Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My pride and joy scratched yesterday (16th Dec)

Search this Thread

Old 17 December 2001, 10:18 AM
NickAdams
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Went into town yesterday (Warrington) shopping with my better half and when I returned to the car someone had kindly left a 6 inch scratch down my rear passenger door
Why the **** don't people take care or have some respect for other peoples property?????
Luckily,I managed to T cut most of the scratch out but I'm still left with a little mark where the top layer of paint has been.....
B*STARDS!

Nick..

MY01 with 18's
Old 17 December 2001, 10:40 AM
eliot
Scooby Regular

Angry

Sorry to hear about it, unfortunately I've had the same on my MY01 as well - someone opened their door onto mine and left a chip within the first few days of me having it. A few weeks later, someone scratched the bumper for me

I just wish they realised that we work hard to own our cars and keep them spotless, and to be a bit more considerate - but that's probably asking too much!! - The B*stards

Eliot (I'm not bitter)!

Old 17 December 2001, 01:43 PM
NickAdams
Scooby Regular

I know EXACTLY what you mean!!!!!!!

Nick..
Old 17 December 2001, 01:44 PM
speedking
Scooby Regular

Angry

Sorry to hear that m8.

Wife's Yaris lost a bit of paint to a car park 'hit and run'. Small cause, big effect [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] I think that the general standard of driving in Warrington is worse than most other places I've been. (The road layout doesn't help).

BTW saw a MY01 D*** heading towards the Hamptons (A49 Stockton Heath) a couple of weeks ago. Was that you? Whoops, another thread hijacked.
Old 17 December 2001, 01:46 PM
EvoRSX
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Nick,
You'll just have to sell it and get yourself an Evo. You know you want one.

Seriously though, I know how you feel. I'd had the Evo for about 2 months when I'd left it in a car park and someone had drove into the front end and scratched the paint work and bent the front wing slightly. I now take the precaution of parking it in the furthest point of any car park to avoid stupid b******* scratching and denting it.

Andy
Old 17 December 2001, 10:28 PM
NickAdams
Scooby Regular

Yeah,that's what I normally do Andy but you always get some tosser who comes and parks 3 inches away from my door.******* typical eh?
We have nice cars (You more than me ) but it's a shame that people don't respect em!
As to me in Stockton Heath Speedking - Twas not me I'm afraid.Mine is a Y plate but I think my other half saw the same car as you in Stockton Heath last weekend! (I do go through Stockton Heath quite a lot though!)

Cheers,

Nick..
Old 17 December 2001, 11:54 PM
GMT
Scooby Regular

Angry

Someone keyed my car on Sat night, so got a huge DEEP scratch all the way down the passenger rear door and wheel arch... thanks whoever did that

Probably 3-400 squid in damage !

Graham

Trending Topics

Old 18 December 2001, 04:29 PM
PaulMorrison
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

I had my MY01 two weeks when a kind bus driver pulled in too sharply and scraped the front right bumper. I was de-icing the windscreen at the time so I saw every bloody second of it. Thank god I was there however as I can claim on insurance (260 quid). I still feel violated.
HOT TIP: Park as far away from the shopping centre as possible i.e leave car at home and take a bus or DO YOUR SHOPPING ON THE INTERNET!!

Old 18 December 2001, 04:33 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Angry

I had only had my car back from the bodyshop three days and some sl@g days hit into my new rear bumper (at Tescos, whilst i was inside shopping) and damaged it!

Some people just do not care!

shopping type car parks seem to be the worst!

[Edited by Paul Habgood - 12/18/2001 4:33:53 PM]
Old 18 December 2001, 04:43 PM
Group Captain Smudger
Scooby Regular

Not sure if this will make you feel any better GMT but you're not alone. A few weeks ago someone walked right around my vehicle and scratched it deeply almost end to end - garage reckoned they used a screwdriver. Guess what? The following Sunday someone backed into the rear light, smashing it and scratching the bumper (but the culprit had the decency to own up on this occasion). Just luv to catch the bar starreds who did it. Mind you I still can't get out of the habit of parking well away from other vehicles even with the car in its damaged state.
Old 18 December 2001, 05:11 PM
bumcrack
Scooby Regular

Angry

The same thing happened to me.

Came back to my car ,looked down the side of it(as you do).Two nice big door dents.
I had a Toad alarm and it tells you if the alarms been tripped (with 4 beeps).It had.

So I waited in the car park for the owner of the car that had arrived.
The fat C**t says it wasn't him, He'd moved his car forward after setting me alarm off, so the dents didn't line up with his piece of sh!te.
I didn't click on at the times that he had moved it forward, I was thinking if he's not going to pay I going to lay him out in Asda car park.

Next time I'm just going to Punch the them,if it's a bloke ,because I'm just sick of it.

Arrh!!!!

Old 18 December 2001, 06:01 PM
thecirsch
Scooby Regular

Angry

I know how you feel. An old neighbour of mine redecorated the side of my 16V Clio when ever he would park his car, gave up complaining, if I'd done anything to his motor he would have known it was me. Felt a lot better when he moved, although I did give him something to think about 3 days before he left. I'll say no more!!

I've kept my £200 Fiesta if I need to go shopping and leave the Scooby well away from Tesco's.

Ed
Old 18 December 2001, 06:15 PM
Pete_UK99
Scooby Regular

Yeah noticed I've got a scratch now just above my petrol tank. quite deep, gone though to the primer. I think it was the postman because it wasn't there the dat before and I hadn't driven it anywhere. Cars only 6 months old so I'm a bit pissed off.
Old 19 December 2001, 11:07 AM
StevieB
Scooby Regular

Angry

All seems too much of a regular occurance.

Bought my first Subaru new in ’98 and within the month I’d had the side wall slashed on a rear tyre. About a year later had the front wing keyed. Tend to use my other halves old Astra for shopping trips and leave the Subaru at home. A bit sad when you can’t use something you work hard for, knowing there are loads of to$$ers out there willing to smash it up at any opportunity.
Old 19 December 2001, 11:51 AM
Son of Sam
Scooby Newbie

Angry

I know how you feel......its well anoying. My Evo was scratched by some tosser!

I just don't get the people who open their car doors into your car....then look at you and gaze at the hit area and wave to say its okay [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] I could kill them!

Not much else to do, other than hit them with a bit stick when they do it.

SoS
Old 19 December 2001, 06:19 PM
ajw
Scooby Regular

I always try to park next to a fairly expensive car - whenever my car has been wacked when Im sitting in it - its always some bum in a crappy old sierra or similar