Sponsored by:

Cannonball Packs

Search this Thread

Old 14 December 2001, 09:49 AM
mr cannonballer
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Morning Everyone

Just wondered if those who had requested a Cannonball Run Europe 2002 Information Pack had received it yet.

If you did, what is your opinion on it.

If you are interested in the event and would like to receive a pack, then let me know and I will send one out today for you.

Cheers Chris

www.cannonballruneurope.co.uk
Old 14 December 2001, 10:12 AM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Received mine yesterday. Looks professional and well designed. The rules are well thought out and fair. The only rule that, arguably, is missing, is not allowing the excessive consumption of alcohol the night before driving (at one of the parties). Apart from that, well done. I just need the Reuters share price to increase by a few pounds and I'll be sending in my deposit...

[Edited by Jerome - 12/14/2001 10:14:02 AM]
Old 14 December 2001, 11:13 AM
RobinSherwood
Scooby Regular

Cool

Hi Chris,

Yes I got my pack yesterday too.

All looks very professional, the only criticism I would make is that there isn't any real information on the places the event is likely to visit.

I mean the bit about not knowing your route to the next checkpoint until the end of each leg sounds fun but it would be nice to have a rough of idea of the expected route.

Have you ever seen the information sent out by the Motor Sports Association for one of their events such as the MSA Euro Classic? You might find it useful as this event is similar in size and distance and has been running since the early nineties so they have a lot of experience.

Please take the above in the constructive spirit it is intended. I hope to take part just a matter of press ganging a second driver and choosing which car!

Cheers

Robin
Old 14 December 2001, 11:27 AM
ChristianR
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mine hasnt arrived yet - will check when i get home.
Old 17 December 2001, 11:37 AM
mr cannonballer
Scooby Newbie

Morning All,

To RobinSherwood. Thanks for the post. We have revealed more on the e route. With the letter we sent out with the information packs we have included a timeline of all the places the Cannonball Run Europe 2002 will be visited.

There will be 14 major cities visited thought the 11 countries. From these cities we have mentioned you will be able to work out a rough idea of the route.

RobinSherwood, have you expressed interest in the Cannonball Run Europe 2002. If not, would you like to receive one.

Hopefully by now, those who requested a pack, should have one. What do you all think? If you have any questions please don't hesitate to let me know

Cheers Chris
Old 17 December 2001, 11:45 AM
Seamus300
Scooby Regular

Smile

Got mine on Friday, all looks pretty good to me, I have to say I was a little concerned after the Gumball coverage (Ruby Wax and Jackass on MTV), however the pack looks very professional and emphasises it isn't a race which is good.
You also win brownie points for having Children in Need as the charity that will be supported, you maybe should have put that on the original post?
Currently looking at the idea of getting some advertising on the car so the company can pick up the tab!
Nice one,
Sean.
Old 17 December 2001, 01:23 PM
T16GER
Scooby Regular

Gto mine when I got back on Friday, and it looks good to me, I just need to get my co-driver sorted out and I'll be there.

What type of percentage of the money will be going to Children in Need???
Old 17 December 2001, 01:54 PM
mr cannonballer
Scooby Newbie

Hi Ti6ger

Thanks for the post.

Hope you get your Co-driver sorted out soon.

At the moment, we do not know the actual figure. All we can say is a percentage WILL be going to Children in Need.

We are still in negotiations with the tracks, the hotels and the ferry crossings and at this stage it is too early to say how much exactly.

We have to bear in mind all factors before a overall figure can be decided and mainly, the overall figure will depend on the number of entries we get.

An overall amount will be decided and when it does, you will be the first to know.

Cheers Chris

www.cannonballruneuorpe.co.uk

[Edited by mr cannonballer - 12/18/2001 11:31:39 AM]