Sponsored by:

Yet another point to the scumbag road users

Search this Thread

Old 09 June 2007, 03:51 PM
Stevesbluewrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yet another point to the scumbag road users

You guessed it, I'm going to be without a car AGAIN!!!

After applying some swissol to it yesterday afternoon I thought it would be nice to go for a nice drive down by the river .

I was behind a little green clio that had in front of that a lorry being towed by another lorry so I was doing a grand speed of 15 MPH. The Clio then indicates right to a driveway.......they then do that and I am now doing a speed of 5/8mph when all of a sudden I see a set of headlighs coming towards me and a car fish tailing.........

Being almost to a standstill there was little I could do........and BANG!! Down the side of the motor he goes. The **** in the Rover Coupe ended up backwards in the bushes.......me being the tit I am got out to see if he was ok. All this little ******** wanted to do was "exchange details mate" ....a complete **** jockey. He said also " I missed you mate didn't I" with a little smile on his face.

According to the many eye witnesses that saw the incident he was doing around 70 /80 MPH in a 40 Zone...........he was over taking 4 cars when he saw me on the other side of the road........ which resulted in him loosing it.

I lost my temper a couple of times as the little c##t was laughing about it.......the fella shate himself when I said to him I'd go through the coppers first before I ripped his head off.

I also smelt beer on his breath but they proved to be negative.

The car, well..........not to bad when you think of the speed it was hit at........the drivers door,passenger door and wing will need replacing and some repairs to the rear quarter.......need a new side skirt, wing mirror two new alloys but the thing that is worrying me is I think the steering arm is bent. I had no choice but to drive it home as the AA wouldn't come to collect it. All I could hear was banging noises from the drivers side front and rear.

So end result is.......another conversation with the useless Highway company and the countless out sourced route they seem to take and lets hope they contact the correct Police this time round (wonder if this one will end up on eBay too).....more back and neck problems.......NO CAR.................and where do I get it repaired? I don't have any faith in Highway what so ever to get my car repaired to a pro standard.

There you have it.

Steve
Old 09 June 2007, 04:58 PM
Norman Dog
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Get yourself straight to casualty suffering from back/neck pain.
Put in an immediate sicknote from work.
The pain will be so bad that you might need some physio.

Go and see a good solicitor/claims advisor.

While you are off sick from work you can claim on your mortgage protection policy and when the claim is settled, you also get compensated for loss of earnings through missed overtime etc.

You can claim for the de-valuation of your car due to it being repaired.

At the end of it all you should have a nice cheque for £5 to £6k.
Old 09 June 2007, 05:59 PM
MY,k436suy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Norman Dog

While you are off sick from work you can claim on your mortgage protection policy and when the claim is settled, you also get compensated for loss of earnings through missed overtime etc.

Second that,Excellent advice and highly advisable with the situation you have the misfortune to be in after all why should you now loose out especially to scum like that.
Old 09 June 2007, 06:26 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Definatly get yourself checked out mate, genuinly. I ended up off work for 3 months before after an accident, due to neck trauma, and an impact injury to my leg.

Secondly, why the hell would the AA not recover the car. RAC were amazing after my accident. Arranged transport for the family from the scene asap, recovery of the car. Up to date info on eta of the truck, follow up calls to check I was ok, solicitor appointed and made a big claim. Thats appauling.

As for the car, make sure it goes to a GOOD garage, of your choice.
Old 10 June 2007, 12:56 AM
shea2k
Scooby Regular

Jesus mate!!!!!! Sorry for your troubles man!!

****!! Hope all turns out ok for you in the end.
Nasty old business that...what a ****!!!
Old 10 June 2007, 03:52 AM
^OPM^
Scooby Regular

Ffs-u said u argued with him afterwards-so u obvioulsy wasn't hurt-so dont claim for injury-u obviously didn't suffer any-or u r just a money grabbing git-sort it out like men-his insurance sorts out ur car-end of!!!-sorted! yes tho claim for car being de-valued but dont claim for injury when u was obviously fine-what are you-man or mouse?
Old 10 June 2007, 08:33 AM
acko
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ^OPM^
Ffs-u said u argued with him afterwards-so u obvioulsy wasn't hurt-so dont claim for injury-u obviously didn't suffer any-or u r just a money grabbing git-sort it out like men-his insurance sorts out ur car-end of!!!-sorted! yes tho claim for car being de-valued but dont claim for injury when u was obviously fine-what are you-man or mouse?

adrenalin would be the reason for not feeling pain afterwards, then once your body goes back to normal thats when you start feeling the pain.
your comments are staggering so why not keep them to yourself.

your correct by putting that against your location near your name
Old 10 June 2007, 09:01 AM
misty
Scooby Regular

And you wonder why insurance premiums are so high? You are a ****!!!
Dave
Old 10 June 2007, 09:40 AM
wilkoca
Scooby Regular

Whiplash often doesnt kick in until the following day - when the muscles tighten. - troll

not good steve

you got my number mate

cya at meet soon

Chris
Old 10 June 2007, 01:12 PM
Stevesbluewrx
Scooby Regular

I can't believe what a ******** you are pal. For your information the paramedics did come and when they had a call on the radio about a stabbing near by I sent them on there way as that was life threatening. So your words of a money grabber is complete utter gob****e. I did get out of the car......well done. I think most people would if the same happend to them that wasn't no fault of there own.

The point of the matter is. The guy was being a **** doing twice the speed limit and had no respect for fellow road users. He could well have hit me head on.....we all now how that would have ended don't we. And to add to this my little boy could have been in the car with me. I don't think at 8 weeks he would have stood up so well to his dad do you!!!!! Hence why I didn't know my back was hurting so much.

Sorry to say this OPM and Misty.......but I had to go to a walk in centre (I'd rather not bother a A&E department when there could be someone in a lot more need than me) to get my back,neck and wrist checked out. They said I should have gone straight to A&E due to the fact my last crash (only 6 weeks ago) resulted in me rolling the car and hitting a van coming the other way.......

Forgive me if you think I am trying to push up insurance premiums. Sadly this is not my fault that we now have so many ***** on our roads today. I am not the sort of person just to claim for every little thing as I too get sick of scammers!!

Just to add to that......the lad who crashed into me was outside my house early evening last night checking out my place. So if I am a little sprung I'm sure most would forgive me for being a little stressed at present.

Shaun and Admin, when the hell are we going to ban troll ********* who have no respect what so ever and use these sites to give useless input.

Steve
Old 10 June 2007, 01:14 PM
Stevesbluewrx
Scooby Regular

Thanks Norman Dog for the advice mate. I will have to look into this more as I don't have faith in Highway to resolve this issue promtly.

Cheers Steve
Old 11 June 2007, 02:20 AM
Mass.
Scooby Regular

You ******* tw*t, let's hope when you have an accident people give you a bit more support. As stated before, the sentance by you're location is a perfect statement. Tit

Originally Posted by misty
And you wonder why insurance premiums are so high? You are a ****!!!
Dave
You obviously didn't read the first and most important post The reason for high insuranse premiums is because of ********* driving like the prat that hit Steve. Why that **** shouldn't he claim for as much as possible? He's lost out on far more than the other bloke.
Old 11 June 2007, 09:49 PM
Ste1711
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Stevesbluewrx
You guessed it, I'm going to be without a car AGAIN!!!

After applying some swissol to it yesterday afternoon I thought it would be nice to go for a nice drive down by the river .

I was behind a little green clio that had in front of that a lorry being towed by another lorry so I was doing a grand speed of 15 MPH. The Clio then indicates right to a driveway.......they then do that and I am now doing a speed of 5/8mph when all of a sudden I see a set of headlighs coming towards me and a car fish tailing.........

Being almost to a standstill there was little I could do........and BANG!! Down the side of the motor he goes. The **** in the Rover Coupe ended up backwards in the bushes.......me being the tit I am got out to see if he was ok. All this little ******** wanted to do was "exchange details mate" ....a complete **** jockey. He said also " I missed you mate didn't I" with a little smile on his face.

According to the many eye witnesses that saw the incident he was doing around 70 /80 MPH in a 40 Zone...........he was over taking 4 cars when he saw me on the other side of the road........ which resulted in him loosing it.

I lost my temper a couple of times as the little c##t was laughing about it.......the fella shate himself when I said to him I'd go through the coppers first before I ripped his head off.

I also smelt beer on his breath but they proved to be negative.

The car, well..........not to bad when you think of the speed it was hit at........the drivers door,passenger door and wing will need replacing and some repairs to the rear quarter.......need a new side skirt, wing mirror two new alloys but the thing that is worrying me is I think the steering arm is bent. I had no choice but to drive it home as the AA wouldn't come to collect it. All I could hear was banging noises from the drivers side front and rear.

So end result is.......another conversation with the useless Highway company and the countless out sourced route they seem to take and lets hope they contact the correct Police this time round (wonder if this one will end up on eBay too).....more back and neck problems.......NO CAR.................and where do I get it repaired? I don't have any faith in Highway what so ever to get my car repaired to a pro standard.

There you have it.

Steve

Sorry to hear about the crash, it's never good when that happens, I know. But look on the bright side, things could be worst, a lot worst, you could own a Rover Coupe!!!!!!
Old 11 June 2007, 11:37 PM
Stevesbluewrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ste1711
Sorry to hear about the crash, it's never good when that happens, I know. But look on the bright side, things could be worst, a lot worst, you could own a Rover Coupe!!!!!!
Very true mate.

Just annoying when on both times I was minding my own business when I first crash (23 April) pulled out on by a non-looking driver and second time on Friday night by some **** who shouldn't even be on the road in the first place.

Taking it tomorrow to get some places to look at it even though it's not really in a fit state.

Things will improve I'm sure.

Steve
Old 11 June 2007, 11:39 PM
Stevesbluewrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mass.
You ******* tw*t, let's hope when you have an accident people give you a bit more support. As stated before, the sentance by you're location is a perfect statement. Tit

You obviously didn't read the first and most important post The reason for high insuranse premiums is because of ********* driving like the prat that hit Steve. Why that **** shouldn't he claim for as much as possible? He's lost out on far more than the other bloke.

Hell yes. Hows your head now Mr Mass?

Steve
Old 12 June 2007, 06:04 PM
Mass.
Scooby Regular

Much bigger now, thank you Steven!
Old 12 June 2007, 06:05 PM
Mass.
Scooby Regular

Oh I forgot, what did the Cheam lot say mate?
Old 12 June 2007, 06:58 PM
marmski
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear this mate... hope all gets sorted out for u.

Old 13 June 2007, 12:23 AM
Stevesbluewrx
Scooby Regular

Oh I forgot, what did the Cheam lot say mate?
Went and got two quotations mate. One being Cheam Motors and the other from Accident Repar Centre in Horley. Moley gave me the number and I rang them and took it straight there.

Good news is......it is repairable at present. Accident Repar Centre stated a 6/9 week turn over time from the go ahead. Including a new rear 1/4.

Cheam think around 3 weeks.

However, due to the damage caused was giving a ruff price of 6k repair bill it is now down to the engineer to say if it is worth repairing it or not. Well choked up mate.

Also you need to get your muscles round here again. The n/s rear wheel is the buckled one mate and was catching the damage still. It has started eating the tyre.

Now waiting to hear what is happening next. Just hope it will be deemed ok to repair if not I don't know what I'll do.

As for your head......you must have had at least 2 lumps come up? Bet you didn't know your evo bonnet was that hard.

Next time your over mate it maybe an idea to have some dinner with me. I got my grub out the oven and you guessed it.....dry as sand.

Steve
Old 13 June 2007, 12:24 AM
Stevesbluewrx
Scooby Regular

Much bigger now, thank you Steven!
Oh those words..........you firemen can get away with that cheek. I'm used to the misses calling me that when I've done wrong.

Steve
Old 13 June 2007, 12:51 AM
Mass.
Scooby Regular

Went and got two quotations mate. One being Cheam Motors and the other from Accident Repar Centre in Horley. Moley gave me the number and I rang them and took it straight there.

Good news is......it is repairable at present. Accident Repar Centre stated a 6/9 week turn over time from the go ahead. Including a new rear 1/4.

Cheam think around 3 weeks.

However, due to the damage caused was giving a ruff price of 6k repair bill it is now down to the engineer to say if it is worth repairing it or not. Well choked up mate.

Also you need to get your muscles round here again. The n/s rear wheel is the buckled one mate and was catching the damage still. It has started eating the tyre.

Now waiting to hear what is happening next. Just hope it will be deemed ok to repair if not I don't know what I'll do.

As for your head......you must have had at least 2 lumps come up? Bet you didn't know your evo bonnet was that hard.

Next time your over mate it maybe an idea to have some dinner with me. I got my grub out the oven and you guessed it.....dry as sand.

Steve
Well at least it can be repaired mate! fingers crossed the guy says it's ok!

I'm at work from Thursday so I'm free tomorrow, as in Wed 13th, then it'll be Monday mate.

Yeah my bonnet was actually fackin' hard! LOL

Well if you insist I go through the same enduring agony, by eating your lovely womans food then, you're on Only joking Am
Old 13 June 2007, 01:47 AM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Steve, I've just got one question; Why the **** are you still using the car
Your ins co should have sorted you a courtesy car out straight away, it sounds like a garage would easily certify it undriveable
Old 13 June 2007, 02:23 AM
Stevesbluewrx
Scooby Regular

I had to get quotations. They are not down the road from me and was told to take it to them if "I felt safe" enough to do so.

They was supposed to call me today to arrange a car from the third party's insurance........I never got the call.

Steve
Old 13 June 2007, 02:30 AM
Stevesbluewrx
Scooby Regular

Well at least it can be repaired mate! fingers crossed the guy says it's ok!

I'm at work from Thursday so I'm free tomorrow, as in Wed 13th, then it'll be Monday mate.

Yeah my bonnet was actually fackin' hard! LOL

Well if you insist I go through the same enduring agony, by eating your lovely womans food then, you're on Only joking Am
That sounds liek your trying to suduce me? May have to catch up on the sleep tomorrow mate during the day. Got the doctors first thing in the morning. Shall I let you know when the nest is free from " Women" & Kyran?
I'm not suprised one bit your head hurts. Once was bad enough but twice.

As for the food comment. Your a brave man my son. You haven't seen whats for dessert.

Steve
Old 13 June 2007, 03:19 AM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Talking

I had to get quotations. They are not down the road from me and was told to take it to them if "I felt safe" enough to do so.

They was supposed to call me today to arrange a car from the third party's insurance........I never got the call.

Steve
Try letting them know that you've been in touch these people:

How to complain to a financial firm

Old 13 June 2007, 10:50 AM
AllyJ
Scooby Regular

Sorry about your accident m8 hope it all gets sorted.

I definataly think that drivers go through phases of luck. I havn't had an accident touch wood in over 14yrs but it happens to me at times you get a month where it seems every car and vehicle has your name printed on their bumpers as they seem to gun for you. I have had times where people sit at junctions and just simply pull out infront of me, or nearly into me, I would love to say I was going fast but I always stick closely to the speed limits. I think drivers simply seem to lose all common sense at times. Then for about 8-9months nothing not even close and I drive the same streets and locations etc.

Last edited by AllyJ; 13 June 2007 at 10:58 AM.
Old 13 June 2007, 11:11 AM
oobster
Scooby Regular

Also sorry to hear about your accident, I hope your car is repaired quickly and professionally & you get a hire car sorted ASAP.

As for tw*ts like OPM, I find little boys like this often get bored when ignored.
Old 13 June 2007, 11:30 AM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

Ok without going off big style or seeming critical there is a bit of an issue with claiming that this thread highlights.

6 months ago we hit a bus on the wrong side of the road. Yes the neck was stiff for a couple of days but nothing worth going to the hospital over and i didn't see the point in claiming.

Now maybe i'm just nails (after all i hit a coach head on) or maybe i'm just honest but i really don't see the point in claiming for stuff like this it is getting worse and more like the US with the claim and blame culture the whole time. Meanwhile all we are doing is paying for it with higher premiums.

Now if there were injuries from this incident then that's your right to claim but i wouldn't have thought they'd be that severe. Whiplash is caused by sudden stopping/forward backward motion. This car has had the side scraped a bit by the sound of it, not a typical injury situation.

Not doubting anyones honesty, just wondering if making a bunch of rich lawyers more money is necessary in all situations.

5t.
Old 13 June 2007, 11:44 PM
Stevesbluewrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fivetide
Ok without going off big style or seeming critical there is a bit of an issue with claiming that this thread highlights.

6 months ago we hit a bus on the wrong side of the road. Yes the neck was stiff for a couple of days but nothing worth going to the hospital over and i didn't see the point in claiming.

Now maybe i'm just nails (after all i hit a coach head on) or maybe i'm just honest but i really don't see the point in claiming for stuff like this it is getting worse and more like the US with the claim and blame culture the whole time. Meanwhile all we are doing is paying for it with higher premiums.

Now if there were injuries from this incident then that's your right to claim but i wouldn't have thought they'd be that severe. Whiplash is caused by sudden stopping/forward backward motion. This car has had the side scraped a bit by the sound of it, not a typical injury situation.

Not doubting anyones honesty, just wondering if making a bunch of rich lawyers more money is necessary in all situations.

5t.
I agree with you in the sence that we are started to become a nation for claiming left right and centre like over the pond. I can't stand scammers and parasites.

Yes, I wasn't injured to an extent where I couldn't get out the car or was cut etc. However, from the impact my back was gulted and even as I type this have got pain in my lower back. Some of it is due to the result of the first crash I had on the 23rd April but it was starting to get a lot better. Now this idiot has set me back again.

The impact this is having at home is taking it's toll too. I have a 8 week old little boy and as I am unable to bend down to pick him up my misses is having to do so meaning she is getting tired as well. Not to mention how stressed out I am with phone calls and writing the same description time after time.

At the end of the day, I too would have thought about at the time of saying to the lad," do you want to settle my repairs out of your own pocket " or "lets let the insurance companys deal with it. I wasn't hurt nor are you"
But the fact the little turd was doing twice the speed limit,on the wrong side of the road and after it happend even laughed about the fact I said my little boy could have been in the car he deserves a harsher punishment. And the fact he missed hitting me head on by no less than a foot. He is a worthless bit of **** and people like that I don't have time for.

Steve
Old 13 June 2007, 11:47 PM
Stevesbluewrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AllyJ
Sorry about your accident m8 hope it all gets sorted.

I definataly think that drivers go through phases of luck. I havn't had an accident touch wood in over 14yrs but it happens to me at times you get a month where it seems every car and vehicle has your name printed on their bumpers as they seem to gun for you. I have had times where people sit at junctions and just simply pull out infront of me, or nearly into me, I would love to say I was going fast but I always stick closely to the speed limits. I think drivers simply seem to lose all common sense at times. Then for about 8-9months nothing not even close and I drive the same streets and locations etc.
I just hope I don't have anymore bad luck.

I also stick to the speed limits and I was annoyed when the police arrived straight away the made the assumption I was the guilty parting in the incident. I love my cars and have respect for the fellow road users. If I want to drive like a nutter I'd use a race track for that.

Stay lucky AllyJ mate.

Steve

Quick Reply: Yet another point to the scumbag road users