Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New WRX for 2003

Search this Thread

Old 21 December 2001, 10:35 PM
blaster
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Read an article in AutoCar today that Subaru Japan has asked Prodrive UK to rush through a new makeover for the existing MY01/02 - every panel will be changed apart from the doors, boot, rear bumper and glass ... the healights will be replaced by a smaller unit ...

Old 21 December 2001, 11:17 PM
stephen emery
Scooby Regular

i like me wrx
Old 21 December 2001, 11:37 PM
simes
Scooby Regular

Talking

I quite like my WRX too...

I don't understand the need for a full re-style, the main problems with the styling are the feeble rear wing and the dodgy lights, and possibly the ride height. A face lift would sort that out.

And I'm not sure that Prodrive styled UK300 exactly meets with universal approval either.

A MY01 with the lights/spoiler done and the suspension lowered looks the dog's as far as I am concerned, see the pix of Dave-TS's as an example (liberally sprinkled around the BBS, you can't miss them ).

Anyway I heard that after a sluggish start they are now shifting pretty well. I know that there plenty of people on this board who said they will never get one when they were first launched, who now have one. Myself included.

Of course what it really needed to make it sell is an extra 20bhp as standard, the 6 speed gearbox and the brembo brakes, but I guess the launch of the STI with only 260ish BHP shows why that is not the case...

Cheers

Simon