Sponsored by:

new respray choice??

Search this Thread

Old 21 May 2007, 06:24 PM
easyscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new respray choice??

blob is red at the mo but just seeing what people would do if they had the choice, so far ( flame suit on) focus orange and audi lime green are the two main choices. opinions please, (by the way it is the 2nd scoob the other is a white blob sti )
Old 21 May 2007, 07:04 PM
klunker
Scooby Regular

Focus Orange
A big 01 on each front door
And a dixie flag on the roof.

Old 21 May 2007, 07:09 PM
jiffthejiffmanjaffa
Scooby Regular

How about Sunshine bronze?

It's a Talbot Samba colour. So there's not many cars around with the same colour, its got a little pearl in it, that makes it flip red, bronze and gold.

I had a Sapphire cosworth in it before some so and so nicked and wrote it off.
Old 21 May 2007, 09:14 PM
jase-on
Scooby Regular

I always wanted to respray mine a pearl white...how much u paying for your respray mate?
Old 21 May 2007, 09:28 PM
kilo_4que
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jase-on
I always wanted to respray mine a pearl white...how much u paying for your respray mate?
Pear white is the crappiest colour to do. After a very short while the colour turns creamy.

If I was to respray my car and make it look different yet not OTT, id go with Cool grey/gunmetal grey. I dont think they made the blob eye in gun metal
Old 21 May 2007, 10:15 PM
DANNYBOY2511
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kilo_4que
Pear white is the crappiest colour to do. After a very short while the colour turns creamy.

If I was to respray my car and make it look different yet not OTT, id go with Cool grey/gunmetal grey. I dont think they made the blob eye in gun metal
agree with u mate, looks very good on the scooby. seen one round my way in gun metal.
Old 21 May 2007, 10:26 PM
easyscoob
Scooby Regular

im not too worried about not looking ott as i still have (or the wifes really) white sti blob which is and always will be standard. i have had a lot of people saying too go focus orange and there will be a run of new tt's in a new audi orange. so might as well go with the trend, as for cost of the respray im one of the lucky ones im afraid, my brother is a panel beater and best mates a sprayer, and ive just built a new triple garage with a compressor, and the HUUUUGE extractor fan. so really it will just be the cost of paint, of which i'll have to use slightly more than a normal garage because of lack of spray booth. so after painting it can have many coats to be flatted and polished. (youd be surprised at the nick a lot of cars come out of a spray booth with loads of cack on the new paint) just wanted too see if anyone fancied the old kawasaki style in your face green
Old 21 May 2007, 10:58 PM
Will
BANNED

Originally Posted by easyscoob
im not too worried about not looking ott as i still have (or the wifes really) white sti blob which is and always will be standard. i have had a lot of people saying too go focus orange and there will be a run of new tt's in a new audi orange. so might as well go with the trend, as for cost of the respray im one of the lucky ones im afraid, my brother is a panel beater and best mates a sprayer, and ive just built a new triple garage with a compressor, and the HUUUUGE extractor fan. so really it will just be the cost of paint, of which i'll have to use slightly more than a normal garage because of lack of spray booth. so after painting it can have many coats to be flatted and polished. (youd be surprised at the nick a lot of cars come out of a spray booth with loads of cack on the new paint) just wanted too see if anyone fancied the old kawasaki style in your face green
you should of seen my old scoob...........ah them where the days
Old 21 May 2007, 11:25 PM
FLAT ERIC
Scooby Regular

Location: You only live ONCE But if you do it right >>>>> ONCE is enough
Smile

blob is red at the mo but just seeing what people would do if they had the choice, so far ( flame suit on) focus orange and audi lime green are the two main choices. opinions please, (by the way it is the 2nd scoob the other is a white blob sti )
Focus Orange has been done. Some might say over done.

Mark
Old 22 May 2007, 12:20 AM
kilo_4que
Scooby Regular

if your two cars are identicle post some pics of the white one and Ill do you a photoshop to see what it looks like if you want
Old 22 May 2007, 06:31 AM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FLAT ERIC
Focus Orange has been done. Some might say over done.

Mark
Sorry for thread hijack, but does anybody know where these bonnets can be sourced in the UK?

Oh, and Lime green would be good btw as it's soooooo different.

Last edited by gpssti4; 22 May 2007 at 06:33 AM. Reason: to add colour choice
Old 22 May 2007, 12:16 PM
FLAT ERIC
Scooby Regular

Location: You only live ONCE But if you do it right >>>>> ONCE is enough
Smile

Originally Posted by gpssti4
Sorry for thread hijack, but does anybody know where these bonnets can be sourced in the UK?
ABW did the work on the car.

https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-scoo...?highlight=ABW

Mark