Sponsored by:

Can any one help

Search this Thread

Old 13 May 2007, 08:06 AM
dbay
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Can any one help

Can any one help me please. ive been a proud owner of a classic facelift for a couple of months. its a bit slow but that should be sorted with a td05 upgrade, a full stainless including up pipe decat down pipe, a colosol top mount intercooler, 255 fuel pump and a day on the rollers

But the problem is. when the car is cold or been stood for a few hours, when i come to drive it it makes a violent juddering when pulling off at low revs. its not knocking just juddering, but after ten mins of driving it seems to stop and go away. ive checked the engine mounts there is some play but they dont seem nackard

so i ask has any one had the same problem in the past, or know of a common fault what would cause this. any one please help
Old 13 May 2007, 08:58 AM
mwilliams
Scooby Regular

Is it clutch judder when you pull away mate or juddering when you're actually rolling?

If it's clutch judder they're very prone to it (do a search on the forum). Sometimes it can be fixed or reduced by doing a full bore high rev standing start. Let it slip a little as you take off. It may smoke and smell a bit but in theory the heat cleans the surface of the clutch plates off.

If it's juddering when you drive and the clutch is fully engaged then not sure but could be more serious. Engine mounts poss but you've checked them. Maybe transmission mounts?
Old 13 May 2007, 09:12 AM
dbay
Scooby Regular

yes it does it when im balancing the clutch and throttle to pull off. but it seems to stop when it is warm, the clutch doesnt seem to slip in any gear when driving fast or slow.
Old 13 May 2007, 09:31 AM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Standard clutch judder. As the car is long out of warranty the temporary fix is to slip the clutch a little when you pull off. Use a large amount of throttle and slowly lift the clutch. That tends the cure the issue for a while.

Long term fix is a new clutch. Mine has this issue too, had the issue for 2 years, every now and then I just slip the clutch a bit and the issue tends to go away.
Old 13 May 2007, 09:34 AM
Zola-the-master
Scooby Regular

I think i would try bleding the clutch first, It's a quick and simple job which wont cost you anything.
If that dont cure it, I'm affraid it's a new clutch by the sounds of it.
Old 13 May 2007, 09:46 AM
danfranklin1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mwilliams
Is it clutch judder when you pull away mate or juddering when you're actually rolling?

If it's clutch judder they're very prone to it (do a search on the forum). Sometimes it can be fixed or reduced by doing a full bore high rev standing start. Let it slip a little as you take off. It may smoke and smell a bit but in theory the heat cleans the surface of the clutch plates off.
Absolutely agree - sorted my cold-start clutch judder woes once & for all with a really terrible quick pull away from the lights racing a Ducati- tons of slipping & smell, thought I'd buggered it - but that was a year ago and no judder since.
Old 13 May 2007, 09:48 AM
dbay
Scooby Regular

Thanks.
ill bleed the clutch first if that dont cure it try slipping it.

otherwise mr exedy will be having a visit
Old 13 May 2007, 09:49 AM
mwilliams
Scooby Regular

Yep thats classic clutch judder fella.

As luminous and I said - a high rev/let the clutch slip standing start should sort it. You may find it judders again after a few weeks or months so do the same again.
If it gets so bad that it won't stop juddering no matter what you do, it's new clutch time.

Use the forum search tool for 'clutch judder' - loads of tips and advice there.
Old 13 May 2007, 11:12 AM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive always had clutch judder and got a new clutch last year............and it still does it, pretty embarrassing when you go past a bus stop in the mornings, jumping all over the place
Old 13 May 2007, 11:32 AM
wrx-kris
Scooby Regular

great excuse to do a launch!
Old 13 May 2007, 01:56 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would if i had a turbo