ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Prodrive Sports Cat

Search this Thread

Old 05 April 2007, 07:25 PM
bmac800
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prodrive Sports Cat

Is there supposed to be a blanket around the Prodrive sports cat on a MY05 STI.There isnt one fitted on mine and I want to make sure there should be before I phone and play hell tomorrow.It looks like the whole downpipe needs turned as the cat is quite close to the engine and they have pulled off the blanket - thats no heatshield refitted,the exhaust rattling off the floor and the blanket missing.Shocking service for a job that cost nearly £2000.
Old 05 April 2007, 07:28 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bmac800
Is there supposed to be a blanket around the Prodrive sports cat on a MY05 STI.There isnt one fitted on mine and I want to make sure there should be before I phone and play hell tomorrow.It looks like the whole downpipe needs turned as the cat is quite close to the engine and they have pulled off the blanket - thats no heatshield refitted,the exhaust rattling off the floor and the blanket missing.Shocking service for a job that cost nearly £2000.
nope, no blanket on that year mate internal heat wrap (or whatever it's called)

one thing to strike off the bad list (not good to have a list at all though!!)

your exhaust, was it rattling the pipe itself or was it the 2nd decat pipe and they haven't put the heat sheild back on properly? just a thought
Old 05 April 2007, 07:39 PM
bmac800
Scooby Regular

Just as well I checked before I phoned and lost the head.Centre section of the exhaust was hitting the tunnel - put it on the ramp and slackened it all off and realigned it and its ok now and trimmed and refitted the heatshield.Car goes great big difference but it pisses me off when you are paying a lot of money for a second rate job and then spend ages getting the **** ups sorted.
Old 05 April 2007, 07:43 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bmac800
Just as well I checked before I phoned and lost the head.Centre section of the exhaust was hitting the tunnel - put it on the ramp and slackened it all off and realigned it and its ok now and trimmed and refitted the heatshield.Car goes great big difference but it pisses me off when you are paying a lot of money for a second rate job and then spend ages getting the **** ups sorted.
agree completely.

i may be wrong but i think the tunnel you're talking of is the heatsheild for that pipe, they re-fit the sheild to the new decat pipe, so again, it's something that seems to have been rushed and not what you'd expect for the money

if i were you mate, i'd be sending a letter to the dealer and to Subaru UK. never know, you may get something out of it