up from the boot as i failed to notice it at the traffic lights)
Is this a normal tactic? have you avoided it or been caught in this fiendish trap!!!

stories please......................
Old 11 June 2007, 08:52 AM
[Davey]
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been followed by a traffic car that has sat VERY close to my rear obviously hopeing that I might push it a bit.. Thats about it really lol! if I see someone driving like a **** I dont normally pay much attention so who knows
Old 11 June 2007, 08:55 AM
girl-in-a-scoob
Scooby Regular

yeah, My mum got caught once... Mondeo screaming up behind her .. pulling over to let him past and then him pulling in in front and slowing down... over take him... he speeds up... bang got ya...
Old 11 June 2007, 09:03 AM
MJW
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by [Davey]
I've been followed by a traffic car that has sat VERY close to my rear obviously hopeing that I might push it a bit.. Thats about it really lol! if I see someone driving like a **** I dont normally pay much attention so who knows
Hanging onto your bumper *is* driving like a **** ! Should've slammed on like someone else did on here
Old 11 June 2007, 09:05 AM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

A new golf gti tried this over the weekend. I was in the outside lane when he (and his 3 pals) decided to inspect my ar%e for some reason! So I moved into the left hand lane to let him past. But he just followed me across. It wasn't until about a minute later (after I had slowly reduced my speed down to 50mph! ) did he realise that it wasn't going to happen. He then shot past me at atleast 70mph i'd say. What a guy!
Old 11 June 2007, 09:09 AM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

I tried baiting this guy to do over 90mph, didnt work tho

Old 11 June 2007, 09:11 AM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

'Once this baby hits 88mph.....you're gonna see some serious ****!' Pure class!
Old 11 June 2007, 10:43 AM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by chrispurvis100
A new golf gti tried this over the weekend. I was in the outside lane when he (and his 3 pals) decided to inspect my ar%e for some reason! So I moved into the left hand lane to let him past. But he just followed me across. It wasn't until about a minute later (after I had slowly reduced my speed down to 50mph! ) did he realise that it wasn't going to happen. He then shot past me at atleast 70mph i'd say. What a guy!
That's a funny game: how slow can you get before they give up!!
Old 11 June 2007, 10:52 AM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

When I was a kid a rosser flew up behind me on the way into Amesbury. I was doing spot on 60mph and as I got close to the 30mph limit. I braked hard to get to the speed limit. He must have been doing 80 or more when he came up behind and was a little suprised he had to get down to 30 so quickly

He stopped me and was visably red in the face and not happy ....... Basically he thought I was going to speed through the village and was trying to get close enough to guage my speed before he put the disco's on. As it was he got a little closer than he bargained for
Old 11 June 2007, 11:24 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04
That's a funny game: how slow can you get before they give up!!
Thats the strange thing, go too slow and your nicked too lol.
In theory if they are a video car, and "bait" you, then they can end up in trouble too.

A friend was once stopped by a lone traffic officer in a video car. Plonked in the back, camera turned on him and a short interview, the guy asked the officer what he used to measure his speed.
On showing the screen, and controls he explained how he activated the system, saw the readout, confirmed it with something else etc.

At which point the guy asked the officer if he did not consider the use of a media type device while in charge of a vehicle a blatent offence of driving without due care.........

He walked with a caution.

Lucky huh
Old 11 June 2007, 11:27 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gutmann pug
When I was a kid a rosser flew up behind me on the way into Amesbury. I was doing spot on 60mph and as I got close to the 30mph limit. I braked hard to get to the speed limit. He must have been doing 80 or more when he came up behind and was a little suprised he had to get down to 30 so quickly

He stopped me and was visably red in the face and not happy ....... Basically he thought I was going to speed through the village and was trying to get close enough to guage my speed before he put the disco's on. As it was he got a little closer than he bargained for
Have had similar at 5am.
On way to work, van doing 20 mph, undertook him as he refused to move over, just as I got infront we crossed a controlled junction.
Police car saw this and came after on blues and 2's

Obeying his instruction to pull over, I did so........ jusssssssssssssst round a 90 degree corner. Like you, the officer was still going some when he rounded the corner. I was not blocking the road or anything, just legally stopped in the left lane (bus lane)
He stopped about 15-20 yards past me, and reversed back lol
Old 11 June 2007, 12:18 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by Snazy
In theory if they are a video car, and "bait" you, then they can end up in trouble too.

A friend was once stopped by a lone traffic officer in a video car. Plonked in the back, camera turned on him and a short interview, the guy asked the officer what he used to measure his speed.
On showing the screen, and controls he explained how he activated the system, saw the readout, confirmed it with something else etc.

At which point the guy asked the officer if he did not consider the use of a media type device while in charge of a vehicle a blatent offence of driving without due care.........

Lucky huh
LOL, not sure I'd try that with police!!

I was referring to general public baiters!
Old 11 June 2007, 01:32 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04

I was referring to general public baiters!
Aaaah, sod them lol.
Let them do their own things.

Only normal reaction from me is staging at traffic lights, set the revs....... off ya go then sonny!
Old 11 June 2007, 01:37 PM
sturu
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Snazy

Lucky huh
we don't know any one that got banned for going to slow do we snazy pmsl and no i wasn't me or snazy and i think i might know who the guy who walked witht he caution is to got me out of a few scrapes lol

Last edited by sturu; 11 June 2007 at 01:40 PM.
Old 11 June 2007, 05:20 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

Would LOVE a copper to tailgate off the back of my car....... just for the opportunity to push down the anchor pedal.....

I've got a nice big tow bar on the back

Dan
Old 11 June 2007, 05:27 PM
stara
Scooby Regular

i don't think he'd be too impressed...........anyhoo, apparantley my mate from swansea says theres 2 unmarked black evo's or imprezas (my mate doesn't really know cars) who are masters at baiting, they drive up v quick and then tailgate behind anything sporty until the car in front speeds or dangerous drives or whatever.....nice.
Old 12 June 2007, 09:38 AM
scooby_girlie
Scooby Regular

Talking

My mate got baited by police here in NI. They were in a black evo - she was in a Prelude. Same story; driving in 50mph zone, they sit right up her a**e, so she sppeds up to 57mph, they stop her, give fine/points etc. However, she disputed it, saying that she felt threatened as the car was driving so close, and had sped up slightly only because she felt it was unsafe with them so close. She got the local MP involved as well. She made the initial complaint directly to the station sergeant, and he said, (obviously beleiving her to be lying), that it would be very easy to prove if they did indeed 'bait' her, due to the on board camera and equipment. She continued to insist that they did bait her, and he said they would be in contact with her. She made the formal comlaint to the ombudsman.

A couple of weeks later she got a written apology for the 'distress caused', a personal hand-written apology from the two officers who were involved, and they had disciplinary procedures taken against them LOL.

At last they got their comeuppance!!!
Old 12 June 2007, 10:06 AM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooby_girlie
My mate got baited by police here in NI. They were in a black evo - she was in a Prelude. Same story; driving in 50mph zone, they sit right up her a**e, so she sppeds up to 57mph, they stop her, give fine/points etc. However, she disputed it, saying that she felt threatened as the car was driving so close, and had sped up slightly only because she felt it was unsafe with them so close. She got the local MP involved as well. She made the initial complaint directly to the station sergeant, and he said, (obviously beleiving her to be lying), that it would be very easy to prove if they did indeed 'bait' her, due to the on board camera and equipment. She continued to insist that they did bait her, and he said they would be in contact with her. She made the formal comlaint to the ombudsman.

A couple of weeks later she got a written apology for the 'distress caused', a personal hand-written apology from the two officers who were involved, and they had disciplinary procedures taken against them LOL.

At last they got their comeuppance!!!
Cool story.

I'm off to Le Mans - now ! Byeeeeee!
Old 12 June 2007, 10:09 AM
IRC450STI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Sonic'
I tried baiting this guy to do over 90mph, didnt work tho

Wow! thats marty macfly dont mess with him cos he will take you back to the future
Old 12 June 2007, 10:30 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sturu
we don't know any one that got banned for going to slow do we snazy pmsl and no i wasn't me or snazy and i think i might know who the guy who walked witht he caution is to got me out of a few scrapes lol

lol I reckon we do AND they drove a Scooby at one point lol
As for the other person..... God awful laugh!! thats all im sayin.
Old 12 June 2007, 11:44 AM
Sammy Speakeasy
Scooby Newbie

Everyone knwos that the police are masterbaiters.
Old 12 June 2007, 12:29 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Sammy Speakeasy
Everyone knwos that the police are masterbaiters.

chortle chortle
Old 12 June 2007, 02:05 PM
nugnah
Scooby Newbie

with ref to the cars around south wales, the police have a black FQ400, and it's quick.

cheers jason
Old 12 June 2007, 05:53 PM
serega
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

omg lol