Sponsored by:

MY07 Front Dash and rear window Rattle

Search this Thread

Old 17 May 2007, 12:52 PM
Boyakasha
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry MY07 Front Dash and rear window Rattle

Has anyone had this problem with a MY07, at the front I thought it was coming from the A Pillars but the dealer stripped them down and said it wasn't there. Now after 3 attempts and the whole dash removed they still haven't cured it.

The rear rattle is not constant and they have also failed to find that.

Any help would be appreciated.

Marc
Old 17 May 2007, 01:03 PM
edthedoc
Scooby Regular

Same here unfortunately. Vaseline around the edges/clips of the removable panels around the steering wheel helped a bit.
Old 17 May 2007, 01:50 PM
Boyakasha
Scooby Regular

Cheers for that.

Got the fix for the rear windscreen rattle, now hopefully I'll get the dash rattle sorted.
Old 17 May 2007, 09:01 PM
ScoobyWeb
Scooby Regular

Try searching on here for air vent rattle, I think there have been many with this problem on newage cars, also think some have cured it.

Chris.
Old 17 May 2007, 09:09 PM
renny
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Boyakasha
Cheers for that.

Got the fix for the rear windscreen rattle, now hopefully I'll get the dash rattle sorted.
What was found mate ?

I've also got like a creaky rattle type thing,not sure where from and only seems to occur on rough roads.

Gonna get the missus to sit in the back and try and locate it methinks !
Old 17 May 2007, 09:19 PM
bluto22b
Scooby Regular

Audi = No rattles, no squeaks in 7000 miles

Sorry to rub it in chaps but the motoring magazines have been warning you about the tacky build and inferior plastics of the marque for the last 10 years. If I were you I would forget it, I am sure you all bought the Impreza for the fantastic car that it is i.e. excellent traction off the line, great handling and kidney punching grunt

It's horses for courses lads. I personally got fed up of the crappy build that is why I bought an Audi but then I am an old fart

Blutes
Old 17 May 2007, 09:53 PM
powerman1
Scooby Regular

heres the fix for your rear window rattle
https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...g-me-nuts.html
Old 18 May 2007, 07:32 AM
Boyakasha
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bluto22b

Sorry to rub it in chaps but the motoring magazines have been warning you about the tacky build and inferior plastics of the marque for the last 10 years. If I were you I would forget it, I am sure you all bought the Impreza for the fantastic car that it is i.e. excellent traction off the line, great handling and kidney punching grunt

It's horses for courses lads. I personally got fed up of the crappy build that is why I bought an Audi but then I am an old fart

Blutes
Bluto I had a MY03 STi and thought I better take it easy after a run in with the law so bought an A3 TDi S-Line DSG, it lasted a year as I was so bored with it. Now back into my MY07 STi and love it. The rattles are annoying but the difference is that is puts a smile on my face when I drive it.

Don't get me wrong the Audi was a great car, build quality great, interior great looked fantastic but was just soul-less.
Old 18 May 2007, 08:14 AM
Martin WRX22
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bluto22b

Blutes

Great handling Cars them Audi`s though ain`t they

Unless you`ve got an R8 it`ll go round corners like a Giraffe on ACID.

Check out Evo Magazine`s lap time for a standard STI 06 against an RS4

Infact the standard STI exactly matches the time of the Evo IX 320.

The STI tested was`nt PPP`d.
Old 18 May 2007, 08:58 AM
marmski
Scooby Regular

I have a slight intermittnent dash rattle, but i think its coming from the passenger airbag (i have read this issue several times.)

Also had the window rattle, dealer fixed it with the removal of thos locater plugs that they leave in from manufacture.
Old 18 May 2007, 09:06 AM
Boyakasha
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by marmski
I have a slight intermittnent dash rattle, but i think its coming from the passenger airbag (i have read this issue several times.)

Also had the window rattle, dealer fixed it with the removal of those locater plugs that they leave in from manufacture.
Marmski I did a search as suggested by ScoobyWeband and it does sound like the dash rattle I have is from the dash mounted air vents. So I am printing off all these threads and will give them to the dealer so that they can fix the problems.

Fingers crossed.
Old 18 May 2007, 03:24 PM
Mildo
Scooby Regular

I too have several rattles in my new MY07 Scoob. The worst is on the driver's side dash but I have found that pressing the lower panel stops it so I'll sort it out this weekend. The other rattle comes from the passenger door trim so maybe that is the locator plugs mentioned above.

My MY04 had an intermittent rattle from the passenger air bag which always seemed to be worse in the cold weather.....
Old 18 May 2007, 03:36 PM
whitepilgrim
Scooby Regular

Had the same problem with MY05 rattle sounds like its coming from the dash vents.
The rattle was actually caused by the plastic pipe conected to air con sensor which is just below the heater dials just put insulation tape around it jobs a good un.

Rear rattle can be caused by the seat belt housing cover placed under the parcel shelf in the boot.