Sponsored by:

terzo owner needs advice please

Search this Thread

Old 22 April 2007, 08:40 AM
jbabrh
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default terzo owner needs advice please

hi all this is my first thread and first time on this great site its a credit to you all.
i have a terzo which is totally standard apart from a scorpion exhaust and as coverd around 44000 miles. i have ownedthe car for a approx 6 months and in that time i have replaced the flywheel and clutch, replaced all the timing belt, tensioner, idlers and water pump the last three just as precaution! also i had a small oil leak at the rocker cover which i had done and all seems ok there. in the six month i think i have noticed a slight drop in the smoothness of the drive ie: a bit jerky on and off the throttle and also at constant low throttle it feels like its hesitent slightly. also the car doesnt seem to gain power smoothly it sort of hesitates on excelleration especially on half throttle. this is not in anyway a obvious fault and some people may not pick it up at all, but being the anoying perfectionist i spot everything!!! the only thing i havent touched yet are the plugs and leads but the leads look ok? is there any thing to look out for or to check or as anyone come accross this before. thanks again for this great site, rich. ( jersey channel islands) here are some pics:http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t234/jbabrh/016.jpg

Last edited by jbabrh; 22 April 2007 at 08:48 PM.
Old 22 April 2007, 09:01 AM
swtmerce
Scooby Regular

You could check your maf.
Old 22 April 2007, 09:20 AM
jbabrh
Scooby Regular

Question

yer was my first thought but how do you test these?
Old 22 April 2007, 11:06 AM
swtmerce
Scooby Regular

I seem to remember some method of measuring voltages but that's all I know about that. For my car, it was a 'try it and see'. The car had an intermittent bad idle and there was slight hesitancy when revving. There was no MAF code on the ECU check and I had already changed the idle control valve. So, I changed the MAF and the idle is not 100% fixed, but it's much much better. Also, the hesitancy has gone and low down power is much improved.
Old 22 April 2007, 01:46 PM
impreza_terzo3_no257
Scooby Regular

on my terzo it only hesitates when the car is warming up between 0 degrees and 60 degrees, other than that its spot on. I'd change the plugs as that is the cheapest option, then work your way round to idle valve and MAF, and just check the state of the air filter, if you haven't got a i/k then a highflow direct replacement should be the best option, and also have the fuel filter checked out aswell as it may be starving of a tiny bit of fuel, if you have the chance do a oil change aswell fresh oil and new filter may also help.
Old 22 April 2007, 01:56 PM
jbabrh
Scooby Regular

thanks to all for your replys. i did buy a k&n induction kit and had it on for about a week but actually though it sounded better and thought it drove better with it off? so i put the standard one back as anyone attempted to clean the track in the maf sensor or is this a definate no no. one more thing is it important to run these on super unleaded and not just unleaded as the price per litre is quite a lot here in jersey.
Old 22 April 2007, 02:06 PM
jbabrh
Scooby Regular

Default uploading pictures

anyone tell me how to upload pictures you might like to see this terzo

Trending Topics

Old 22 April 2007, 03:44 PM
impreza_terzo3_no257
Scooby Regular

uk type imprezas can run on 95 unleaded but if i remember correctly then it has to be models built on or before 1996. A standard 2 ltr terzo i would assume would have to run 98+ unleaded, to run perfectly.

With regards to the pics register with photobucket.com upload your pics on there and then copy the link related to the pic from photobucket and paste in the url box which will come up when you click on insert image.

hope this helps