Sponsored by:

hunting idle continued here's what ive done

Search this Thread

Old 18 May 2007, 01:00 PM
jbabrh
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hunting idle continued here's what ive done

hi all just an update on the famous hunting idle. today i set out to have a good look under the bonnet rather than just sitting here reading everyone ellses, anyway took the intercooler off to have a look at the pipe work for intake leaks but nothing obvious there. whilst it was off i took the oem dump valve off and had a look inside. there was a bit of black residue in there so sprayed some brake cleaner in there and finished off with some sas spray
(wd40) whilst the intercooler was out i took the iscv out which had a bit of the same so again did the same with that. i did notice that between the iscv and the valve in the manifold was i rubber seal of some kind, it wasn't fixed to either it was just stuckto the iscv but dropped off whilst holding it. i had a close look and on the side which sits into the manifold the curviture side it has very fine like scuffs which may look like it was once fixed to the bit in the manifold is there anything in this or is it suppose to sit loose? haven't had time to try it yet but will keep posted any good techs out there who can shed some light on this. oh! buy the way i too lost some skin trying to get the intercooler back in what a sh******t , but it was a first time effort for me though
Old 26 May 2007, 10:31 AM
jbabrh
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i thought this forum was here to help fellow members? lot more interest on the rs owners site