Sponsored by:

sti servicing

Search this Thread

Old 27 November 2000, 04:11 PM
buddy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I am currently taking my car to stamford garages in manchester to a guy called peter connolly he seems ok up to now and has all the diagnostic equipment for sti cars, does anyone else use this place for servicing, or do you know anywhere else in the north west which does servicing.I have found many places that will do general service oil, filter etc but do not have the diagnostic equipment for sti cars
Regards
Buddy
Old 27 November 2000, 09:18 PM
pwebb
Scooby Regular

buddy,

stick with C+K - you will not find anyone more knowledgeable than Peter.

fwiw I wouldn't take my sti anywhere else regardless of distance.

Paul W
Old 27 November 2000, 10:10 PM
buddy
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Cheers Paul
Buddy,
Old 29 July 2016, 08:23 AM
dskmanch
Scooby Newbie

Thumbs down

well it's a shame he seems to have let work standards slip. i had my engine rebuilt by Pete - took him 9 months to get it back to me - excuse and delay followed excuse and delay.

finally did get it back and 800 miles after the running in process, the headgasket let go. seems the studs weren't put in right (all different heights when checked initially and 3 seemed 'loose') and pulled the threads out of the block with 2 of them.

Pete's since sold Prosport (about half way through my engine rebuild) , although I understand he's still working in the area - and is now ignoring all communication. He did tell he that he'd personally built the short engine, but that this didn't include the cylinder head, studs etc. However, it was still someone on his team and now I'm having to foot the bill to get it repaired again, 2 months after paying £6k to Pete for the work in the first place.
Old 29 July 2016, 07:30 PM
Uncle Creepy
Scooby Regular

It's a 16-year-old thread, dude! A lot can happen in 16 years: Jimmy Saville can go from national treasure to village kiddy fiddler; Michael Jackson can go from black to white; and a previously pert pair of breasts, ravaged by gravity and babies, can become a sagging mess, dragging along the ground like the splitter of a car lowered too much.

Nevertheless, I wouldn't take this lying down. The small claims court is your friend! Good luck!