Search this Thread

Old 21 May 2007, 12:43 AM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Wink NEARLY OVERTOOK AN UNMARKED POLICE CAR

oming back from Japfest.

Close to home. along a local A road, I came a cross a VW deisel doing a fair speed in the NSL, I then overtook him a nice along a nice straight.

I reached then a 30mph in a Village (bartestree) doing about 28 ant this guy has caught me up and is wearing my boot He then overtakes me in the 30mph nearly hitting some on coming traffic

a mile latter i reach the NSL and excelerate very hard and find the VW behind a Skoda, on the next staright, I decide not to overtake both as impending 30mph zone and I would be in double figures

Good job I never as when the n0b in the VW overtakes the Skoda i see a Police Unmarked Skoda on the next main Junction both VW and Skoda go one way and I went the other

Tony

Last edited by T5NYW; 21 May 2007 at 07:57 PM. Reason: BECAUSE 10 PINTS OF LAGER AND IT SEEM OK
Old 21 May 2007, 01:32 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you mean you over took someone and then they decided to speed up and drive like a tit ?? Shocker !

and then what happened?
Old 21 May 2007, 07:46 AM
leemonkeh
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i overtook a unmarked skoda, past him at over a 100, got too next lights before going onto dual carrige way, he sat a few car leghths behind me which i thought was weird, so i pulled away slowly and he got right on my tail so i dropped it down and left him. about two miles later when i'd slowed back down he was caught back up and then the blue lights came on. i pulled in and got out the car. got in the police car.. any how i got let off all my speeding because he was out on testing there new skoda which had been chipped that day.,. he said he had no chance of keeping up with me tho. we had a laughy chat about our cars and he sent me on my way. lucky??? yes indeed.
Old 21 May 2007, 08:30 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I undrtuk unmarkd Skoda yestrda, was well kool, innit - we tuk it to wel uver 150MPH and then sum .. did me fur bad gramir n spilling - not speeedin' innit

Old 21 May 2007, 08:58 AM
misty
Scooby Regular

I undrtuk unmarkd Skoda yestrda, was well kool, innit - we tuk it to wel uver 150MPH and then sum .. did me fur bad gramir n spilling - not speeedin' innit
Pete, I really must remonstrate at the very poor quality of your attempt to look like an idiot! If you truly were an idiot then surely Skoda would start with a lower case "S"? Really, you must try harder....
Dave

Last edited by misty; 21 May 2007 at 09:00 AM. Reason: wrong word
Old 21 May 2007, 09:07 AM
thomsop
Scooby Regular

I had a similar experience yesterday. Going down the M20 towards Ashford, passed an unmarked blue Volvo saloon on the hard shoulder with the occupants having a "chat" with the driver of an Audi Estate. Pulled off at Ashford to pick up some friends and then back on the M20 towards the Channel Tunnel, doing about 90 and pull out to overtake slower car in the nearside lane and just as I'm about to go past there's a flicker of recognition of the same blue Volvo. Phew
Old 21 May 2007, 11:02 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

I had a maroon Senator behind me on a "nice" road near here. Luckily for me, we were in the wife's Xantia diesel, as he had his headlights on dip in the daytime, they were Xenons and one was blinding me. If I'd been in the Scoob I'd have left him....and got done, since it was an unmarked.

I contented myself with flashing my foglight at him. Eventually this brought the blues on, and I stopped for him. He asked what I was playing at, and I complained at the blinding light. I also asked if he hadn't noticed me covering my rearview mirror?

He replied that it couldn't be blinding me as they were levelled automatically. Poor lamb, I had to explain to him that the whole idea of levelling relies on BOTH lights being set properly to start with.

I left him looking a bit sick and examining his n/s headlight

Alcazar
Old 21 May 2007, 11:06 AM
hectic
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by misty
Pete, I really must remonstrate at the very poor quality of your attempt to look like an idiot!
Dave
Me too.. he normally does it with such aplomb !

Last edited by hectic; 21 May 2007 at 11:10 AM.
Old 21 May 2007, 12:50 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hectic
Me too.. he normally does it with such aplomb !
Yeah, Yeah, very good ...................
Old 21 May 2007, 12:59 PM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

and your user name will be here for how long ?

Old 21 May 2007, 01:10 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by phil_stephens
and your user name will be here for how long ?

about the same time petes bladder holds out after a milkshake.
Old 21 May 2007, 01:12 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
I had a maroon Senator behind me on a "nice" road near here. Luckily for me, we were in the wife's Xantia diesel, as he had his headlights on dip in the daytime, they were Xenons and one was blinding me. If I'd been in the Scoob I'd have left him....and got done, since it was an unmarked.

I contented myself with flashing my foglight at him. Eventually this brought the blues on, and I stopped for him. He asked what I was playing at, and I complained at the blinding light. I also asked if he hadn't noticed me covering my rearview mirror?

He replied that it couldn't be blinding me as they were levelled automatically. Poor lamb, I had to explain to him that the whole idea of levelling relies on BOTH lights being set properly to start with.

I left him looking a bit sick and examining his n/s headlight

Alcazar

could you please pm me info on said "nice" road, and any others you see unmarked cars on. im not looking to deliberatly evade the law, but as i was stopped twice recently as my car was all broken, they have me in their sights now.

andy
Old 21 May 2007, 01:21 PM
misty
Scooby Regular

Hmmm! Username.....how original
Dave

Last edited by misty; 21 May 2007 at 01:22 PM. Reason: ...........
Old 21 May 2007, 05:19 PM
RS Grant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
I had a maroon Senator behind me on a "nice" road near here. Luckily for me, we were in the wife's Xantia diesel, as he had his headlights on dip in the daytime, they were Xenons and one was blinding me. If I'd been in the Scoob I'd have left him....and got done, since it was an unmarked

Its a pretty good unmarked patrol car, I thought the Vauxhall Senators were phased out in the 90's sometime...

Cheers,
Grant
Old 21 May 2007, 05:53 PM
radit
Scooby Regular

last night on the way home, i came up behind a tractor with 50 inch chrome spinners i dropped it into second and blasted past him in my reliant robin, its got a 600cc engine tuned to produce in the region of 50-55 bhp, last time it was on the rollers it got 47bhp at the wheels!!! when i got into the 30 limit the tractor was close on my tail, he then pulled out and shot his nos and went past me on the back wheels, i could see the fear deep in the farmers eyes, as this happened i droped it again there was so much torque the chassis twisted forcing me to abort the race and head back to the tuning shop, what a race!!
Old 21 May 2007, 07:35 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by radit
last night on the way home, i came up behind a tractor with 50 inch chrome spinners i dropped it into second and blasted past him in my reliant robin, its got a 600cc engine tuned to produce in the region of 50-55 bhp, last time it was on the rollers it got 47bhp at the wheels!!! when i got into the 30 limit the tractor was close on my tail, he then pulled out and shot his nos and went past me on the back wheels, i could see the fear deep in the farmers eyes, as this happened i droped it again there was so much torque the chassis twisted forcing me to abort the race and head back to the tuning shop, what a race!!
did it have a dump valve...
Old 21 May 2007, 07:53 PM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by pimmo2000

and then what happened?
Well, I know it's hard to beleive, but the story made perfect sense!! after all I only had 10 pints and one bottle of wine

So I have edited it

Although gramma and spelling will be to my usaul bad standard. I blame my Mum, she should have made me go to Skool.

Tony
Old 21 May 2007, 09:37 PM
LordOfTheRings
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

I was in my audi once doing 100mph in a 30. A skoda vrs police car was following me and pulled me over. I told the uppity tawt how dare he pull me over in my much more expensive, exclusive and superior car, and told him how me doing 100mph in my car is as safe as him doing 30mph in his car as mine is so much superior seeing as its an audi. Anyway the copper then sodded off with his head hanging low all ashamed.
Old 21 May 2007, 10:10 PM
DANNYBOY2511
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by LordOfTheRings
I was in my audi once doing 100mph in a 30. A skoda vrs police car was following me and pulled me over. I told the uppity tawt how dare he pull me over in my much more expensive, exclusive and superior car, and told him how me doing 100mph in my car is as safe as him doing 30mph in his car as mine is so much superior seeing as its an audi. Anyway the copper then sodded off with his head hanging low all ashamed.
hahhahahaha
almost fell off my chair mate, good post