Sponsored by:

with my tax money!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10 June 2007, 12:38 PM
leemonkeh
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry with my tax money!!!!

was in cheltenham last night, picked up some friends and was heading to the pub for some dinner.. was passed by the police in there brand new EVO 8 as they both stare right at me.. i carry on at my 35 mph. coming back from the pub i'm waiting to pull out from a junction as the same cops pass and stare again and slow right down to a walking speed.. i pull out behind them as they contine loking in there mirrors.. i then turn in to my freinds street as the cops turn around and follow me in. i get out the car and into my mates house and see the cops out the window. i have a cup of tea before heading off home. only to see the cop and there EVO 8 again as i pull in to a petrol station. and yes they were waiting down the road when i came out. they followed me for a while but never stopped me.

i f**Kin hate them. wasting my tax money on a evo 8 so they can drive around trying scare you. !!!!!!! do they see scoobs as a car ppl can't drive around without causing trouble or something!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
Old 10 June 2007, 12:45 PM
Luckyscoob
Scooby Regular

You sure they were cops mate. Sounds strange behaviour to me as they wouldnt normally waste that sort of time on one car. If they wanted to stop you they would have done. Hopefully it wasnt somebody upto no good
Old 10 June 2007, 12:54 PM
rks275
Scooby Regular

I'd expect them to be police lucky, as the police around cheltenham have an EVO8 with full police liverary, apparently it has been tuned too.
Old 10 June 2007, 12:55 PM
[Davey]
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If its an unmarked car why not report it for displaying strange behaviour and scareing you but dont make out you know they are plod.. That should wind them up
Old 10 June 2007, 01:00 PM
richie001
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rks275
I'd expect them to be police lucky, as the police around cheltenham have an EVO8 with full police liverary, apparently it has been tuned too.
been repaired 3 times because they crashed twice it and it got rammed by a stolen range rover
Old 10 June 2007, 01:05 PM
richie001
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by leemonkeh
was in cheltenham last night, picked up some friends and was heading to the pub for some dinner.. was passed by the police in there brand new EVO 8 as they both stare right at me.. i carry on at my 35 mph. coming back from the pub i'm waiting to pull out from a junction as the same cops pass and stare again and slow right down to a walking speed.. i pull out behind them as they contine loking in there mirrors.. i then turn in to my freinds street as the cops turn around and follow me in. i get out the car and into my mates house and see the cops out the window. i have a cup of tea before heading off home. only to see the cop and there EVO 8 again as i pull in to a petrol station. and yes they were waiting down the road when i came out. they followed me for a while but never stopped me.

i f**Kin hate them. wasting my tax money on a evo 8 so they can drive around trying scare you. !!!!!!! do they see scoobs as a car ppl can't drive around without causing trouble or something!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

i seen the coppers driving around in the evo quite alot in cheltenham and never had any problem like that i've even had some friendly banter about me owning a impreza,what part of cheltenham were you in maybe that might be the reason because alot of imprezas and other performance cars have been stolen in gloucestershire

Last edited by richie001; 10 June 2007 at 01:14 PM.
Old 10 June 2007, 01:21 PM
leemonkeh
Scooby Regular

yeah it was the stickered up cop car... just gets on my nerves a bit how they seame to target ppl. i don't mind them running my plates on the computer if there following me but i know that everything is in order on my scoob and i don't drive around like a tit so don't give them any reason to give me trouble.

who eles is from cheltenham on here then? i've seen a lovely blue scoob going around with a roof scoop.. prob the best looking scoob i've seen.
Old 10 June 2007, 01:42 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

They have to have something to keep up with the TWOC'ers when they nick your scoob though!

Seriously, a lot of the forces have been lent Mitsi's by the company to trial them, and see if they would be interested in purchasing. A lot are just long term demo's that have done the rounds of a few forces. Prob the same Evo Essex police were using a couple of years back.

Saying that..... HEMS have a fleet of Impreza's, sponsored by Subaru UK. Damn they look mad on the fly!
Old 10 June 2007, 01:43 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Last edited by Snazy; 10 June 2007 at 01:45 PM.
Old 10 June 2007, 01:49 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Aaaah here we go, found it...

The Loaner...

Notice the lack of constabulary markings on it.
Loads more examples of exotics and expensive cars.

UK Emergency Vehicles > Police > Police 26
Old 10 June 2007, 01:52 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Sorry to go on but....

Here is one for you..

This is a Sussex Police Yamaha R1. Unlike many police superbikes, this one is not just a PR machine used at bike shows and so on, this one is fully operational. While it clearly doesn't have panniers this is not a problem as the bike works in the city of Brighton & Hove and support is always nearby. The lack of on board radio equipment is no longer an issue either with the arrival or personal airwave radios. The R1 has been decked out in yellow base colour with blue chequers over the top and was spotted at a vehicle evaluation day at Goodwood race circuit.
Old 10 June 2007, 01:53 PM
leemonkeh
Scooby Regular

you'd never guess its a cop car ay

mind you other times i've seen the evo 8 aroung chelt its always flooring it of the lights an looks like the cop driving its just out having fun.
Old 10 June 2007, 01:56 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

They still make Evo 8s then ?
Old 10 June 2007, 01:57 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Have a look thru that site, shows some more detailed spec of what they are being used for etc
Glad you mentioned this now, its good to see what they have these days.

2 55 plate Evo's being used for ANPR interceptors!!
Old 10 June 2007, 02:41 PM
MY,k436suy
Scooby Regular

Notice the reg on the doctors scoob FFS!!
Old 10 June 2007, 03:17 PM
funkyspider
Scooby Regular

bit paranoid aren't you, been smoking a few too many herbal ciggies have we ?

What would you like the police to do instead ? They buy performance cars because *news flash - car thieves steal performance cars, just like yours *

They then drive around in their rapid response cars waiting for a call or because they believe a particular person to be active in an area looking to steal - wait for it - your car ! Are you getting the general jist of any of this ?

When your door gets kicked in, your keys taken and your car driven away at 'stolen' speeds you will be the first to thank them if the same evo catches the thieves and returns your car.

If you haven't done anything wrong then why worry and stop whining like a baby.
Old 10 June 2007, 03:25 PM
richie001
Scooby Regular

who else is from cheltenham on here then?
me
Old 10 June 2007, 04:52 PM
Nido
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Snazy
Sorry to go on but....

Here is one for you..

This is a Sussex Police Yamaha R1. Unlike many police superbikes, this one is not just a PR machine used at bike shows and so on, this one is fully operational. While it clearly doesn't have panniers this is not a problem as the bike works in the city of Brighton & Hove and support is always nearby. The lack of on board radio equipment is no longer an issue either with the arrival or personal airwave radios. The R1 has been decked out in yellow base colour with blue chequers over the top and was spotted at a vehicle evaluation day at Goodwood race circuit.

Err, that's not an R1.

Triumph 675 more like
Old 10 June 2007, 04:55 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Looks like an 06 R1 to me, but then I know jack about bikes. Just looks like my mates at work. His definatly has 2 wheels anyway lol.

FFS = Fookin Fast Scooby
Old 10 June 2007, 08:56 PM
gljam
Scooby Regular

who eles is from cheltenham on here then? i've seen a lovely blue scoob going around with a roof scoop.. prob the best looking scoob i've seen.
not me is it???

Old 10 June 2007, 09:19 PM
FLAT ERIC
Scooby Regular

Location: You only live ONCE But if you do it right >>>>> ONCE is enough
Smile

2 55 plate Evo's being used for ANPR interceptors!!
Well known by the ESC.

Mark
Old 10 June 2007, 09:55 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

lol is there a story which goes with this ??
Old 10 June 2007, 10:01 PM
scubasteve
Scooby Regular

and the goverment say were the cause of global warming! what cheek when the cop use vehicles like these
Old 10 June 2007, 11:20 PM
leemonkeh
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by funkyspider
bit paranoid aren't you, been smoking a few too many herbal ciggies have we ?

What would you like the police to do instead ? They buy performance cars because *news flash - car thieves steal performance cars, just like yours *

They then drive around in their rapid response cars waiting for a call or because they believe a particular person to be active in an area looking to steal - wait for it - your car ! Are you getting the general jist of any of this ?

When your door gets kicked in, your keys taken and your car driven away at 'stolen' speeds you will be the first to thank them if the same evo catches the thieves and returns your car.

If you haven't done anything wrong then why worry and stop whining like a baby.
well you would be a bit paranoid too if you'd been pulled over 47 times!
Old 10 June 2007, 11:31 PM
FLAT ERIC
Scooby Regular

Location: You only live ONCE But if you do it right >>>>> ONCE is enough
Smile

lol is there a story which goes with this ??
It turned up during the ESC Tunnel run in October last year. But it was all good & Tissy as well as owning a Scooby has been known to wear a pink ESC shirt, but not when on duty.

https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-scoo...ml#post6298055

Originally Posted by Tissy
I think you'll find the 2 nice Policemen in the EVO actually called to find out if it was going to be open later on to assist you.
Originally Posted by bibo_boy
Agree, the Evo cops were great and Little BB loved his "drive" at the wheel of it!!!!!!
Mark
Old 10 June 2007, 11:57 PM
340BHP-WRX
Scooby Regular

Me,although my engine is poorly so might not be around in the scoob for a while
Old 11 June 2007, 12:29 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

well you would be a bit paranoid too if you'd been pulled over 47 times!
What the hell!! In how long? All for no reason ?

Aaah tunnel runs, got to love em
Old 11 June 2007, 09:20 AM
leemonkeh
Scooby Regular

What the hell!! In how long? All for no reason ?

Aaah tunnel runs, got to love em
yep..47 times in 5 years. only 3 of those times was i booked for something, the rest they were just wasting my time!
Old 11 June 2007, 11:33 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Jesus thats almost once a month!
So 44 were "random" stop checks, or did you part from some with comments like "keep the speed down" or " get that light sorted" ?

Is this all the same force doing this ?

If you get stopped monthly for anything more than a quick chat, I would be making a formal complaint.

Got to agree with others though, I would rather get the attention from the police, than the car get ignored. If its just a quick chat, 5 mins of your time, no biggy. Annoying but no biggy.

I got stopped in Epsom a while back when I had a vectra, the stop was just by my other half's house. The stop started with "you were going some round the one way system weren't ya" Nope.....
With this I asked could the missus leave us to it as she wanted to go home for the loo. That was fine, they let her go, so already its not a very serious stop.

Seconds later, the questions and honesty starts, "what are these like then, im thinking of getting one!" Grrrr.

After a 15 min talk about the car, suggestions on engine work etc, I was let go....... with a producer. They had to make the stop legit!! Cheers guys ! lol
Old 11 June 2007, 12:02 PM
leemonkeh
Scooby Regular

yep all cheltenham cops. i'd say 80% of stops are for nothing or they'd say something like just stopped you to check if the car is stolen or something like that. nevermind.. i just hate the fact that you get these boy racers racing around cheltenham town and seame to be getting away with it when all i want to do is drive my nice scooby without causing any trouble to anyone.

Quick Reply: with my tax money!!!!