Sponsored by:

Stolen in Berks

Search this Thread

Old 17 April 2007, 02:50 PM
Ian Payne
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stolen in Berks

Thought I would see if anyone can help me or put my mind at rest.

Some t0ssers broke into my house on Saturday night (14th) and managed to find my spare keys and take my Subaru off the drive. It all happened between 21:30 and 23:00 which makes me think someone has been watching the place and was waiting for me to go out.

Police called but nothing they could do as they wore gloves.

Problem is this: I upgraded from a Golf GTI when I bought the Subaru and upgraded the cover at the same time from TPO to TPFT. I called to make the claim and they inform me I am still TPO and it says so on my certificate as well. I have requested the tape of the conversation when I switched cars but if it is deemed that they are in the wrong, will I be able to procede with the claim? They are reviewing the tape at the moment and I am due a call back so fingers crossed.

Anyone ever come across anything similar?

Car was a dark blue UK wagon turbo with a towbar and was taken from Burnham (near Maidenhead) on Saturday night. Reg: S705 XHL. They also took my laptop and in my car was my ipod and Snap On tool chest with about £2000 worth of tools. The toolbox usually lives in the garage but I had been helping fix my cousins car that day and left them covered in the boot!

If anyone sees anything or has experience of the problem above I would be very grateful.

Cheers
Ian
Old 17 April 2007, 02:52 PM
scoobyverysoon
.......*SMACS*...........

Location: Manchester - Official SMACS Cleaning Freak who suffers from OCD

damn thads bad that m8 the fecking gits
Old 17 April 2007, 03:07 PM
donnas roo
Scooby Regular

Insurance companies try and get out of paying where ever possible. They did it me. Traded 2ltr V6 Vectra in for STI type uk,been with PRIVILAGE for 8 years, had protected full ncb on transfering it over + curtasy car, they never transfered then over.
When car got stolen they said i should have asked for then to be added on again, didn't have a leg to stand on. Lost 2years ncb and doubled insyrance on renewal.
Swapped companies and got it half the renewal price.
Hope you have more luck than i did.
Get in touch with the FINANCIAL INSURANCE OMBUDSMAN his number is 08450801800.
Hope this helps.

Donna XxX
Old 17 April 2007, 04:59 PM
Ian Payne
Scooby Regular

Thanks Donna, I will get in contact with them.

Still not heard anything despite numerous calls.

Ian
Old 17 April 2007, 05:34 PM
TNE
Scooby Regular

That's bad, I hope you get it all sorted quick.
Old 17 April 2007, 06:20 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

The problem here is that you are hoping that they will own up to their own mistake that is going to cost them money.

I would suggest that you record any conversations you have with them as a matter of great importance. You want someone at some point to admit that there is a taped record of your conversation that is still in existence.

Should they lose the tape then you may have a problem.
Old 17 April 2007, 07:30 PM
Lydia72
Scooby Regular

You might be able to claim for your laptop and ipod through your house insurance if the car insurance won't cough up for them.
I had my Classic stolen last year (house broken into for car keys) and there was a query with my claim initially because the claims department were saying there was no record of me declaring the mods. I was 100% sure the mods had been declared because the fella had asked at the time if the BHP had increased as a result and then he made a joke about 'You can never have too many horses'. Thankfully it was all sorted out but it made my heart race for a while thinking it was going to affect my payout.

Hope you get it sorted soon and they catch the scum that did it.

Trending Topics

Old 17 April 2007, 09:10 PM
Brit_in_Japan
Scooby Regular

Ian, some years ago my insurer refused to change the policy part way through. What I mean is I had TPF&T and wanted to upgrade it to fully comp for a new car. They said the only way to do it would be to cancel the previous policy (and they would have refunded virtually nothing of my annual policy fee which had 4 months to run ) and take out a new policy for fully comp.

So I either had to forfeit 4 months worth of insurance to change policy or chance it until renewal time. I chanced it and all was OK, but I would have been seething if I'd needed to make a "fully comp" claim during that time.

They may well have the same policy, but not made it clear to you when you informed them of the change of details. If you requested to go TPF&T and they didn't inform you that it was not possible (or they made a mistake) then you have a case. Impossible to prove unless they have a recording of it though.

Best of luck.
Old 17 April 2007, 09:16 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

The car will turn up in or around Bristol.

There are lots of thefts from the Berkshire area now, appears the thieves are coming down the M4 (or M3, can't remember which exactly).

Would highly recommend anyone around Berkshire, and also the Chertsey area of Surrey take extra precaution whenever possible.
Old 17 April 2007, 10:27 PM
donnas roo
Scooby Regular

Been asking about a bit for you, If your car is on the drive you can claim off your house insurance (depending on your house cover). But that guy from the number i gave you will tell you everything you need to know.
Old 23 April 2007, 09:09 AM
Ian Payne
Scooby Regular

Angry Update!

Well saw the car yesterday on Shoppenhangers Road in Maidenhead, near the Holiday Inn hotel for those that know the area. Some little ****** driving so me and a mate gave chase but as we were on our m'bikes and didn't want to die they/he got away.

Car is now wearing what looked like a T reg front plate but the rear plate was the same S705XHL. Poor thing was filthy, missing the drivers side wing mirror glass and had something hanging off underneath.

If anyone lives around the area please contact the police if you see it. It is very possible theiving scum are also using a classic green turbo wagon in the same area.

A very decent reward for the car back or any information in getting back my stuff.

Cheers
Ian
Old 23 April 2007, 12:11 PM
P1 RAJ
Scooby Regular

Hi mate,

Sorry to hear this.Will keep an eye out for you in langley/slough area.
Hope you get insurance claim sorted.

Raj
Old 23 April 2007, 12:17 PM
Ian Payne
Scooby Regular

Hi Raj,

Hope all is well, drop me an email: ianp 'at' second-sight.com

Cheers
Ian
Old 02 May 2007, 01:58 PM
anthonyreading
Scooby Regular

Will also keep my eyes open, i live around reading, will send you an email if i see it...

good luck
Old 02 May 2007, 03:58 PM
Mo.k
Scooby Regular

will keep eye out for it in Weybridge Surrey area. good luck