Sponsored by:

Support a scoobynetter!

Search this Thread

Old 24 May 2007, 10:12 AM
Scooby Princess
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Support a scoobynetter!

Edmondo - my husband who posts on here is undergoing cancer treatment and we have recieved alot of support from macmillan nurses which has been brilliant. We would like to repay the kindness and felt that cancer research got alot of money from other events and so we have set up a just giving thread and are asking family and friends to give just a small amount to help us raise funds to a wonderful charity who gives so much support.

The website address is:-

Justgiving - Help Edmondo Raise £1000 for Macmillian
Old 24 May 2007, 06:10 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Thumbs up Best Wishes from the DCI

Scooby Princess, please pass on my best wishes to Edmondo and let him know I am thinking of you all and what you must be going through.

Best wishes to you all.

DCI Gene Hunt
Old 24 May 2007, 06:23 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Best Wishes mate, hope it all pans out for you

james
Old 24 May 2007, 06:45 PM
Scooby Princess
Scooby Regular

Thank you for your best wishes and also the donation - ed is halfway through the treatment and we are due to have a scan shortly to see how much has been illiminated
Old 24 May 2007, 06:48 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Scooby Princess
Thank you for your best wishes and also the donation - ed is halfway through the treatment and we are due to have a scan shortly to see how much has been illiminated
Without being to intrusive it would be nice (where you feel it appropriate) if you could keep us informed of his progress....

Best Wishes.
DCI
Old 24 May 2007, 08:20 PM
Scooby Princess
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt
Without being to intrusive it would be nice (where you feel it appropriate) if you could keep us informed of his progress....

Best Wishes.
DCI
No problem at all mate - he is in middle of 12 chemiotherapy treatments at the great western hospital in swindon, before treatment started he had a emergancy operation to remove part of the lump in his neck - his lumps under his arms have disappeared and his chest rash has also gone - he is trying to remain positive but finding it hard as he has NEVER been ill in all his life and then gets this!
Old 25 May 2007, 09:06 AM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

Sounds very similar to what I had Scooby Princess, I didnt have any lumps under my arms, but did in my neck, but not sure if it is the same as Edmondo

The ones in my neck, where my Lymph Nodes, and so they were removed and a course of Chemo

I was pretty much the same, never been ill in all my life, and then I got that, needless to say, it is hard but there will be light at the end of the tunnel, it was hard for me towards the end, and vowed that I would have no further treatment should the course I was on not have worked

BUT, thankfully it worked, and here I am several years later

Best wishes to Edmondo and yourself

Steve
Old 25 May 2007, 12:50 PM
Scooby Princess
Scooby Regular

glad to hear you are well steve and that it worked out for you.

Ed is trying to remain positive and uses the scooby scene to focus on to keep him going - ive promised extra mods every time he gets to land mark treatments

thanks for the donation as well - we have reached a 5th of the target now but its slowing down
Old 25 May 2007, 05:21 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Best wishes and hope you are back in the Scooby, very soon
Old 25 May 2007, 05:40 PM
Scooby Princess
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 84of300
Best wishes and hope you are back in the Scooby, very soon
thank you for the donation - we made it to jap fest but ed stayed in the car most of the time due to tiredness, we were due to do mencap this week but he is too weak after treatment
Old 25 May 2007, 06:43 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

He looks a fighter. All my best wishes
Old 26 May 2007, 10:06 PM
Scooby Princess
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 84of300

He looks a fighter. All my best wishes
as he has reached half way with his treatment i have bought him a mod that he has wanted for some time but he doesnt know it yet
Old 27 May 2007, 06:22 PM
Edmondo
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the good wishes...................Half way through treatment at mo...............takes me about 3 -4 days to start to feel human again and about a week before I am back to normal................As SP says as soon as I can I get back to the Forums and do enjoy reading some of the insanity on here .
Old 27 May 2007, 06:40 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Edmondo
Thanks for the good wishes...................Half way through treatment at mo...............takes me about 3 -4 days to start to feel human again and about a week before I am back to normal................As SP says as soon as I can I get back to the Forums and do enjoy reading some of the insanity on here .
And it will be my PLEASURE to be even more insane than usual its good to hear you're doin the business Edmondo, your treatment sounds like a night on the beer with the DCI.... that takes 3-4 days to recover from as well

Good man, keep it up!

DCI
Old 29 May 2007, 09:05 PM
Edmondo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt
And it will be my PLEASURE to be even more insane than usual its good to hear you're doin the business Edmondo, your treatment sounds like a night on the beer with the DCI.... that takes 3-4 days to recover from as well

Good man, keep it up!

DCI
cheers Bud.......................as for Beer thats one pleasure I seem to be struggling with at the mo - It tastes horrible and gives me bad Acid yet prior to this me and Beer was on good terms lol.
Old 30 May 2007, 09:21 PM
Scooby Princess
Scooby Regular

Ed and i would like to say a very big thank you to sleepysy on here for his very generous donation which has now meant we have reached £300 - thank you very much indeed - you have a heart of gold - all of you
Old 08 June 2007, 03:39 PM
Scooby Princess
Scooby Regular

* Just a little update *

We saw consultant on tuesday and it was not normal one - scan was cancelled cause it was too early (so why b***** book it! raised his hopes and then kill them!)

Consultant then said he might need 8 16 treatments instead of 12 - so yet again he is made to feel worse.

Then the insult - With horror i had to point out to the consultant that he had written the WRONG patient number on the chemio perscription!! I have since reported the consultant and raised concerns that this could have been a major error if not spotted.

He had his treatment on wednesday and is up and about today which is a day earlier then usual
Old 08 June 2007, 03:56 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Scooby Princess
* Just a little update *

We saw consultant on tuesday and it was not normal one - scan was cancelled cause it was too early (so why b***** book it! raised his hopes and then kill them!)

Consultant then said he might need 8 16 treatments instead of 12 - so yet again he is made to feel worse.

Then the insult - With horror i had to point out to the consultant that he had written the WRONG patient number on the chemio perscription!! I have since reported the consultant and raised concerns that this could have been a major error if not spotted.

He had his treatment on wednesday and is up and about today which is a day earlier then usual
Feckin hell...... that's annoying news there!!!

They don't do alot to assist the 'feel good factor' in hospital .... but on the positive side he seems to be getting over the treatment quicker, which is a feckin BIG plus!

My best wishes as always, and I always pop in here now & again just to check on you guys!!

Keep the faith guy's... I know I am

Best Regards,
DCI
Old 08 June 2007, 11:11 PM
SleeperSy
Scooby Regular

Hang in there - 2007 will soon be a distant memory - Thinking of you both -

Sleeper
Old 09 June 2007, 08:32 PM
Scooby Princess
Scooby Regular

Thanks guys - i have to say that it is the support of the members from the scooby club scene that is truely giving us the strength to continue with hope and positivity
Old 09 June 2007, 09:07 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Aww, bless you Edmondo.
I've seen you posting a little lately, a good sign.
You will get through this, I just know it. All my best wishes
Old 10 June 2007, 12:37 AM
Scooby Princess
Scooby Regular

Hes been a bit yukky tonight - we were going to cotswold but he has not been good this evening and so we have pull out
Old 10 June 2007, 10:03 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

awww,
Let him know, there are people thinking about him, please
Old 14 June 2007, 11:54 AM
Scooby Princess
Scooby Regular

have done and glad to report he is back on his feet and in WORK! peace at last for me - i use this time as respite as i know next week is going to be hard and the week after the inlaws are down so even harder - think the mother thinks i dont look after her son - she makes me feel very inadiquate (SP)

If anyone is free this sunday we are at the south west motor show and we are raising money there for macmillan cancer support. would be good to see you
Old 14 June 2007, 04:38 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Mothers are like that, a complete PITA..... Mine (and yes even I have one) used to drive my ex. POTTY....... then my Sister would chip in as well.... as they say "you can pick your friends but not yer family"

Glad all is 'reasonably' well ... don't live down the posh end of the UK so won't be there.... but best wishes for the collecting etc....

Keep it going & keep us informed
Old 10 August 2007, 12:46 PM
Edmondo
Scooby Regular

**********Update***********

The Last week in June I was taken into Hospital with an infection and was in Isolation for a week. Pumped full of Anti - Biotics by drip. Temp for 5 days was an average of 39.5c - normal is 36.5c ...................anyway let me out on the 5th July. So now the weeks I dont have Chemo I have to still go to hospital to have GCSF Injections which keep my Blood Count up. Also starting to have reactions to the Chemo ( Breathless , Acid etc , toilet my mate for a few hours ) but still have my Goldon locks lol.

On the Good Side I had a Scan on the 28th June ( just before being admitted ) and it came back clear however its a surface scan and not a deep scan but here's hoping.

I only have 1 chemo session left on the 23rd August - have to have a full scan within a month after and if thats clear I have to go back every 2 - 3 months for check ups for the next 18 months. Apparantly there is a quite high re-occurence rate - between 1 in 4 and 1 in 10.

Also as I was in Hospital Isolation for a week I couldnt go out so that stopped me smoking and now I havent had a Ciggy for 43 days .

I would like to thank everyone on here who has sent messages and have contributed to the appeal.................would be nice to get it to £1000 by the end of the year.

Cheers

Eddie
Old 10 August 2007, 10:48 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HI Ed, for some reason i have only just spotted this thread.... i thought you'd not been around for a while...

Really sorry to hear of your illness mate, but hopefully things will go your way... and as a bonus you get mods for the car....

Good news about the smoking too..... now you might even be able to afford yet more goodies for the car eh mate....

Will no doubt see you sometime....

Keep cheerful mate.... i know it's hard, but it does help!!

Take care....

Ron....

ps, off to make a donation !!
Old 11 August 2007, 12:29 AM
renny
Scooby Regular

Hi,

Just noticed the thread - really sorry to hear of your illness Edmondo.It saddens me when i read of these things but hope all goes well for you mate.

Just tried to make a donation but the payment server is down at the moment,will try again when it's working.

Wishing you and Scooby Princess all the best.Please keep us up to date with this.
Old 11 August 2007, 06:43 PM
Edmondo
Scooby Regular

Ron - cheers mate - get on here and SIDC as much as poss............

Renny - Thanks - Couldnt believed it happened TBH - 41 and Cancer - me - never but as I have found - anyone can get it - and the people I share the day ward with when I have treatment are all ages
Old 13 August 2007, 07:47 PM
renny
Scooby Regular

Donation made and a bump to the top.

Come on people,any little will do - it's for a very good cause !!

Quick Reply: Support a scoobynetter!