Sponsored by:

oh kings of scoobys............

Search this Thread

Old 30 March 2007, 10:58 PM
micared-prodrive
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oh kings of scoobys............

guys is it poss to hit the magic 300 without a remap? as you prob know if you look at (my scoob) you can see im running just under 270,would changing headers,up and down pipes etc etc get me to the 300....just like the spartans............ ...........any help welcomed plz.
Old 30 March 2007, 11:04 PM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by micared-prodrive
would changing headers,up and down pipes etc etc get me to the 300.... any help welcomed plz.
I would have thought Remapping would, be cheaper and more effective than you other options etc etc.

Tony
Old 30 March 2007, 11:14 PM
Moonloops
Scooby Regular

mods are useless without remaps IMHO of course!!
Old 30 March 2007, 11:49 PM
micared-prodrive
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Moonloops
mods are useless without remaps IMHO of course!!
wonders why my mods have raised my bhp ......if you cant help,then go have a wee wee and leave scoobs to proper boys......thanks hun...enjoy your wagon imao

Last edited by micared-prodrive; 30 March 2007 at 11:54 PM.
Old 30 March 2007, 11:50 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Depends on your turbo and injectors really, if they aint up to the job then no matter what you do, you wont reach 300bhp.

Tony
Old 30 March 2007, 11:51 PM
micared-prodrive
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by T5NYW
I would have thought Remapping would, be cheaper and more effective than you other options etc etc.

Tony
thanks tony,i guess it would but i want to do it natural,mapping a car is like taking steriods only you forget to train,doing it natural you have to train............erm does that make sense....lol
Old 30 March 2007, 11:52 PM
micared-prodrive
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
Depends on your turbo and injectors really, if they aint up to the job then no matter what you do, you wont reach 300bhp.

Tony
thanks m8.................
Old 31 March 2007, 12:01 AM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

thanks tony,i guess it would but i want to do it natural,mapping a car is like taking steriods only you forget to train,doing it natural you have to train............erm does that make sense....lol
No it isn't. If anything, doing mods without mapping is more "unnatural" as you're not telling the ECU about the mods. You'll get more power than standard but not as much as the same car mapped. Then there's the risk of detonation with certain (unmapped) mods.......

Still, each to their own.

Anyway, I'm off to do a wee wee.
Old 31 March 2007, 12:47 AM
Daz34
Scooby Regular

if you cant help,then go have a wee wee and leave scoobs to proper boys......thanks hun...enjoy your wagon imao
Your school holiday start today did it?
Old 01 April 2007, 09:59 AM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A lot will depend on what car you are starting with. For instance if you start with an M/Y 95 WRX Wagon, it will be pretty difficult to reliably exceed 300 bhp without some form of remap and you would need to change turbo and injectors.
If you start with an STi Wagon M/Y 97 with 280 bhp or something like that as standard then getting well over 300 bhp on the standard ECU is very easy. I have one of these at 335 bhp and 333-338 ft.lbs on OE ECU, injectors, turbo and TMIC. To go any further RELIABLY would involve changing all four of these items. There will be a little more power to pick up already with a mappable ECU. The injectors are maxed out, the turbo only has a little bit left in it and I already monitor the charge temperatures as the TMIC is operating well beyond its safe limit.
The above power reliably, is only available on a good engine if you know exactly what you are doing.
Old 01 April 2007, 10:34 AM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

Why wouldn't you want to remap!?

I personally agree with moonloops - regardless of the rather unnecassary reply you made in response. If your not going to get a remap/ecu (depending on MY of car) it *does* make all the other mods kind of pointless. You saying that you see an improvment is all well and good - but your spending all your money and seeing only a fraction of the performance available from the modifications you've made.

Thats ignoring the fact that carrying out lots of mods without a remap is risking real damage to your engine. From your post about Mapping, I am under the impression you really don't understand the reasons for mapping and what the ECU actually does. I can only suggest you do some reading on the subject.
Old 01 April 2007, 10:35 AM
Moonloops
Scooby Regular

wonders why my mods have raised my bhp ......if you cant help,then go have a wee wee and leave scoobs to proper boys......thanks hun...enjoy your wagon imao
I was trying to explain that you get so much more out of a re-mapped car. Also do you know how your existing mods have affected your fuelling etc ?

Thanks for the chavesque reply anyway - made me laugh
Old 01 April 2007, 11:22 AM
Pete
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you on crack?? you`ve put a post up asking peoples advice and all you`ve done is reply with silly comments, obviously you don,t know alot about cars in general.

A remap would be the way to go, get the fueling etc checked, you won,t do it by just mods alone, plus that can be SO risky, why not take onboard peoples advice, you never know you might get your 300 bhp then......

........Pete........
Old 01 April 2007, 11:31 AM
scooby-tc
Scooby Regular

Clearly he/her doesnt want to listen to advice so let them get on with modding their car without a remap and when it runs lean and goes pop we can all say 'i told you so'

some people
Old 01 April 2007, 12:13 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Prasius

From your post about Mapping, I am under the impression you really don't understand the reasons for mapping and what the ECU actually does. I can only suggest you do some reading on the subject.

Nice one Prasius.
Old 01 April 2007, 12:29 PM
richie001
Scooby Regular

i can see why southwestscoobies asked you to leave their site
Old 01 April 2007, 01:19 PM
Broxi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by richie001
i can see why southwestscoobies asked you to leave their site
we have not asked him to leave as yet. he was suspended. for 7 days.

however his post reference uson here is imo an attempt to start flaming with SWS on here, and i do not wish that to happen.

The Advanced members have been asked to decide on the future of MRP on SWS. but as yet he has not been asked to leave.

He posted of his own free will saying he is leaving, before his suspension.

On the subject of his Question.

Mods will work without a remap, but as everyone has said, to ensure the reliability of your engine and get the most out of those Mods you have to have a remap.

I am currently running 334 BHP in my 93 RA with loads of mods, inc an Apexi ECU. however its Not mapped. as the ecu was Initialized. i expect my power to go up to just over 350 as i am still running the TD05 16G turbo.

this is the power level i had before when the car was mapped properly.
I have only been running on the default map after the ecu was sent to Apexi for repair. and its not been mapped as i was running in a New Engine.

Derek