Sponsored by:

Delimiting?

Search this Thread

Old 19 December 2001, 08:13 PM
Paulos
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Does anyone have any advise for the delimiting my '95 WRX RA import - suppliers/fitters, prices paid etc.
My speedo currently reads upto 112mph.
Am I right in thinking there are two options - Recalibration to mph and/or just disabling the limiter?
I think I'd like to go for the latter as I've seen some calibration conversions sporting mingin' dials, with dodgy mph stickers applied, and my current dial has the obvious nice black finish.
I've been quoted around £100 for recal. where they'll clock the current kph reading back to the new mph reading and supply certification. Does this sound kosha !?!

I've been pondering this problem for too long - Please help !!!

Paulos.

Old 20 December 2001, 09:03 PM
DaveD
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paulos,

I think the normal way round this is to recalibrate the speedo to MPH using a small electronic box. This allows you to keep the original dial (now reads up to 180mph rather than km/h!), and also gets round the limiter problem. The only mod to the dial is to add an "mph" sticker over the km/h mark.

Apparently the limiter looks for 180"km/h", but obviously you are tricking the speedo to read 1.6 times less than it was, and the limiter will now cut in at 180mph (as if you'll ever get there ).

The only down side is that you don't have any km/h markings for when you go continental. However I've found a piece of paper with a list of "x0 km/h = xx mph" blu-tacked to the dash good enough.

Dave