Newbie needing advice please?!!

Search this Thread

Old 23 April 2007, 12:35 AM
miric
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie needing advice please?!!

Hiya All,
Thought i would take the time to introduce myself, im Sy, 25 from Notts & have just brought myself A Subaru Impreza, its a 2 litre non turbo & the previous owner has been proper slack with looking after it! So im gonna give her a new leece of life but im no genius with the subaru engines, my m8 owns a WRX & recommended i post here & ask some of you for some info.

Here goes... In every gear it holds back at 4 grand, the bloke i had it off had a K&N air filter on it but there was a seperate pipe coming off near the K&N & there was this right small air filter on, but it looks like he cut the pipe & the lil filter shouldnt have been fitted at all. Should this pipe been bunged off & could this be why the car has lost its Humfff? I was thinking of using some redex & super unleaded to see if this helps blow any crap through? Does anyone have any advice they can give me to give this engine a bit of its former life back because has i said im still getting to grips with the engine & am unsure why its holding back so much?
Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks people
Sy