Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Only member with a 2.0 sport?

Search this Thread

Old 27 May 2007, 01:14 PM
MortonPeterash
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Only member with a 2.0 sport?

I've only been a member of scoobynet for about a week and I've checked loads of posts and Im starting to think... Am i the only member not able to afford the insurance on a turbo and the only member with a 2.0 sport? If theres anyone else out there please reply :s thinking about an engine swap but still another 2.0 member to ask questions and relate to would be nice
Old 27 May 2007, 01:28 PM
wrx-kris
Scooby Regular

ive got a sport

start a list.....
Old 27 May 2007, 01:33 PM
MortonPeterash
Scooby Newbie

Smile 2 weeks of owner ship!

Well thats two of us! What have you done to your scooby? I bought mine 2 weeks ago now and shelled out a fortune because Its all completely standard with a reconditioned engine and stacks of history so i dont have to worry about anything going pop or splitting! although this means i have the standard pee shooter exhaust and that will have to go! I just had the sti bumpers and sti spoiler fitted yesterday and it looks gorgeous I`ll try and get some photos as soon as possible.
Old 27 May 2007, 01:38 PM
wrx-kris
Scooby Regular

mines a MY99 turbo 2000/sti dark blue metallic wagon looker......

i had a wrx but couldnt justify the running costs, so now i get the best of both worlds
Old 27 May 2007, 01:39 PM
gtijames
Scooby Regular

if you havent visited yet get yourself over to .:ImprezaSport.net:. plenty of good advice to be had.

Last edited by gtijames; 27 May 2007 at 01:42 PM.
Old 27 May 2007, 01:39 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

i had a sport as my first car when i passed my driving test last march. lovely car and the awd system compensates for the lack of power compared to a turbo anyway. the grip is phenominal, without all the electronics etc driving the car for you.

regards an engine swap, you would then need to uprate the front/rear brakes to handle the power, all the running gear, the clutch and gearbox. maybe cheaper to buy a turbo lol.

piccies?

andy
Old 27 May 2007, 01:41 PM
MortonPeterash
Scooby Newbie

Aw great thanks i`ll check that out! Im looking to try and get my sport to a 150bph, Exhaust from magnex is a deffinate, proberly a chip put in aswell, Im abit sceptical about induction kits though so wont know what to do after the first two
Old 27 May 2007, 01:43 PM
MortonPeterash
Scooby Newbie

regards an engine swap, you would then need to uprate the front/rear brakes to handle the power, all the running gear, the clutch and gearbox. maybe cheaper to buy a turbo lol.

piccies?

andy[/QUOTE]

Cheaper to buy a turbo is proberly true but I dont want to let go of the entire car since its been kept in near new nick every step of the way, but i never really thought about tunning gear and clutches :S Obviously wanting to much to fast! But i deffintly do want 150 out of my sport though
Old 27 May 2007, 01:45 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MortonPeterash
Aw great thanks i`ll check that out! Im looking to try and get my sport to a 150bph, Exhaust from magnex is a deffinate, proberly a chip put in aswell, Im abit sceptical about induction kits though so wont know what to do after the first two
nah stick with the standard air flow system fella. subaru spent a lot of money designing it, and that airbox keeps the warm air away from the cold air feed. an induction kits wont, even if its pointed right down near the "air hole".

150bhp shouldnt be too hard to achieve. what year of sport is it? mine was about 125bhp standard i think and was a 98'. put a decent air filter on (instead of induction kit), and maybe a full decat exhaust to release more ponies. not sure on the chip, as long as its not one of those ebay jobbies which is basically a resistor for sale at £2.99 but "guarantees you 25+bhp"

andy
Old 27 May 2007, 01:46 PM
wrx-kris
Scooby Regular

get a blitz nur spec back box and unequal lenth headers....
Old 27 May 2007, 01:48 PM
gtijames
Scooby Regular

the sport is a difficult car to gain extra power from,the rolling road record from the imprezasport people was around the 140bhp mark (nws's old car).as far as im concerned your cash will be much better spent on handling and brake mods.they absolutely transformed my old car.
p.s dont buy a turbo bonnet its a sport ,still a great motor just not a turbo.
Old 27 May 2007, 01:49 PM
MortonPeterash
Scooby Newbie

Aw thanks, I wasnt sure on induction as the heat is always around! My sport is a 1997 model in silver, Theres loads of scoobys with different codes and im still waiting for my logbook to come back so I dont know which code mine is, I`ll price up a K&N panel filter to go into the standard airbox since i never really thought about changing that, As for the exhaust wont a de-cat pipe basically half my mpg, I know it will lower it getting my scooby to 150bph anyway but if i take my foot of the gas with a cat on at least i could save some miles when i wanted?
Old 27 May 2007, 01:49 PM
LordOfTheRings
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

is this a joke? Who buys a ugly car that doesnt have a drive/power to make up for it?
Old 27 May 2007, 01:53 PM
gtijames
Scooby Regular

is this a joke? Who buys a ugly car that doesnt have a drive/power to make up for it?

thats the sort of post that spurred mike on to set up the sport website.beware the turbo snobs lol.
Old 27 May 2007, 01:53 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by LordOfTheRings

can someone infract this ******. troll. troll. ******* troll!!!

morton, nah a decat wont half your mpg. it will maybe make it fail an m.o.t. but just keep your original exhaust for that. a decat shoulsnt reduce your mpg by much at all really, especially in a naturally aspirated engine anywho. unresonated decat and some unequal length headers will give you a turbo burble too. and scare children/old dears lol
Old 27 May 2007, 01:56 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gtijames

thats the sort of post that spurred mike on to set up the sport website.beware the turbo snobs lol.
no lord of the men rings is just audi lover trolling under a different guise. a useless feeble little man who *********** into his own faeces while reading readers grannies. im not a snob, ive owned both cars, superb machinery
Old 27 May 2007, 01:57 PM
MortonPeterash
Scooby Newbie

Well the idea of scarying little old ladies is deffintly appealing and the burble is deffintly something i want from mine, I`ll start looking for prices on a de-cat pipe and those headers, There is a garage called tints and tweaks who have said they can make a de-cat pipe if they look at my car to check something... not to sure on that tho
Old 27 May 2007, 02:02 PM
gtijames
Scooby Regular

i think my old car was rather a nice looking old thing heres a piccie.

as i already said just be happy to own a scooby dont tart it up and pretend that its a turbo and nobody can critisise you.
Old 27 May 2007, 02:07 PM
MortonPeterash
Scooby Newbie

Thats alot like mine except the previous owner has already put an sti bodykit on
Old 27 May 2007, 02:15 PM
MortonPeterash
Scooby Newbie

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/b...n84/mybaby.jpg

Like i said its been tarted up abit already, everything except the bonnet, click the link
Old 27 May 2007, 02:16 PM
MortonPeterash
Scooby Newbie

Default my scooby, only pic i have im afraid

This is the only pic i have at the moment since It was a friends camera but as you can see its already had some cosmetic work done to it
Old 27 May 2007, 02:17 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

This is the only pic i have at the moment since It was a friends camera but as you can see its already had some cosmetic work done to it
see piece of pish!
Old 27 May 2007, 02:19 PM
wrxcraig
Scooby Regular

dont worry about lord of gay rings, he's just a depressed audi worker who didnt make it pass the caretaker part, so i can understand why he doesnt understand coz after cleaning up after ppl and having to look at audi's all day it would make you insane abit, but obviously he's been there for a few years.
Old 27 May 2007, 02:19 PM
wrx-kris
Scooby Regular

i dont see the problem with putting a turbo bonnet or kit on it....

people put sti spoilers on their wrx's and nu-age scoops on their classics, so why not? i have a completely wrote off wrx which i plan on raping for parts for the sport... brakes front and rear got arb's loom etc...
and when the money is better i will stick the engine in (insurance can actually be cheaper than a std wrx)
Old 27 May 2007, 02:21 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wrx-kris
i dont see the problem with putting a turbo bonnet or kit on it....

people put sti spoilers on their wrx's and nu-age scoops on their classics, so why not? i have a completely wrote off wrx which i plan on raping for parts for the sport... brakes front and rear got arb's loom etc...
and when the money is better i will stick the engine in (insurance can actually be cheaper than a std wrx)

what about the running gear. that wont cope with a hike in well over 100bhp from a sport to a wrx. new clutch gearbox etc etc.

andy
Old 27 May 2007, 02:23 PM
gtijames
Scooby Regular

nice motor ,but i wouldnt call it an sti make over its looks like its got an sti4 rear spoiler all the other bits are standard on a sport.they got the turbo bumpers,side skirts and originally a low level spoiler.
Old 27 May 2007, 02:23 PM
MortonPeterash
Scooby Newbie

Theres a breakers yard down the road from me I`ll have to see if theres a scooby someone has put into a field, What do you think of mine so far?
Old 27 May 2007, 02:24 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gtijames
nice motor ,but i wouldnt call it an sti make over its looks like its got an sti4 rear spoiler all the other bits are standard on a sport.they got the turbo bumpers,side skirts and originally a low level spoiler.
aye, better looking than the gl models though. they didnt even get spotties.!!!
Old 27 May 2007, 02:24 PM
wrx-kris
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
what about the running gear. that wont cope with a hike in well over 100bhp from a sport to a wrx. new clutch gearbox etc etc.

andy
course!
the way i'm looking at it is just uprate everything then when i have time (prob never ) do the swap... looking at fully rebuilding it etc for reliabillity....

Old 27 May 2007, 02:26 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wrx-kris
course!
the way i'm looking at it is just uprate everything then when i have time (prob never ) do the swap... looking at fully rebuilding it etc for reliabillity....

assuming your looking at it as a project as it will cost far more to turn a sport into a wrx/turbo etc, than to just sell your car and buy a turbo. each to their own, but its a hell of a lot of work, and will cost more in the long run. all imho anyways. will be a good project though.

Quick Reply: Only member with a 2.0 sport?