Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lambda voltage being offset at ecu / running rich?

Search this Thread

Old 14 May 2007, 11:07 PM
vulnax999
Scooby Senior
Support Scoobynet!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Lambda voltage being offset at ecu / running rich?

Dunno if this is best in here ...

Lambda sensor - got a 3 wire universal one with 1 black wire(bottom right ), 2 white wires ( top left and right). I believe the black wire is signal, the 2 white wires anre for the heater.

My MY94 wagon JDM scooby has 3 wires, looking at plug with connector on top - black/white (top left), yellow/red ( top right ) and white ( bottom right ).

This is an NTK plug compatible lambda for a Legacy approx 1992 model, will it work?

I am getting very rich running, and Apexi PFC readout on hand commander shows approx 0.3 volt difference to the volts seen at sensor wiring or as wire goes into ECU. AFR gauge wired just before ECU on car ECU loom and agrees with the voltmeter reading, which are 0.3v higher than the Hand commander sees.

After a lot of investigation into earths etc ( all good, multi earths in place ) I checked the other wire coming from the wiring sheath to the ECU that the lambda sensor wire came from ( other grey wire goes to pin 17, block B43 on ECU pinout, signal is pin 6 from B43 ) and found it did not give good earth. Checking it's voltage it gave approx 0.3v ... hmmm ... this grey wire is labelled shield in ECU pin out.

This would explain the volt offset from wire entering ECU and Hand commander read out.

SO ... Is the Lambda not suitable for a MY94 scooby JDM, or does it need any wires swapping over ( black on new lambda lines up with white on OEM car loom ) so the SHIELD wire to ecu sees EARTH / -ve connection ... or should I just cut the ECU feed wire and earth it?

ALL help gratefully received!

Thanks