Sponsored by:

don't you just hate them!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03 June 2007, 11:14 PM
leemonkeh
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry don't you just hate them!!!!

yes boy racers!!! where i live in cheltenham theres so many of them.. just had two of them in there crapy 1ltrs try and blow me in my scoob..fools.
i don't mean too moan but they really do my head in
Old 03 June 2007, 11:17 PM
nik52wrx
Scooby Regular

Makes me laugh that they think a loud exhaust makes a quick car
That coupled with every accessory Halfords supplies makes a world beater
Nik.

Originally Posted by leemonkeh
yes boy racers!!! where i live in cheltenham theres so many of them.. just had two of them in there crapy 1ltrs try and blow me in my scoob..fools.
i don't mean too moan but they really do my head in
Old 03 June 2007, 11:17 PM
Johnny E
Scooby Regular

Calm down just let them blow you away
Old 03 June 2007, 11:33 PM
Mo.k
Scooby Regular

I agree just let them go as racing with boys who don't know how to drive and take silly risks will only end up in tears and you don't want to get mixed up in that, save it for a worthwhile moment.
Old 03 June 2007, 11:57 PM
C_RHYS
Scooby Regular

I used to like showing these ids who's boss lol but I just think of the fuel bill and don't bother, that said you can shirt @ 3K-3.5K and still beat 1/2 of them and keep up with the rest, that pisses them of more as they normally hear that your car ain't trying.
Old 04 June 2007, 02:29 AM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

Its a world apart in the UK.. we must be unique to have the barry boy culture. When I was in the US, even the boy racers had smart looking nissan 200SX/S14/S15 motors and they weren't too bothered about driving them like idiots, you had a few racing but even then they just seemed more grown up about the whole affair.

I don't think we will ever shake off the culture but we can only hope that one day people will learn, even across the pond in Belgium, you can find like for like cars only they seem to know where to draw the line when it comes to modding - it seems in the UK we are good taking one halford mod too far.
Old 04 June 2007, 02:45 AM
danfranklin1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by C_RHYS
I used to like showing these ids who's boss lol but I just think of the fuel bill and don't bother, that said you can shirt @ 3K-3.5K and still beat 1/2 of them and keep up with the rest, that pisses them of more as they normally hear that your car ain't trying.
Agree, when I first got the Scoob I kept rising to Saxo Boy's bait, now I'm more inclined to let them get on with it - if they want to live in a fantasy world where a 1.0 Saxo beats an Impreza, let them. I'd rather save the £££ and my blood pressure than put my foot down to prove a point. That said, I still do like to embarrass them occasionally when I'm in the right mood.

Trending Topics

Old 04 June 2007, 03:40 AM
WRX300MAN
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Johnny E
Calm down just let them blow you away
Or you can blow them away with your CHAV VALVE . . .Providing you have one fitted . .
Old 04 June 2007, 06:32 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WRX300MAN
Or you can blow them away with your CHAV VALVE . . .Providing you have one fitted . .

yes, yes i do have one fitted, and the extra 50bhp it gives me, makes it lots easier to keep up with a 1.2 twinport corsa. and it makes all the 12 year olds stare to which is great for my ego and self confidence.

andy
Old 04 June 2007, 07:26 AM
leemonkeh
Scooby Regular

yes well i do let them get on with it, wouldn't want to waste me fuel on them at least the other scoobs in chelt aint stupid boy racers. and neither are the drivers of the evo's in cheltenham. just a shame theres so many young ppl who crash into halfords and motorworld... lol
Old 04 June 2007, 01:01 PM
New_scooby_04

I find them quite amusing actually!! Let the eejets get on with driving like c**ks: most of them won't have a licence long enough to get anything better than a 1.2 Corsa.

They're not all bad though and don't forget, we were all young, dumb and full of automotive ideas above our station at one point!
Old 04 June 2007, 04:40 PM
Bodgit
Scooby Regular

I normally ignore them when they try to have a go. I worry more that they are going to do something stupid like cut in front and damage my car. Most when they are trying to prove a point drive recklessly.
Old 04 June 2007, 04:48 PM
RedScoob
Scooby Regular

I never have a problem with the 106/ (a)RS Turbo/ Chicken Paxo brigade when I'm in the Impreza. I tend to drive sedately in traffic and get treated with consideration (no tailgating, flashing, overtaking on the limiter, etc.). I only really open it up on deserted country roads which means I don't catch Captain Chav's attention, as he's simply not around....
However, I had to use the girlfriends car last week (a 306XSi) and couldn't believe the difference. Bloody "barry-boys" were all over me like a rash. Also, tell me this.... Why the hell are French cars so appealing to younger drivers?
The world's a crazy place.......
Old 04 June 2007, 05:31 PM
Edmondo
Scooby Regular

its not just Boy Racers - I find its all ages that think its funny to have a go - but being the wise old chap that I am I find nowadays I really have to be in the mood for it
Old 04 June 2007, 05:46 PM
Sweepickit
Scooby Regular

To even think about a little play on my private road the opposition needs to be worthwhile. I prefer to take Porsche and Audi drivers down a peg or two... much more satisfying!
Old 04 June 2007, 05:47 PM
Sweepickit
Scooby Regular

To even think about a little play on my private road the opposition needs to be worthwhile. I prefer to take Porsche and M series BMW drivers down a peg or two... much more satisfying!
Old 04 June 2007, 05:56 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Sweepickit
To even think about a little play on my private road the opposition needs to be worthwhile. I prefer to take Porsche and M series BMW drivers down a peg or two... much more satisfying!
twice as satisfying then?